Sign in to follow this  
Tamiyamandan

What Do you Think????

I have Gone Tamiya Mad...I went from 3 smashed up cars(That I restored) to 13 cars/trucks in 3 months...I also have a Mudblaster, Midnight pumpkin NIB, Hummer NIB, on the way....I bought a Blackfoot yesterday off of a friend at work for $50..Soon to be restored. I look for parts to finish my projects every day, I can't stop!!!!! a windshield here, a headlight lense there..You get the picture...I wish I had people in my area like you guys in the UK...many of you have been a great help and answered my questions (No matter how stupid) I really enjoy looking at the new listed area to see the great finds people get...Anyway here goes...What do you think about keeping a model completely stock?? I have seen some very nice alterations while brousing the club...I especially like the Blitzer Beetle painted like the sand scorcher with the fat proline tires....It looks so much better than the stock black with the splash on the front version on the box....My dilema is I feel compelled to keep a car exact....But when I see some of the great Ideas Many of the club members have I am torn...So what would most of you do if you got a new in the box Blitzer Beetle....Make an awsome Sand scorcher replica or paint it black and put on the decals....Just wondering???

And thanks to everyone for all your help...Tamiyamandan

quote: Do it in red/yellow, as we've already got a blue/white.
id="quote">id="quote">

There already exist also red/yellow BBs in the TC showrooms, also look great. Maybe you can come up with your own scheme, something new and nice?

White ('Herby' scheme) -You'll call it 'Herby on Steroids'id="red">[:D][:D][:D]

Black/White

Burgundy Metallic/Purple Metallic

Burgundy Metallic/Tangerine Metallic

Lime Metallic

Dark Blue Metallic/Light Blue Metallic

Chrome![?]

Also, use RPM's 3-spoke chrome wheels[:P]

P.S. Nothing wrong with your sickness, mate[;)]

Buy a clodbuster and take a look at the posts at http://www.rcmt.net/ before you build it, you'll get over your box-stock obsession really quick. . .

-Anthony

quote:Originally posted by Tamiyamandan

I have Gone Tamiya Mad...I went from 3 smashed up cars(That I restored) to 13 cars/trucks in 3 months...I also have a Mudblaster, Midnight pumpkin NIB, Hummer NIB, on the way....I bought a Blackfoot yesterday off of a friend at work for $50..Soon to be restored. I look for parts to finish my projects every day, I can't stop!!!!! a windshield here, a headlight lense there..You get the picture...I wish I had people in my area like you guys in the UK...many of you have been a great help and answered my questions (No matter how stupid) I really enjoy looking at the new listed area to see the great finds people get...Anyway here goes...What do you think about keeping a model completely stock?? I have seen some very nice alterations while brousing the club...I especially like the Blitzer Beetle painted like the sand scorcher with the fat proline tires....It looks so much better than the stock black with the splash on the front version on the box....My dilema is I feel compelled to keep a car exact....But when I see some of the great Ideas Many of the club members have I am torn...So what would most of you do if you got a new in the box Blitzer Beetle....Make an awsome Sand scorcher replica or paint it black and put on the decals....Just wondering???

And thanks to everyone for all your help...Tamiyamandan

id="quote">id="quote">

Tamiyamadman, I hear you! I went from 0 cars to 11 in a month - most of them Sand Scorchers, well half of them anyway. I got back into Tamiyas this Xmas and I'm addicted now, never meant it go anywhere like it has. It's fun though!

I've got a NIB BB - I don't know what to do with it yet, but since these are still available at a fair price I wanna make a SS lookalike to race. I like the blue/white color scheme best by far, and I'm thinking about rebuilding the front suspension to make it look more like the original SS and fit similar to the original wheels on it too. this might prove harder to do than I thought though, like Miramar stated elsewhere. So for now, it just sits there...

Good luck on your BB - looking forward to see the results!

Blitzer Beetle is an easy one. They are still available at stores, so go crazy with it.

now what you mean, I started a month ago and wanted to make a little money......things went a little out of control and now I want to keep them:

grasshopper

lancia rally

ascona rally

2 SS

grasshopper2

maybe a 935 on the way.......

Martin

I think everybody kind of goes nuts when they first get back into it. It is easy to do as many of the cars we had as kids are now very affordable. Used cars are a bargain. It's the NIB and new built and mint examples that command the high prices. I know I went a little nuts. Now I kinda have almost every car I want. For me the focus will be to finish off my projects and make my existing cars better with new parts.

About a year ago I set out to get a monster beetle. After buying about 5-6 cars I realized that I really wouldn't be happy unless they were new built. I eventually sold off all of that stuff and now I have my new built Monster Beetle and Blackfoot.

as for your Biltzer Beetle, I say screw the ugly box art and paint it anyway you like. I looked on many 1:1 off road websites like this one http://sandlizrd.baja.com/ for inspiration to do this paint job on my scratch built buggy. I like how it came out as the colors are a vintage combination.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=6169&id=34