Brooklyn Nights

Have prices gone through the floor?

Hi all.

Not been on this site for a while but I'm wondering Whats happened to prices of re re kits as sold by us members. I'm trying to sell a brand new unbuilt lunchbox with a good amount of hopups but I'm not getting any takers either on here or ebay! Has the resale values crashed through the floor?

Rich

It could just be timing. I think it's a great deal for what you're offering for that price and I would seriously like to take it myself but I don't have the money right now for it. Maybe all those that are interested are in the same situation and just don't have the spare funds right at this moment.

I guess thats it as thats why I'm selling a lot of stuff. Or rather have done. I'm skint and need the cash. lol Guess its just wait and see time. :lol:

as my old dad would say '' moneies tight , times is hard , this year you'll be luck to get a christmas card ! .. blame it on the global recession ..its a buyers market in every thing ! at the time of replying the aussie dollar buys 1.08 us dollars ..

I saw that and was tempted. But, hop ups are personal and there are things included that I wouldn't want, use or buy (such as the motor). I sometimes think bog standard sells better, or the hop ups being effectively free..

Irrespective of hop ups, I don't there are many people that would be £130 for a LunchBox.

I've just done a quick add up and buying from main retailers (so I have return options if there are any problems etc) I can get a VLB (with ESC), ball-race set and paint for under £100. The other items listed with yours are not things I would buy, so it just wouldn't make sense.

It's not overpriced as such, it just needs the right person (such as you) to see it and want that spec...

Sorry

I take the point about some not wanting the hop ups but even if they dont want them its still worth it to buy and resell the hop ups. On ebay the shocks sell for £20 for a set of 2 so knock a few quid off and sell them for £17 thats £34. The motor sells on ebay for £30 so make it say...£25 and thats £59 quid there and if selling to other TC members on here that you trust then there is no fees. I still think its to do with everyone just not having the cash atm.

Rich

I take the point about some not wanting the hop ups but even if they dont want them its still worth it to buy and resell the hop ups. On ebay the shocks sell for £20 for a set of 2 so knock a few quid off and sell them for £17 thats £34. The motor sells on ebay for £30 so make it say...£25 and thats £59 quid there and if selling to other TC members on here that you trust then there is no fees. I still think its to do with everyone just not having the cash atm.

Rich

Or they can't be bothered to buy and resell the unwanted items.

You'll have more joy if you list each item separately on Ebay/Tamiyaclub trades.

;)

Cash isn't a problem, without wanting to sound "flash" (which I hardly am!) But, to be honest, the cash to made from reselling isn't worth the time to list it and post it out.

Your pricing is right for the right person, but you have limited your customer base. Newbies could be put off by the higher than standard price without knowing why the extras are any good. Experienced folk are likely to have their own wishlist of parts. You just need the right buyer to come along, but it could take a while..

I blame the recent flood of popular re releases it has sent the majority of us broke .

Just when we get enough steam up and have a few quid to spend they hit us with another popular re re.

I blame the recent flood of popular re releases it has sent the majority of us broke .

Just when we get enough steam up and have a few quid to spend they hit us with another popular re re.

Yeah as crazy as it sounds, there's just been too many re-releases of late.

I couldn't actually read the whole ad - that large font you used is horrible - that style of listing always puts me off

post-1185-1305125157_thumb.jpg

Try splitting the 'deal' up into shocks etc - you may not sell it all on the first attempt, but like people have already said, hopups are a personal thing which some people like to add to suit their own requirements

I use large font on ebay as its easier to read for people like myself who have sight problems.

If it doesn't sell it will be relisted at the same price but with no offers as people are just taking the proverbial with some of the offers. I mean £55? Do me a favour. If it then doesn't sell I'll give it to next doors brat as I'm getting sick of all this now. Beginning to wish I'd never came back in to RC stuff as its not worth the hassle anymore.

Rich

If you split it I would probably take the kit, mounts and bearings off you for £80 if you are interested. If you then sell the shocks and motor for the prices you mentioned you will come in above your target price....

Sorry if that seems low, but a new kit can be had online from retailers for £81

I use large font on ebay as its easier to read for people like myself who have sight problems.

If it doesn't sell it will be relisted at the same price but with no offers as people are just taking the proverbial with some of the offers. I mean £55? Do me a favour. If it then doesn't sell I'll give it to next doors brat as I'm getting sick of all this now. Beginning to wish I'd never came back in to RC stuff as its not worth the hassle anymore.

Rich

Fair dos on the font size, but don't visually impaired people usually have magnifier software? I know my parents do

Having the large font just makes it harder to read the whole ad for people that don't need it, and centrally justifying the text makes it even worse.

If you're prepared to give the kit away rather than take any constructive advice on how to maximise you chances of a recoup, then there's little point in anyone offering up suggestions.

Having spent years buying n selling RC, splitting up a package is usually the best way to go - it might mean a bit more work but it might also mean a few more ££ in your pocket.

... & RTFM?

'cos pretty sure the "Make an Offer" function has an option

to be programmed with priceranges to auto-respond

for both automatic declinal & offer acceptance.

If you've left the "sod off" level set at $0.00 then, then... well, ain't the tool's fault. ;)

(well not fleaBay's tool anyway)

I'm getting sick of all this now.

Selling anything can be problematic, be it a washing machine, house or rc car so why are you so fed up because you got a few low ball unrealistic offers.

If you don't want to split it up and sell, what about listing it as a simple auction then it will realise its true value. Or just build it and have some fun!!!!

If you set the auto decline then you cant counter offer. Some people like to haggle up wards but if you set the auto decline to on then you cant do that as once you decline an offer that person cant make another offer. I've haggled people up from £70 to £130 before and down to the same levels.

The reason I'm not going to build it and have fun is there are certain things more important in life......like rent! I'd keep it but its box isn't big enough to sleep in! ;)

From my experience of selling on here (sold 6 models since june last year) people will only buy if you offer a significant discount on what you can buy a new kit for. A had a king hauler for sale at £180 (So at least £70 cheaper than buying new), ok I'd built it and run it to test, but it was like new and no one was interested at that price. I had a couple of enquiries from overseas but the shipping costs were off putting for them. Also some of the cars were advertised on here for several months before they were snapped up. The bottom line is, if you want to sell quickly you've got to 'price to sell'. Knocking a few quid off just ins't going to interest people. If it's new I suggest pricing it around 65-75% of what you paid for it, then it's enough of a bargain to get people interested, and (as other people have suggested) split it up to sell the hop ups seperately.

It's also bad timing as the rere avante was out recently, and the FAV is going to be rere'd later this year as well.

Sick of what hassle ?.Selling it ?.

Yeah give it to the brat next door so everytime you walk out the door your reminded of it ,and the brat next door has learnt a good lesson ,everything in life must be free I got this cool car from the guy next door I have been driving crazy for the last x amount of years .

At the end of the day its a lunchbox ,not excatly a hard to get kit or highly sought after at the moment,every second ebay seller sells them ,perhaps if you put it in your loft for the next 30 years you might get what you want for it .

Take it down to your local pub and throw it in the weekly chook /meat raffle ,better than giving it to some brat that does not appreciate anything ..might score you free beers for the night from the local landlord ;)

If you are finding money tight ,you mentioned rent ,isn't this just a stop gap measure won't you find yourself in the same situation next week or the week after what will you sell then body parts ?.

Well next month I wont have a bill for £507 tax to pay and no they wouldn't allow monthly payments given its over 7 years old.

Basically if I cant sell it I wont see the kid next door again as I'll have to find cheaper digs so that ain't gonna worry me one bit! Plus one of the reasons I'm sick is some of the people in the RC world who try and rip you off are as about as appealing as a 8 hour jls gig! So I'm sure the brat would fit right in if he took up the hobby. Fair enough I've dealt with one of two decenRichople on here (mind you the mods are way to power crazed) but sadly there is a cut you and leave you for dead string and its getting bigger in the RC world.

So....far from it being the place it once was I think its time.

Rich

That's a shame. I think RC is more about building and playing than buying and selling - good luck though. Hope it works out.

I'll save my cash for the new HB in red instead.

It's been awhile since I've sold anything on Ebay at a higher Buy It Now price, but I found I had to relist it before it sold. It was a 2 week old Tmaxx with a slew of hopups. I've found stuff sells better starting off at .01 and letting it bid up. Better than even say it's a $100 item and starting bid at $50, starting at .01 has always gotten people to bid sooner and more bids for me.

If you relist, start it at .01 and set a reserve of minimum you'd take, say 130ish. If it doesn't sell at least you'll get the excitement of watching people bid.

:lol: