Sign in to follow this  
Will16

Mini Clubman Shell

Hi all,

Having a look around on the net and cant seem to find a Mini Clubman shell, only normal Minis. Then I was looking on TC homepage and saw Blacque Jacque's Munchkin. That had a Hot Rod Clubman shell on. Anyoneknow of anywhere to get the Hot Rod Clubman or any other clubman shell?

How on earth did I manage to miss that?? I looked all over!! Thanks, shall be ordering some very soon!! Thanks again!!!

Hi, its worth asking Hunter if they have clear / polycarb version of the Clubbie shell, they were available a few years ago. The shell is very basic, no fittings or decals. It won't fit on a M-chassis becuase it is smaller 1/12th scale, you'll need a Mardave Ministock or a V12 kit. Here's mine, sorry I haven't got a spare shell. I made the grille from a photo of my car and then printing it on a sticker, and I did the window surrounds by photocopying and scaling down a standard Tamiya Mini Cooper decal sheet, the bumpers are coloured foam. Hope that helps.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp...007122056_2.jpg

There was talk on Mini and RC forums a few years ago that someone had taken a 1/10th M01/M03 Tamiya Cooper and modelled a Clubman front end in polycarb. I'm sure I saw a picture of the prototype shell. However it never got made, which is a great shame, because I think it would have sold like hotcakes to us 'real size' Clubman and GT owners!

Your clubbie looks great. A polycarb shell would be ideal. I was thinking of getting one and cutting it down to look like a road one not a hot rod racer!