TEU-101bk Beeping & working?

Evening all,

Stuck with this one!

Spec:

TA-05 Chassis (4wd belt driven)

TEU-101bk Speed controller

Ansman 28 Clash motor

3000mah ansman battery

Bought a car from someone on ebay.... turned on trans, then car, car flew forwards of its own accord....

Playing with the throttle stick and the adjusters for a about 25 seconds, wheels stopped spinning and car seemed to be OK and responding to forward/reverse and left and right commands....

Took car outside, has a brand new Ferrari FXX shell on it...

Full throttle, car goes off, nice and fast, few skids and so on, nice car, nice bit of driving!

Then after about 9 mins, i was about to slam into the wall (**** driving!), but as i pulled back on throttle (well, put brakes on or reverse as such), car kept going and banged into the wall! :huh: so my new shell has a crack on the bumper now!

Wheels still going so pulled away from the wall, carried on playing, all seems OK, but then after a few mins, same thing, except I can turn left & right no problem, but the car just wants to accelerate by itself..

I have to put the car in reverse as such just to make it stop... Turning the transmitter off, the car carries on going! :huh:

The bloke i bought it from said it was a display car and not used much (does look in good condition!), but since changing batteries and taking it out again, its the same thing, car just wants to drive itself....

Got car in teh house and put on a box, turned everything on, and as above, left and right work OK, but car just goes full throttle by itself!

When putting it in reverse, or moving it slowly in reverse, the motor slows, and will stop, but i can hear a beeping going on.... as if its getting commands from somewhere to control the forward/reverse ?

I have 2 controllers, tried both, same reaction, only thing i havent changed is the crystals (sticker says crystal is on 26mhz i think)

Weird how it worked earlier perfectly for 9 mins, and then just has a mind of its own!

Anyone had a similar issue ? :huh:

Put your transmitter adjustments at zero/neutral and reset the speed controller using the setup button. If you don't have the instruction manual you can download one from here - http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=45029

Also make sure you have your radio antennas set up right. The transmitter antenna should always be fully extended, and the receiver antenna should be unbundled and run through a pipe out of the top of the shell, avoiding any power wires. Always switch the radio on before the car, always switch the car off before the radio, otherwise it will run out of control.

The TEU101-BK beeps when there is no radio signal detected by the ESC. Some recievers don't get along with the TEU101. I have one Hi-Tec radio set that will not work together with the TEU101 no matter what I do.

digitrc covered everything else.

..............I have one Hi-Tec radio set that will not work together with the TEU101 no matter what I do.

I too have that problem..... It's with an Acoms Techniplus radioset.....

Mark, what radio are you using with that speedo? I've just built up a truck again wanting to use this speedo and (radio if possible) as I had both spare.

I have Futaba R122JE recievers with all of my TEU101-BK ESCs. This combination works fine. Sadly this reciever is now discontinued and replaced with the R152JE. I have not used a R152JE as yet so don't know how it works with a TEU101-BK.

The one that won't work is a HiTec HP-2RNB reciever. I have two of these recievers now and neither will work with the TEU101-BK. The recievers work fine with another ESC (PC NoLimit) and they work fine in the nitro cars (where I ended up putting them).

122s are great, they have BEC & works well with the TEU102BK

152 otoh... if they're the same ones that came originally with the 2PL when that first came out,

they don't have BEC built-in and expects to be fed no more than 6.0V.

When the TEU102BK feeds it 7.2V they just shutdown (albeit without permanent damage afaik).