mr crispy

Holiday Buggy Appreciation Society

As far as I can remember, check the steering links. When I built the CVA front shocks according to the HB2010 manual, the right rod will hit the servo cover plate on full compressed suspension. On hard landings, this can cause the rod to bend.

Thanks for that heads up GregM, I'd completely missed that. 2 mins with a round file and it's sorted.

1F20DA29-45F2-449E-815C-11D8D883ABA8_zps

I guess you could also put a rubber O ring on the shock shaft to limit the travel.

Had a search through my 1/6 figure spares for dust goggles but the only pair I had didnt suit the helmet apature.

2F40FC5C-C5E7-4C7A-8AC3-C98FE73D2A4B_zps

I did find a rather groovy pair of shades that after a little fettling look like this...

E46A6C92-FA86-4555-8912-CC60B0A94E8C_zps

Perfect for a little California beach cruising. I just drilled two small holes to accept the glasses arms but I managed to crack the bridge while test fitting, once his face is painted I'll glue them in place and paint over the crack.

• Like 2

Ok here's the face painting progress...

7D6D3966-A52D-44A2-BA8A-78853EE8C521_zps

And with the shades

B66BB3D1-2B47-4D03-B449-13596B93FABF_zps

7DC336E8-F7A3-4CF3-863E-08805FE85251_zps

I didn't realise the lenses were that transparent, they give him a bit of magnification to the eyes and I can't help being reminded of Eddy the eagle Edwards :)

• Like 5

As I am looking to fit a DT02 ball diff I need to get some universals but I am having a bit of trouble finding them for the DT02. I have read that the DF02 universals are a direct fit, is this the case as Banzai have them so I may as well order with the ball diff.

Andy

DF03 UJ's are a perfect fit.

I use them on my DT02's, the 3Racing ones are good enough for the money. Never had a problem with them.

• Like 1

So DF03 not 02? Or are they the same? In the tuning article I read it suggested tamiya 53791 DF02 universal shafts. ( obviously I would sub with a 3racing equivalent.

Andy

#53791 DF-02 universals are indeed for the DT-02, too. They also came with the DT-02 MS. See this article for more information:

http://www.blackholesun.fr/RC_SandViper_US.php

I've got the Tamiya DF-02 steel universals on my DT-02 and they are a perfect fit. However, I haven't driven that car since then.

Watch out when buying drive shafts and wheel axles from other manufacturers - some of them use weaker materials like aluminium and thus have a tendency to get bent. Before buying such aftermarket parts, make sure you've read reviews about them.

Be aware that ball diffs need regular maintenance. The racers at the German Tamiya DT-02 Fighter Cup do not use ball diffs at all and just rely on gear diffs, even though ball diffs are permitted.

• Like 1

DF03 .............. as in Dark Impact, Keen Hawk and Avante Mk2.

Yes they fit the DT02.

I have them in my cars and they are a perfect fit.

The 3Racing ones are cheap as chips and I have never had any bother with them.

DT02 ball diff.

I haven't touched mine in about a year !!!!!!

Tungsten Carbide diff balls and Associated stealth diff lube.

Granted it is not the smoothest or nicest sounding diff in the world but once you have it set ..... Leave it alone !!!!!

So I need some wheel inspiration, I really am not sure about the yellow wheels but am also not convinced by the Carsons or 3racing and would like to try something a little different.

have we any pics of HB's with different wheel sets on? Grey would look good like the original but they dont seem to do a 2wd star dish in grey. So thought about black or white?

I have even thought about DF03 wheels for the rear like the MS car with something different up front...

You could try Blitzer wheels and tyres, they should be I direct swap. Might not clear the body though

Blitzer rear wheels are a direct swap. The fronts need the long stub axles, as also found on the Mad Bull.

Cheers for the replies guys, I am thinking blitzer wheels might be a little big?

I have spotted the grey ones on the nissan Titan, I think they may look cool with different slightly more rugged tyres and maybe ribbed tyres on the front?

Not sure where u can get just the wheels set from though?

Oops, thanks for that correction GregM. I always thought the Blitzer front tyres would look good stretched on to the DT02 rear wheels, give it a big rounded sand dune tyre look. May not have a lot of grip though.

It had it's own thread, but here's some pictures of mine.

94F6FCCE-A7BB-43BF-8140-45D3F5F638BA_zps

Still waiting for some paint.

31D33711-6010-4185-A2F9-1D5366703B14_zps

D4CA68B7-CFB0-40E0-BE45-12515062F6D5_zps

657F086D-F67C-4D8D-A609-A5F229B7C963_zps

• Like 1

E46A6C92-FA86-4555-8912-CC60B0A94E8C_zps

"Ask yourself Neo, how deep does the rabbit hole go?"

I love this Mr C - can't wait to see the project finished!

I've been looking at a Holiday Buggy shell myself actually, I reckon it would make an excellent 'Stumpy' - if I can work out how to glue/bond it together either so neatly it doesn't need paint, or a successful way of priming and painting it?

Jx

• Like 2

Jenny, I suspect if you start cutting the HB shell you'll soon be wondering "why didn't I take the blue pill?"

I've said it before but if a Tamiya produced a hard body ABS plastic version of the HB shell it would please those of us that like to modify or just want a difference colour that'll stick.

• Like 1

My Holiday Buggy has a new Lid :)

Working on some extras for it right now. Hopefully have her all finished for the next DT-02 Race Day :D

NeoBeetle_03.jpg

NeoBeetle_02.jpg

• Like 5

Are those wheels Carsons? Does anyone know where in the UK you can get them from at the moment as i'd love spares for my HB to keep the Tamiya ones tidy. Also it looks great with that beetle shell on it.

Hi mates,

I'm searching for new black wheels from the Holiday Buggy Red Edition.

They are also used on the Fighter Buggy GR Violet Edition.

Does someone of you sell a wheelset please?

Thanks

Max

It's probably mentioned in earlier pages but Fusion sell them in black or chrome.

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/product/900027-carson-2wd-all-terrain-tyre-set-black

Did the beetle make it to the DT02 event Kaylon?

Thanks, there were a few similar styles in the thread I like the ones on this car as they just look right.

Hi Max, I had a quick look on ebay for you and didn't spot the ones from the HB red kit. Some people on here dye them but you'd need to look into it/ask. Other option may be to buy a HB red kit and then sell what you don't want as the kits are available cheaply. I've been tempted by a cheap Violet Fighter myself as I have the SF GR that shipped with 2 body shells (white and silver) and it's a good fun model like everything else on the Dt-02 chassis.

I'm searching for these black wheels and they are very hard to find...

Max

I'm searching for these black wheels and they are very hard to find...

Max

used to always see them up on e-bay but like with all Tamiya stuff some things you always see after a while get scarce.