Sign in to follow this  
brayling

electric NOS

I have just bought a capacitor for my ESC and believe you need to fit it to the battery wires? Can anyone suggest a decent wire splitter or way of doing this? would it be advisable to use a standard block type one like used in the home, then seal it?

Or could I twist the wires together and solder them to the same deans plug? Think that might be a bit to much for the tiny plates.

Any tips, ideas much appreciated.

Thanks Tom

Are they still selling this junk on eBay?

It will do nothing for your car, if your ESC needed a capacitor (which is only there to smooth the power supply) it would come with one in the box.

Anyway... to fit it it's usually easier to solder it on the the terminals of the ESC, and it they are not visible then cut a little bit of the jacket away from the cable and cover over with heatshrink or maybe electrical tape to stop it shorting out on anything.

I know its junk......but it looks cool, and to have it fitted but not wired is a bit of a cop out, so I'm gonna fit it anyway for looks more than anything. Will solder it straight to the deans I think.

If I can't get hold of a NOS decal it wont be fitted.

Cheers for the reply man

Low on funding so cheapness is always what I aim for, and if its that bum I can remove it. Its just looks cool and will be a nice bit of eye candy for my scorcher.

I can't see what it says.... tell me? looks to be wired in..... what am I looking for? Cheers

just the authentic scaled NOS detailing :lol:

tbh doesn't look all that cool to be worth breaking out the solderiron