PowerPee

Tamiya Dual Hunter

My apologies in advance if this topic is placed on the wrong thread.

I recently bought a Dual Hunter and am planning to run it soon. A couple of questions to the experts here...

1.) What's a good modified pair of motors (i know the stock is slow), brushless for the DH? Someone told me I could only buy 1 motor and swap the rear end while maintaining the stock on the front. Any PROS and CONS about this?

2.) In relation to question 1, does buying a radio have anything to do with the modified motors? I am planning to get jus the 2PL from Futaba.

I am not a racer but would still love to have this run as fast as it can...

Thank you in advance for the help...

You need two matched motors, either zero timed or one running in the normal direction and one in reverse.

A pair of Sport Tuned black cans will work well with 20t steel pinions and a good ESC. The TEU103 is perfect for these.

2PL is a good radio - should work fine.

In addition to the items recommended in the above post, oil shocks & full bearings are about all you need. Enjoy.

you can do dual brushless systems like i did on my clod. you need 2 complete bl systems though.

i used 2 ezrun 60 amp 4000kv systems:

IMG_7997.JPG

PowerPee,

the Dual Hunter is a capable off-road car, but the chassis isn't up to too much power. Check out the "Monster Trucks" section. This thread is located there.

Start out by adding 1150 ball bearings. The gearboxes come factory assembled - make sure you have a well fitting screwdriver to take them apart.

Oil shocks also help the ride, just don't stretch the suspension travel; the dogbones will drop out.

Cheers