Sign in to follow this  
94grasshopper

monster beetle wheels and tires

can any body help me because i can not find wheels and tires to fit my vintage tamiya monster beetle i am looking for original wheels but also does any body know of any other wheels that will fit it and would not look to small

thanks kyle

post-31826-1304964534_thumb.jpg

can any body help me because i can not find wheels and tires to fit my vintage tamiya monster beetle i am looking for original wheels but also does any body know of any other wheels that will fit it and would not look to small

thanks kyle

Blackfoot, lunchbox, Blitzer Beetle, Stadium Blitzer, HPI 2.2 Wheels (F5 look good)

Basically you want any old style 2.2"

You can buy Frog Hex Adapters (also for MB, BF etc) which allows the use of many other wheels that take the 12mm Hex.

Just be careful to get 2wd sets, as the fronts obviously have bearings instead of free rolling hex's.

Blackfoot, lunchbox, Blitzer Beetle, Stadium Blitzer, HPI 2.2 Wheels (F5 look good)

Basically you want any old style 2.2"

You can buy Frog Hex Adapters (also for MB, BF etc) which allows the use of many other wheels that take the 12mm Hex.

Just be careful to get 2wd sets, as the fronts obviously have bearings instead of free rolling hex's.

thanks i have got some hex adapters on my grasshopper they should fit

These any use ? Check dimensions vs the originals..

wheels.jpg

http://www.mods4cars.com/sms/shop/index.ph...view&id=152

Got a set of their buggy wheels n tyres, seem to be similar to Tamiya (pretty much copies so wouldn't expect any different !). Received a painted shell from them today, again seems decent quality, well finished and cheap as chips !

I don't think it's all that easy to find 2.2 front wheels anymore with bearings. King Blackfoot is the last Tamiya with them I think, and may still be available. Otherwise you can keep an eye out for vintage Imex wheels. Maybe it's feasible on the MB knuckles to swap in Traxxas stub shafts and open up front wheel choices.

These any use ? Check dimensions vs the originals..

Got a set of their buggy wheels n tyres, seem to be similar to Tamiya (pretty much copies so wouldn't expect any different !). Received a painted shell from them today, again seems decent quality, well finished and cheap as chips !

they have hex drives in them as they are fourby wheels . if your keen i have a set of used traxxas eagle srt rims , which i had on my frog , a new set of hpi tri-spoke chrome rims and a new of 5 spoke chrome rims all to suit front wheel drive in 2.2 2010_0104truckfrog0020.jpgrccars028.jpg

• Like 1

thanks for replaying i want some wheels that will fit and that wont look to small on it and as cheap as possible lol

they have hex drives in them as they are fourby wheels . if your keen i have a set of used traxxas eagle srt rims , which i had on my frog , a new set of hpi tri-spoke chrome rims and a new of 5 spoke chrome rims all to suit front wheel drive in 2.2 2010_0104truckfrog0020.jpgrccars028.jpg

do they fit straight on a monster beetle

The original tires are still available new from Tamiya (part no. 50374). HPI makes their Monster Racing SS 2.2 wheel in the proper size for both front and rear. I've never used them but the description at Tower Hobbies says they come with adapters to run them on several brands of trucks including Tamiya.

'' do they fit straight on a monster beetle '' the silver traxxas one's in the pic ? i think so , if you have long axle shafts on the front , i have them also , they should .