Sign in to follow this  
MickRosco

Stadium Blitzer opinions.

Hello,

Just wondering what everyone thinks to the Stadium Blitzer. I have been looking at it for a couple of days and I think it looks good but am noticing that parts are quite scarce and upgraded parts are also few and far between. Just wanted to know if anyone has/had one and what they think to the performance and suck of this model.

Thanks

-MickRosco

More fun than a bagful of badgers and tougher too!

Upgrade to a steel pinion and at least a Sport Tuned motor and let 'er rip. With a brushless system these are just insane fun, but even with a decent brushed motor they are incredibly fun to drive.

Spares haven't been a problem for me since nothing ever breaks. I have lost a few wheel nuts, an occasional step screw and a few body clips.

More fun than a bagful of badgers and tougher too!

Upgrade to a steel pinion and at least a Sport Tuned motor and let 'er rip. With a brushless system these are just insane fun, but even with a decent brushed motor they are incredibly fun to drive.

Spares haven't been a problem for me since nothing ever breaks. I have lost a few wheel nuts, an occasional step screw and a few body clips.

Sounds brilliant. Really tempting to go and get one. Ye body clips and wheels nuts are fine I got loads. I have been looking at youtube video's and it seems so planted over rough ground. Are the stock springs any good or would they need uprating as well?

Cheers

-MickRosco

Kit comes with CVA's as stock. They do the job just fine in my opinion. Maybe just replace the kit standard oil with thicker oil and use the 1 hole piston for the rears as the rear bottoms out if you leave it standard. Also preload the coils with the supplied spacers. I beefed up my front steering links with aluminium tube and made the one side a little longer as the amount of thread left in the link was not enough to my liking.

It shares the chassis with the Blitzer Beetle and the Stadium Thunder (which is still available new) so parts availability isn't too bad.

Ditch the kit tyres though - the rears wear out when exposed to daylight... :)

The only part I've broken on mine is where the front section attaches to the tub - normally it's attached with two screws at the top and two at the bottom. I just drilled straight through and put two long bolts right the way through...

Great fun on the beach too...

The springs are ok. It might be good to experiment with some different springs just to see if you can tune it better, but it certainly doesn't NEED it like some other kits. As Henk said, you can tune it pretty well with just what comes in the kit.

The rear tires do pretty well on sand, but as Gruntfuggly indicated they perish quickly. I changed them to Dirt Paws & Dirt Hawgs and they last forever.

Thanks for the opinions. It sounds like a really good little machine think I might have to get one. I have noticed the tyre's look like they have very fine treads. Very helpful as always.

Thanks

-MickRosco

I don't really need to add anything more than what's been said here already, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to :)

Essentially, you can't go wrong with a Stadium Blitzer. They go great out of the box, there's a few little tweaks you can do to get the best out of them should you want to, they're bullet proof and the most fun you can have in RC whilst keeping your clothes on (I should point out this is merely conjecture. I've never combined RC with nakedness)

I don't really need to add anything more than what's been said here already, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to :)

Essentially, you can't go wrong with a Stadium Blitzer. They go great out of the box, there's a few little tweaks you can do to get the best out of them should you want to, they're bullet proof and the most fun you can have in RC whilst keeping your clothes on (I should point out this is merely conjecture. I've never combined RC with nakedness)

Haha ye I should hope not. Ye I am really considering this as my next car looks sick.

Bought my Blitzer Beetle used - hard shell smashed to pieces, but the chassis was near mint (maybe shell just came a cropper in long term storage ?). Either way i replaced no parts bar perished rear tyres. Added a ESC and 17x2 motor and its plenty quick enough for general bashing. Only thing i added were preload spacers to the front shocks, without them the front end is a bit droopy even at standstill; fine now :)

Ye I wasn't going to make it ridiculous with brushless and all that. If I'm honest I can't see the appeal of brushless. Nice 16t brushed motor or something and a few minor tweaks for extra strength if needed.

the appeal of brushless is the longer run times and adjustability of the esc's, plus the longer run times :blink:

And no loss of performance as the motor ages.

Brushes and coms wear on brushed motors, and performance starts to drop off from the first time you use it.