Sign in to follow this  
aeon38

Lets see your custom Monster Beetle pics!

Hi all,

This is my first post on this site, I have been getting into the RC hobby over the last year and have slowly been building a collection of my fave vintage Tamiya trucks that I could never afford as a kid, I got this mint Monster Beetle fairly recently, it was built but never finished therefore never run so is the best you could find. Im not particularly fussy about keeping it standard as I use this bug as a runner so have a few upgraded parts including ansmann ally dampers, full bearings, M-tronics Viper RV11 esc, Tamiya sport tuned motor, aluminium front arms, stainless steel body mounting brace and an acoms steel geared high torque servo.

As well as the standard boxart body I have just got hold of a chrome plated one, I assume its a blitzer body but still looks amazing, see pics.

I would be really interested to see some forum members MB's so please post some pics, cheers!post-35467-1304803029_thumb.jpg

The driver is chrome too? If he starts asking about John Connor, watch out! <_<

When in Rome:

MonsterBeetle081210005.jpg

DSC_0247-1.jpg

DSC_0256-1.jpg

DSC_0225-2.jpg

MonsterBeetle081210012.jpg

And finally.. when is a Monster Beetle not a Monster Beetle? When it's a MEGA Monster Beetle:

BuggyProjects002.jpg

BuggyProjects004.jpg

If he starts asking about John Connor, watch out! :o

Speaking of Connor, check out TC member Conner's showroom for a quite astounding collection of Monster Beetles. To this day I associate his name with Monster Beetles after seeing posts of his collection and incredible paint jobs.

PS: no humans were harmed in this post, and I assume this Connor is not a killer robot, although he does have some killer modeling skills. ;)

Speaking of Connor, check out TC member Conner's showroom for a quite astounding collection of Monster Beetles. To this day I associate his name with Monster Beetles after seeing posts of his collection and incredible paint jobs.

PS: no humans were harmed in this post, and I assume this Connor is not a killer robot, although he does have some killer modeling skills. ;)

+1.. Connor has Godlike skills when it comes to repairing MB shells. Quite incredible to see some of the things he's managed to breathe life back in to. I have considered asking him to cast his magic touch on my battered old girl, but actually I like that "been to badword and Back" look :o

The driver is chrome too? If he starts asking about John Connor, watch out! ;)

Ah yes, thats exactly what I thought, a T1000 driving a MB, what a great concept! :o

Here's a naked shot of my modded MB:

mb.jpg

More details HERE, HERE, and HERE

Some great looking mods there, is the diff arrangement one of those elusive Thorpe conversions? I would like to upgrade mine to the dogbone shafts as I hear the hex ones arent very tough, any advice as to how I can do it?

naked, nothing too fancy. it has a parma baja beetle shell....still not painted. lol

IMG_3824.JPG

this is my dads old tamiya monster beetle that he has had in the garage for about 20 years that i have put a brush less motor in and also got all new tires for it because they had perished but i am still trying to look for a rear wheel for it because over the years it has gone missing.

post-31826-1305473345_thumb.jpg

What level of brushless motor have you put in there? If it's too fierce, it'll tear it to shreds - especially if you're going to go LiPo as well.

Out of the box ORV gearboxes are legendarily weak, even with brushed motors.

What level of brushless motor have you put in there? If it's too fierce, it'll tear it to shreds - especially if you're going to go LiPo as well.

Out of the box ORV gearboxes are legendarily weak, even with brushed motors.

its out of my brushless stepup stinger im not sure what that is lol i will have to find the box