Sign in to follow this  
StuartUK

How to fit a Tamiya Sport Tuned Motor?

Morning all :lol:

I got a TA-05MS chassis, which has a TEU-101BK speed controller and a Ansmann 28 turn motor. I got it this way, so not built by me.. I'm a novice so wanting to learn the ways as they say!! :lol: :lol:

I just bought a Tamiya Sport Tuned Motor which i want to fit in it (supposedly a little faster ?), but dont have any instructions for the chassis, and cant find any youtube videos on how to remove old motor and fit new one!!!

Could it be a quick job and easy to pick up on, or do i have to remove drive belts and all the fittings and so on ?! (i know, i sound daft!)

My plan once the new motor is fitted, is to put the Ansmann 28 turn motor into my DF-01 chassis which has the same speed controller :)

Advice most grateful!

Morning all :lol:

I got a TA-05MS chassis, which has a TEU-101BK speed controller and a Ansmann 28 turn motor. I got it this way, so not built by me.. I'm a novice so wanting to learn the ways as they say!! :lol: :lol:

I just bought a Tamiya Sport Tuned Motor which i want to fit in it (supposedly a little faster ?), but dont have any instructions for the chassis, and cant find any youtube videos on how to remove old motor and fit new one!!!

Could it be a quick job and easy to pick up on, or do i have to remove drive belts and all the fittings and so on ?! (i know, i sound daft!)

My plan once the new motor is fitted, is to put the Ansmann 28 turn motor into my DF-01 chassis which has the same speed controller :)

Advice most grateful!

It is as simple as unscrewing the old motor and pinion and fitting the new one. If the wiring on the ESC is original then the plugs should be a direct fit.

Here is a manual - http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rcmanual/ta05ms.pdf

second easiest thing you can do after changing a wheel.