mr crispy

Holiday Buggy Appreciation Society

:) Here's my beauty!

grviolet_zps8fb7c2e8.jpg

Black dish wheels for the DT-02 are still available and cheap, I just ordered the grey ones off a sand viper as they look good on my bronze GR. I'm liking that violet Super fighter though I think they look a lot better out in the wild than in any press pictures or drawings.

If you know where I can find them please let me know.

Max

Black dish wheels for the DT-02 are still available and cheap, I just ordered the grey ones off a sand viper as they look good on my bronze GR. I'm liking that violet Super fighter though I think they look a lot better out in the wild than in any press pictures or drawings.

If you know where I can find them please let me know.

Max

Do you mean these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-54338-2WD-Off-Road-Dish-Front-Wheels-Black-60-19-DT02-TRF201-DN01-NIP-/291216907693?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item43cde15dad

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-54339-RC-2WD-Off-Road-Dish-Wheels-Rear-Black-60-29-DT02-/400614123770?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item5d467668fa

Plenty of genuine Tamiya buggy wheels on English ebay, you may have to ask the sellers to ship and sort that bit out. I got a set of these in grey to have on either the HB or Super Fighter GR and they look nice.

Nope, I think Kontemax is searching for black Star Dish wheels. They're only found on the Holiday Buggy 2010 Red Edition and the Super Fighter G Violet Racer edition.

• Like 1

Nope, I think Kontemax is searching for black Star Dish wheels. They're only found on the Holiday Buggy 2010 Red Edition and the Super Fighter G Violet Racer edition.

ah gotcha. Can't help then, my ebay powers aren't that strong. GL finding them.

I have a HB2010 Red Edition over 1,5 half years now and put in a lot of Hopups from Tamiya and 3Racing(The Blue Thingies).

Today i put in a 15T HPI Firebolt motor just to test it before i can fit it to my broken Blazing Star (parts on route).

**** the HB flies almost beyond control, so i will take it out and go back to the 27T Dirt tuned.

27T Dirt Tuned doesn't run that great at the moment i think i need to replace the coils, so now i'm running with a LRP 17T Ralley motor.

Put in the Hobbywing Quickrun 1060 ESC, drives really smooth and fast :)

Here are some pics of the complete car and innards.

FL2ZNQs.jpg

T9d7Qhh.jpg

S8XZbgZ.jpg

QB4nKFd.jpg

• Like 1

I piked up a partial build DT-02 of eBay for an excellent deal. And was then surprised to find it was ballraced inside, just had to add the external bearings.

I've added some rigidity to the chassis with some hop-ups I had already set aside for a DT-02 project and fitted some Absima Shocks. I've ordered up a Sand Viper Body and will get a few more alloy parts and then she will be ready to race.

I know have a stock DT-02 Holiday Buggy and a Modified one yay!

I love this chassis...

20150209_171224.png

• Like 1

Got a sexxy Sand Viper body done... I think next shell I'll be a bit braver with the liquid mask and do something cooler... I'm doing a decal set for this now.. This will be one of my main runners I think..

20150214_220456.jpg

• Like 2

So it's finally time to say I've come full circle with my HB2010. I've just put the finishing touches to it before it goes up for sale. I've had some really good times over the years with the little guy but recently I just don't get to run it as much as it should.

Today's work was a bit of a tidy up and finishing off the driver and his moving head mechanism. Way back I adapted a Wild Willy head and shoulders driver to replace the standard cowboy figure. I used a 2nd micro servo connected via a Y link to the main steering servo so he would turn his head with the steering. Headroom was always a little tight to I removed the bars connecting the roll at to the rear roof.

DFE8C70C-A65D-46F6-9FD2-125315CD20C5_zps

I masked off the drivers face that I'd previously painted and gave the whole helmet a fresh coat of white. Once dry I used some of Robs excellent decals to add some stripes and the flag details. Using two yellow stripes and leaving the white backing between them meant I kept them nicely parallel but did make the edges crinkle over the helmets compound curves.

A4994E8D-C2D7-478E-BAD9-CA1BE9CD0088_zps

30secs with the hairdryer sorted that out!

A9B4064B-9000-466D-8023-81092690D3E3_zps

Cleaned up the paint work on the body and filled in the straps and gloves, reassembled into the cockpit and he's ready to go back in the car!

4F0F6871-982A-4E2B-BB7F-37DA11EF4C04_zps

2504C84A-D714-4889-8CC6-DB433423C51C_zps

301E1842-7051-4AD4-A9AF-5652E442FE10_zps

I was in two minds about those "marigold" gloves but the tie into the cars paint scheme nicely 😉

And that's it finished! Upgraded the power, bearings, pinion, dampers, wheels n tyres, narrowed the front track, swapped the driver and got his head moving... not bad for 4 years worth of work 😃

AA803D19-F5CE-4369-A8C0-0B7E7FC66818_zps

3A6F1961-D891-4DA2-B69E-DF5A0CDD9FF6_zps

EA48F8AF-D163-4BFA-AC1A-9D9B31153FE3_zps

84A04D29-3893-4E80-8850-0CF21D2C00B7_zps

6DAF7DEA-1177-4135-9FD0-1B8060140350_zps

3CA04024-4B3F-4FE9-AC04-F4BE56554F31_zps

A51B50E8-AB42-4BFA-89CB-22A21F4965F3_zps

Nic

And finally I've got my decals on my DT-02 Challenge stock Holiday Buggy. Home printed...might not be 100% waterproof but I'm told they should be splash proof with the fixative I have :) I'm very happy with them.

IMG_0693.JPG

The DT-02 is possibly my Fav chassis ever! .. I have 4 now...

K

• Like 2

Though I would love to acquire a red holiday buggy ReRe, I have never owned one. I have driven the dt-02 though and I was surprised how well it actually drove. Completely stock configuration, aside from bearings. I figured that with a simple set of shocks and a cheap brushed 540 or EZ run system it would be a great all around vehicle that you could probably even race with if you felt so implied.

Still a massively underrated chassis and dirt cheap to get into. I've got Holiday buggy and a Super Fighter GR and with simple mods like bearings and oil filled shocks they are a good all rounder.

The holiday buggy is still my favorite style although I keep getting tempted to convert the GR into either another HB or a Lexan shelled model such as a Sand Viper.

The lighter Lexan shell makes quite a difference to acceleration, especially with basic motors. I put a Sand Viper shell on my Super Fighter GR, and was most impressed with the improvement. Looks good too if I may say so myself!

Buggy%20009_zpsjdgxkir7.jpg

Aaaaaah excuse me but more Holiday Buggys please and less not Holiday Buggys ! And xv isn't the only one..... mr crispy, shenlonco, kaylon you know who you are ! :D

Sorry - guess I'll have to go and buy a Holiday Buggy shell then... ;)

Sorry - guess I'll have to go and buy a Holiday Buggy shell then... ;)

Make one of your last two a Holiday Buggy and then you'll be down to just your last one ! The Blackfoot CR01 is a goer btw...

Sold my HB but just to annoy Thommo I've still got this 😏

58C78D25-D8AC-43D8-BA7E-0A32C5AAE62C_zps

As XV says the lightweight lexan body helps it shift even with a basic silvercan motor, and survives a lot of punishment. That Rough Rider body fits the DT02 chassis like it was made for it 😉

Has anyone found a lexan Holiday Buggy shell?

Holiday buggy shells? In lexan? Are you sure? I can't find one anywhere on their pages...

Kamtec make them. They are about £12

Got a link? I couldn't find a HB shell on their site or eBay page.