Brooklyn Nights

Have prices gone through the floor?

I can see how it's frustrating to go through the hassle of listing an item and then not sell it, but I'm afraid I wouldn't buy yours either... too pricey with additional hop-ups I wouldn't want - or couldn't justify up front.

That's the beauty of Tamiya's marketing strategy - the re-release NIB Lunchbox was on sale at around £59 with free delivery not so long ago, I expect lots of people snapped one up at this price and saturated the market. Obviously once you add on bearings, oil shocks, paint, motor, etc, to the price it starts getting expensive, but the kit is only £59! Yeah! Give me one now! :lol:

Did you really decline an offer of £134? Sounds reasonable to me, that's a lot of money up front for a Lunchbox, regardless of your original investment.

Personally I would have split the items, no-one is going to buy the package with a view to re-selling the hop-ups - far too much trouble.

Good luck anyway,

Tim.

Did you really decline an offer of £134?

No I didnt. it was a counter offer sent by me but he decined the £134 counter offer. As i said on here I'd take £125.

As for the kit costing £59 I have no idea where you saw that but modelsport etc sell it for £89 as do all the sellers on ebay!

Rich

As for the kit costing £59 I have no idea where you saw that but modelsport etc sell it for £89 as do all the sellers on ebay!

Search of ebay shows some sellers with them listed for US$89 which is ~£60 (not including the postage).

No I didnt. it was a counter offer sent by me but he decined the £134 counter offer. As i said on here I'd take £125.

Rich

Aha, of course - sorry, my misunderstanding.

I wasn't really referring to the current price for the Lunchbox, but I'm pretty sure it was TimeTunnel who had it on sale for £59 without ESC - I bought one! Can't find the e-mail receipt here though, so it must have been a few years ago.

My point is that the Lunchbox is a pretty basic kit, and was heavily discounted at most retailers some time ago - a cheap Lunchbox is always going to sell well, it's just not "worth" £125+ in terms of it's plastic components if you don't want all the hop-ups too.

Yours is a good deal, but I think the root cause of the problem is that you've really narrowed down your market by bundling everything together. You're appealing to the experienced RC buyer who knows that most of these extras are required to get the best out of the model, so they can see the saving in your bundle. An everyday Joe who might be tempted by a cheap Lunchbox kit is put off, or punts in with a silly offer.

I'm pretty sure you could have easily sold the basic kit at £80 BIN with free postage, maybe throw in £6 worth of bearings to sweeten the deal.

Maybe too you'd have better luck building it to box art and selling it RTR. That is quite a bit for a Lunchbox, even with hopups, and may be well worth it, but still, it's a Lunchbox.

Rich

It's not that long ago that Time Tunnel were selling it for £50 + free postage.

If I were you I would just list it again on a bona fide auction. You'll probably find you get close to what your looking for; it's just that people enjoy the thrill of the auction but ultimately are prepared to pay top whack in any case.

Yours is a good deal, but I think the root cause of the problem is that you've really narrowed down your market by bundling everything together. You're appealing to the experienced RC buyer who knows that most of these extras are required to get the best out of the model, so they can see the saving in your bundle. An everyday Joe who might be tempted by a cheap Lunchbox kit is put off, or punts in with a silly offer.

Thats my point. for a moment lets forget it was on ebay as it was ALSO for sale on here for £125! But it seems that the experienced RC buyers either dont have the cash or like people on ebay (and I know that some who made VERY low offers on there are TC members which ***** me off.) just trying to score a complete bargain which is laughable to say the least! So its not just the every day joe.

Rich