Sign in to follow this  
dan12

Dt01 fan boy needs more fans!

Hi guys

I would really like to know who has a dt01 chassis around here,because they seem to be very rare.

I got my fighter buggy rx when i was 7 and used it for 3years, without replacing anything!

I then got faster stuff, but then on my 13 birthday i decided to get it running again.

I replayced everthing and managed to skweased in 7 cells and these things ROCK!!

I use it on skate parks and BMX tracks and it still does not breake!

Peaple say they understeer, but this can be solved with a little tinkering, like;adjustable pushrodes, heatshrink the wishbones and a beefy servo linkage.

Also play around with the ride height to adjust the camber and get a good compromise.

Really, these chassis are great for a basher, but no good for raceing, i agree.

If you want a gravel car park basher then get a fighter buggy, if you want a field basher,t hen get a mad bull!

I would love to hear some good

reviews about this chassis and some pics if pos.

I will add some pics of mine soon.

Cheers

dan :lol:

Hi Dan

I totally agree with the fighter buggy, my little brother has one and hes had for about 2 years now and its perfect for him as hes only 9 but its so strong :)

Even im thinking of getting one now.

Cheers, James

My camo Mad Bull is a blast to drive. CVA's, sport tuned and bearings the only mods I did. It's dirt cheap so I do not expect it to steer where I want it to. It is an absolute blast to run on a beach. No parts on mine has been broken and all I will upgrade in the future are the steering arms and maybe some different type wheels.

Count me in as a fan. I got my Rising Fighter off my wife for Christmas and I love it. It doesn't get used as much as I'd like though due to work and 'real' life - it always brings a smile to my face when I take it out though. It brings my R/C collection up to two (joining my Lunchie)

Anyway, some pics:

IMGP2266.jpg

IMGP2265.jpg

IMGP2264.jpg

As a Buggy I'm surprised it doesn't have more fans - it's cheap (cheaper than the very similiar Grasshoper/Hornet) easy to put together for the beginner, fun, characterful to drive and reasonably tough.

Yes, I regularly shout my praise for the Rising Fighter. My daughter lovers hers; there are some pictures here.

It is a real bargain, and to be honest it makes the Grasshopper and Hornet (which are essentially older versions of the Rising Fighter) look rather over-priced. And that comes from a die-hard Grasshopper fan.

I wrote a short review here a while ago. My mate has just bought one after a couple of drives of my daughter's...

Just back from the maiden voyage of my eBay Fighter Buggy RX (£26 inc. Acoms TX, only had to clean it, oil it and fit an ESC) which is intended as a bashing car for my seven-year old nephew. Cracking fun! Bald tyres (probably spent all it's life on tarmac) so swops ends as soon as you look at the brakes, chronic understeer, unbelievable play in the front steering with flexible steering rods and everybody who tried it out (my local Scalextric club - not on the Scalextric track obviously) commented upon how much more fun the thing was compared to more expensive, more po-faced buggies. Ran two battery packs through it "just to check it was working OK".

Plan is to get four of those cheap Seben Racing monster truck tyres and wheels and occasionally run it as an ersatz Mad Bull.

I've got a Rising Fighter as well which is similar fun and, to my eyes, has the advantage of looking more like a real world Baja/Pikes Peak buggy. Unfortunately that one fell in a puddle at my local BMX track and fried it's Tamiya ESC, an waterproof (and cheaper) Mtroniks one arrived today so the Blue Beetle will return to bashing shortly. Every criticism of this that I read online before getting it (which was usually accompanied with advice to buy something race-ready, expensive and more powerful) actually made me want it even more as it is exactly the sort of Tamiya car I wanted back in the 1980s but never acquired. Looks a lot better in the flesh than it does in the official Tamiya photographs as well. I've decorated mine with repro Sand Scorcher and Rough Rider decals for that late 70s/early 80s "scale" look.

Having played with the second-hand, must be ten years old RX I'm now tempted by the new Super Fighter GR.

Coop

are you sure that the Rising Fighter is a DT01? I always thought it was more like a hornet - the chassis is definately not the same as the Fighter Buggy and Mad Bull from the pics I have seen. I dont have a Rising Fighter so could be wrong.

My boys have the fighter buggies - they are all but indestructable apart from the body - great fun for them

edit (after TA Mark comment below) - I also have a mad bull and Rookie Rabbit and a spare set of full radio gear and cover for the rookie rabbit (will convert a Fighter Buggy one day when I can get some decals made - I have a scan from a fellow TC member)

The Rising Fighter is not a DT01 chassis but is a hybrid with the DT01 gearbox hanging off the end of something else and articulated to the chassis in a slightly different way. Perhaps we should call it an "honorary" DT01? :o

Coop

The Rising Fighter is more like a modern Grasshopper. You could almost call it the GH III chassis. Great beginner buggy with some scale potential (I'll get one oneday).

The Super Fighter GR is a DT02 with independent double wishbone suspension on all 4 corners.

Rookie Rabbit is one DT01 that's missing from the list. Essentially the same as a Fighter Buggy RX, but RTR with different decals and a chassis cover. I put a MambaMax 4600Kv brushless and Li-Po 7.4v in mine. Added a custom sway bar to the rear. Tamiya DF03 alloy dampers (assembled to the right length for a DT01) with the kit springs fitted. Custom double wishbone front lower arms with DT02 upper turnbuckle links and steering turnbuckles, modified Blitzer C-Hubs. Cut the steering boss from the chassis and made an alloy one and moved the boss rearward in the chassis to improve the bumpsteer. Fitted some Super Astute wheels and tyres. And the must have steel 32dp 17 tooth pinion.

It really does need a wheelie bar on the back as it will flip if it gets traction. Great fun for what it is. Does about 70km/h on the tarmac, but a bit harder to control the speed on the rough stuff. Hard to steer when the front wheels are barely touching the ground.

Great to hear of some dt01 lovers! Me and my mates take our nitro cars out, but a week ago i decided to bring my fighter buggy and now my mate just baught one off ebay, that says something!!

TA-mark=i am so jealous of your 4600kv bl combo, i cant amagine the power(well sorta as i drive nitros), maby i should get a lipo pack, maby 3s on silvercan would be fun...

The main problem is the solide rear axle at the back, it jumps around abit, to solve that i fitted some oil shocks, and then emptied half the cylinder of oil, now its just perfect.

The front is very light, so i have stayed with fricyion shocks that i have modified and they work really well. Anyone got any suggestions of wheels?

My Mad Fighter. It doesn't get used much these days, but it got a fair thrashing back in the days before I was internet savvy and spare parts for my other cars were nigh on impossible to obtain.

49861015731_876535b223_o.jpg