Sign in to follow this  
theshopkeeper

More re-issues / variants: Tamiya 58498 Super Blackfoot III / 58497 Avante Truck

That photo looks an awful lot like our first glimpse of the Holiday Buggy last year - no decals, sort of a cobbled-together look, and a used-looking model. I'd guess we're looking at a prototype, like we were then. They'll probably sort out the body post holes issue, and come up with some really ugly red and yellow decal sheet for it, but I'd imagine the broad strokes are as they will be.

No more ORV chassis. That's a real disappointment. The Dagger chassis is OK performance-wise, but that wheelbase disparity is just not going to fly.

It does have me thinking about a replacement front bulkhead or chassis rails to correct it, however. I had thought about doing this to a BF Extreme, but I hate that new-style body and its one big nostril on the hood, so I didn't bother. But for the old stepside body, maybe it would be worth it. Several people have narrowed the HB to show them how it "should" be; I'd guess it wouldn't take too much to shorten this thing and turn it into a proper modern Blackfoot.

Does anyone make the FORD lettering to turn a SuperBlackFoot body into an original BlackFoot body?

Cheers,

ARG

There is a better picture of the new Super Blackfoot III on tamiyablog.com

The Tamiyablog bodyshell is the same one as RCHobbies' one - with the redundant body post hole in the middle of the bonnet - Either RCHobbies scored a scoop or Tamiyablog's getting lazy ;)

what I can tell from the picture, is that we are looking at a a Blackfoot Extreme chassis.

BUT this body post hole in the front middle, makes me wonder if this is an original pic of if someone just placed a body on a chassis to have something to show...

Also stickers are missing!

Picture in link looks like a lash-up. The body shell is old, roof and bonnet paint looks uneven, and the body mounts from the Blackfoot xTreme have been drilled on but the original mount hole from the old body left.

I would say this isn't a Tamiya shot but someone just putting an image up.

bfIII.jpg

"the gearbox comes pre-assembled"

Do What?

Tamiya item 8085153 (Wild Dagger assembled gearbox) or more probably item 8085027 (Wild Willy 2 one)...

Stamatis

Tamiya item 8085153 (Wild Dagger assembled gearbox) or more probably item 8085027 (Wild Willy 2 one)...

Stamatis

I was edited (sorry mods), so my flabergastation at ANYTHING pre-assembled on a Tamiya kit was kinda lost.

The gearbox is the best part of building. Why pre-build it? Even the Super Fighter GR entry-level kit doesn't have a pre-assembled gearbox.

If you look at the back end of this "new" BF, you can see that the wheelbase is totaly wrong for this shell...the rear axle is way behind the wheel arches.

Still, I'm happy if I can buy Ranger shells again.

Tower Hobbies have 58497 listed at US559.99 (list price US812), with Avante 2011 at US459.99 (list price US745). Tamiya Vajra must be something spectacular for that sort of price. No pics yet

So ~£400 delivered to your door in the UK for this one, and that's assuming you beat the import rap....very intriguing! I wonder what segment of the RC market they are aiming this at though....or are they looking to create an entirely new one?

That's pretty spooky - I was talking to a chap about advertising slogans etc for the Avante, and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was on the radio at the time, and part of the lyrics is 'Thunderbolt and Lightning' so the ad ended up with Thunderbolt and Lightning in Japanese :rolleyes:

According to Tamiyablog (and therefore true) Vajra translates to thunderbolt and diamond

Sounds like an 'adult' Thundercat to me though :unsure:

That's pretty spooky - I was talking to a chap about advertising slogans etc for the Avante, and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was on the radio at the time, and part of the lyrics is 'Thunderbolt and Lightning' so the ad ended up with Thunderbolt and Lightning in Japanese :rolleyes:

According to Tamiyablog (and therefore true) Vajra translates to thunderbolt and diamond

Sounds like an 'adult' Thundercat to me though :unsure:

LOL ... hence the high price ... wonder if it comes in BLUE only ...

Gonna roll the dice here and predict that it will be a modified Avante chassis (wider track?) with a Super Levant body.

Must be made of gold & silver .

Not to sure if i will buy one at that price :rolleyes: Will have to see & as for the blackfoot Not to sure about that .

May not get ether :unsure::(

In the picture on page 3 of the blackfoot body it looks like there is no separate moon/sun roof piece, or is it just me?

Blackfoot III looks fab, maybe a bit wide.

Pre-watermark :rolleyes:

The 'retro' Ranger is definitely the best looker

BF3.jpg

Great body & has the monster beetle tires , But that's about it for me . I will get one , as i have the rest of the blackfoot set . ( oh no i need the king BF )

Pre-watermark :rolleyes:

The 'retro' Ranger is definitely the best looker

BF3.jpg

Have to say I'm not feeling too much love for this. Looks like they also brought back the nasty tinted glass so can't even use that to complete an XLT shell. Bah.

If this is the Blackfoot III and the original was 1, which one (out of the other three) is number two? :blink:

Is it the BlackFoot Extreme ('cos Blackfoot comes first) or the Super Blackfoot because it had a similar shell and a driver figure?

Blackfoot (1)

Super BF ?

King BF ?

BFX ?

BF III (3)

:lol:

I like it, ...The front grill looks to have retained the original headlight area, the centre grill appears modified only (a horizontal patterned grill rather than an original Blackfoot box pattern). Cannot wait for JR-RC to start selling those sweet XLT bodies :blink: The wheels look pretty cool, better than the original yellow type. Be good if they fit on the original also..