Sign in to follow this  
brayling

What servo?

Hi could anyone advise me on a decent moderately priced servo?

I normally use hi-tec.

I am looking for something for a scorcher, I recently bought a cheap acoms as12 and also use a as7 but they seem a little slow, Would anyone advise a metal gear servo? if so what make don't want to spend more than £10 really.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi could anyone advise me on a decent moderately priced servo?

I normally use hi-tec.

I am looking for something for a scorcher, I recently bought a cheap acoms as12 and also use a as7 but they seem a little slow, Would anyone advise a metal gear servo? if so what make don't want to spend more than £10 really.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

If you like Hitec, then you could try a Hitec 625MG servo.. Not sure what they cost in the UK though..

If you want cheap and nasty metal gear servos, then search for TowerPro servos on eBay.. You could probably get one for 10 pound shipped from Hong Kong..

Cheers

Hitec isn't a great choice with Tamiya because Tamiya do not supply servo horns to fit them. Sometimes you can work around it but it means running non-original parts which can case other problems.

My personal preference is for Futaba servos. This is what Tamiya themselves supply and design the cars around. Even a Futaba S3003 is a much better performer than an Acoms servo, despite the specs on the box being about the same. If you want metal gears, you can get a mid-range Futaba like an S3305. If you want speed as well you need to go up to a S9xxx or BLS series but they do work out quite expensive.

http://www.logicrc.com/?ItemId=P-AAS750MG&s=c:0,b:Alturn

http://www.logicrc.com/?ItemId=P-AAS752MG&s=c:0,b:Alturn

1st link is for a 12kg torgue servo, 2nd link is for a 9kg torque servo(this is faster than the 12kg). both cost 18.99 available in the UK and come with a 25 tooth output (same as Futaba).

I have the 12kg in an SCX10 project running at 6 volts and I am more than happy with the performance at the price.

Brilliant thanks peeps, will look into futuba I think for my price range, need lots of bit for my scorchers so have to keep costs down

Cheers again

Brilliant thanks peeps, will look into futuba I think for my price range, need lots of bit for my scorchers so have to keep costs down

Cheers again

Yo

Check out the MG995 Servos, on fleabay. They are good, metal geared, strong and fairly fast.

I have a couple in my cars, cant remember which off the top of my head tho! Doh.