Sign in to follow this  
theshopkeeper

More re-issues / variants: Tamiya 58498 Super Blackfoot III / 58497 Avante Truck

Actually that's a very good point. The Monster Beetle is one of those universally popular cars like the Lunch Box and the WW isn't it? EVERYONE loves them (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a big fan either :D), so you'd think it'd be fairly high up on the re-re list.

Got to say I'd be interested in a re-re MB with a KBF gearbox. And thats saying a lot when I have only 1 2wd car in my colelction. All the others are either 4wd or tracked. Perhaps kit 500 is going to be a rere MB to partner the super blackfoot III

Avante....TRUCK???? :D

the mind boggles...

perhaps its one of those lost in translation things? poss Avante TRACK? like an all in a box "track ready" set..Adspec 2.4ghz,life batt and charger and sensored TBLE01S motor and esc combo.

surely that would be expensive!! ;)

who knows!?

i mean it....WHO KNOWS!!!!

cruel little snippets of info to keep the mind fire burning! :)

That one I do know - it's a reissue of the old F150 on the TA02 chassis. Where the Baja bit comes in isn't yet clear.

I don't care about the Baja bit. At long last I can get the Ford to put beside my Chevy S10!! :D

I using a KBF gearbox with original Brat chassis with odds and ends from the KBF to make up a runner chassis that will sport a Beetle shell as my bitsa Monster Beetle. I have heard to many negative things about the Brat/Monster Beetle/Blackfoot gearbox to even think about using the one I have as alternative or let's say more original piece that the Monster Beetle had. Rather something a little different than an unreliable runner that will disappoint.

I'm also wondering why we missed a Super Blackfoot II. If it's another ORV chassis truck with KBF gearbox and the stepside Blackfoot/XLT Ranger shell I will have to get at least 2. I will be stoked if that is what they are planning. Also hope they redesigned the front steering to get rid of all the slop.

Please as a tip if someone from Tamiya is reading this. Super Blackfoot III must be on a ORV with stepside shell in hard plastic. Please do not put the stepside on the Dagger/Detonator chassis and call that Super, because I will not see it as that.

Any ORV-based monster would be a welcome sight. I tried to like the Dagger/xtreme architecture, but I just don't.

if the f150 is a ta02...didnt Tamiya usa only recently (mind you prob b4 xmas) list the f150 trophy truck as discontinued? the pre runner and Chevy s10 havnt been avail for a long time.

perhaps the decals will differ to match the baja extra? :angry:

Actually that's a very good point. The Monster Beetle is one of those universally popular cars like the Lunch Box and the WW isn't it? EVERYONE loves them (and I'm not just saying that because I'm a big fan either :angry:), so you'd think it'd be fairly high up on the re-re list.

I believe that one thing that's a big part of the lunchbox success Is the price. It's an icon and a pretty cheap model.

Any ORV-based monster would be a welcome sight. I tried to like the Dagger/xtreme architecture, but I just don't.

You're not the only one. It works for the twin motor set ups, but just doesn't look right with those short shockers under a styrene shell.

Ditto. I tried really really hard to like the Dagger chassis. I kept shelving it then hauling it back down to put radio gear in it thinking "I'm missing something, this thing has got to be fun somehow". But no. I wound up buying a bunch of Blackfoot parts chassis to keep my 'Foot based runners on the road for a long time.

I would like a smaller TXT1 or bigger TLT, in a more scale version with an ABS body...

On the other hand what I really think will be, is something like the Traxxas did with Monster Jam series or the HPI with Wheely King Monster Truck...

Something not so innovative and cheap...

I would like a smaller TXT1 or bigger TLT, in a more scale version with an ABS body...

BAM, done! CR01 Wrangler.

Cheap, no, but rarely do I think Tamiya and cheap together.

BAM, done! CR01 Wrangler.

Not exactly what I have I mind... :blink:

More likely something like a Wheely King...

Scoop!

The "Avante Truck" will be Tamiya's long-awaited race Short Course truck. Tamiya took their time, investigated the essence of the SC market, and decided that NOW is the best time to strike!

In keeping with true SC truck values, the Avante Truck will be based on the super-strong Avante re-re mechanicals, only made longer and wider, with much bigger and heavier wheels and tyres. It will be released to coincide with the inaugural all-Japan SC championship. First person to get their truck to last the full 5 minute race will be deemed the champion.

Of course, it could just be the voices in my head.... again.....

Alex

if the f150 is a ta02...didnt Tamiya usa only recently (mind you prob b4 xmas) list the f150 trophy truck as discontinued? the pre runner and Chevy s10 havnt been avail for a long time.

perhaps the decals will differ to match the baja extra? :unsure:

this is a funny rerelease, was on the market untill a few months ago, would have been nicer to see the toyota body again.

Tamiya F150 baja

...or even the Chevrolet (which Tamiya wont have the licence for).

Not sure what Tamiya are trying to achieve with re-releasing this, I doubt this is why, but an outdated TA02 isn't going to be competitive with a slash or sc10 4x4 (although it would be pretty funny to watch).

In saying that, I would like one, they are pretty cool looking.

...or even the Chevrolet (which Tamiya wont have the licence for).

Why not?, they got them for the Corvette CR-5 and the S-10 since the Clod

Why not?, they got them for the Corvette CR-5 and the S-10 since the Clod

Then why take the logo's off the clod? Are you insinuating that Chevrolet said Tamiya were allowed to badge a corvette and an S-10 but not a C-10? :unsure:

this is a funny rerelease, was on the market untill a few months ago, would have been nicer to see the toyota body again.

Tamiya F150 baja

Why funny ?

If Tamiya price it correctly it will feature on many young boys Xmas lists - and with the cost of the Slash and other SC trucks, especially in the UK, the combination of the looks, Tamiya brand and a decent price is sure to win many sales.

I don't ever remember seeing this in any listings of kits/RTR on UK sellers websites in the last 9 months - perhaps it was discontinued here before then. If it had been available then i would have bought this for my son for Xmas, not the Rising Storm.

For those more familiar with the chassis design and Tamiya's less costly kits, then yes its a bit outdated in the performance stakes - it'll never be a 50mph SC truck, but not everyone wants that.

Was this F150 actually ever classed as a short course truck the first time around?

Then why take the logo's off the clod? Are you insinuating that Chevrolet said Tamiya were allowed to badge a corvette and an S-10 but not a C-10? :huh:

I'm not insinuating anything - the facts are on TC - The Clod was de-Chevy'd at some point, for some reason, and nobody KNOWS why.

After that, Tamiya then released two further Chevrolet models.

It could even be as simple as the Clod wasn't selling in the numbers needed to justify the licensing, or that the Clod would sell well without the Chevy association, yet they thought the CR-5 or S-10 were worth releasing - again, speculation, nobody KNOWS for sure.

Was this F150 actually ever classed as a short course truck the first time around?

No idea, I always thought they were desert racers (hence the spare tyre on the Ford)

According to Wikipedia (and therefore true) CORR was the successor to SODA (Short-course Off-road Drivers Association) which started off in the 70s so short course was around

Can't find any pics of SODA trucks though :(

No idea, I always thought they were desert racers (hence the spare tyre on the Ford)

According to Wikipedia (and therefore true) CORR was the successor to SODA (Short-course Off-road Drivers Association) which started off in the 70s so short course was around

Can't find any pics of SODA trucks though :(

Does the SODA date back before 1995? It wouldn't be the greatest surprise if this was another niche that Tamiya actually created then allowed it to be quickly dominated by other manufacturers. :huh:

I don't ever remember seeing this in any listings of kits/RTR on UK sellers websites in the last 9 months - perhaps it was discontinued here before then. If it had been available then i would have bought this for my son for Xmas, not the Rising Storm.

The original version hasn't featured on a UK Tamiya trade price list since the range was imported by Riko, so that's at least 10 years.

I got Hobby Co to import a box specifically for Time Tunnel about 4 or 5 years ago, and I think they would import complete boxes on request for other dealers, but the reason given for not stocking it as a main line was problems with availability on some parts.

Interestingly on this reissue we got the same warning - some parts may be difficult or slow to source and hence it is recommended for sale only to enthusiasts rather than as a kid's basher.

I'm not insinuating anything - the facts are on TC - The Clod was de-Chevy'd at some point, for some reason, and nobody KNOWS why.

After that, Tamiya then released two further Chevrolet models.

It could even be as simple as the Clod wasn't selling in the numbers needed to justify the licensing, or that the Clod would sell well without the Chevy association, yet they thought the CR-5 or S-10 were worth releasing - again, speculation, nobody KNOWS for sure.

Can't find any pics of SODA trucks though :huh:

The people that need to know, know...

Licensing products for any manufacturer is a ever evolving thing. There is never one reason when it comes to licensing, we continue to have great relationships with all our licensing partners. Licensing products is a symbiotic relationship.