Sign in to follow this  
brayling

RC Run To The Sun

Just an Idea at the moment for next summer, an RC version of R.T.T.S, would love to here ideas about location (Cornwall?), dates? basically a large beach gathering, run what you brung beach drag racing, some dune climbing etc, no stalls or entertainment, just a meet on the beach scorchers very welcome :-) but anything goes sort of thing. Maybe have a few naff home made trophies for best buggy, best vdub best truck etc, get some good photos

What do you think?

Just an Idea at the moment for next summer, an RC version of R.T.T.S, would love to here ideas about location (Cornwall?), dates? basically a large beach gathering, run what you brung beach drag racing, some dune climbing etc, no stalls or entertainment, just a meet on the beach scorchers very welcome :-) but anything goes sort of thing. Maybe have a few naff home made trophies for best buggy, best vdub best truck etc, get some good photos

What do you think?

Yup, I am up for that! Check out Gwithian, North Cornwall, or there is Brean, or many beaches in between.

What do you think?

I like the idea, in fact just yesterday I thinking about the idea of having an SRB meet that included some running but also a show n shine, with a number of different classes to contest; best in class, i.e. sand scorcher, rough rider, super champ etc, best shelf queen, best runner, best-in-show etc etc. Of course there's no reason why such an event should exclude other models so of course the list of classes could be nigh-on endless.

Good Luck! I hope it's a great event. Unfortunatley geography will prevent me from attending since i live in the north-east, and as much as i like the idea I don't think i could justify the time and expense :lol:

If I wasn't having to put my RC habit on the back burner for a while I'd be well up for a beach bash type meet. As it goes I'm having to consider selling a couple of models that I don't have the time or money to work on. :lol:

as much as i like the idea I don't think i could justify the time and expense B)

Yep. Travelling to a beach for a single day is time consuming to be sure. The expense ain't cheap either if you drive. I went to Bournemouth recently with some family and it was £200 in fuel alone between the 2 vehicles we went down in and that was just a full tank each. The time travelled was about 6 hours total so there was about 2 hours worth of play time after eating lunch so it was a bit of a downer when I look back on it. I think if everyone planned to spend a weekend for the meet it'd work better, not to mention everyone would be more relaxed and have more fun if they had accommodation for a night or two.

I will look into a beach with camping facilities, will make some calls to sites see what I can find out. Petrol is a pain in the bum! When I got on the road it was 64p per ltr and that was only 11 years ago!

maybe a beach in the mids some where?

location ideas please.........

I know there is an awesome beach in formby near southport with great dunes and all sand I think there is a camp site near buy will look into it, If we can get the numbers up it would be ace to do. If not will have to be a south west dooooo.

There has to be loads of great locations all ideas welcome...

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!

I will look into a beach with camping facilities,

Does it have to be a beach? I know the idea is RTTS and a beach plays a big part in that, but.....a beach restricts venue options and does the event have to be outside? At least indoors your guaranteed whatever the weather. Would be a bummer to get everyone together only for the event to be rained off, didn't that happen at snetterton one year???

Location; Somewhere is the midde would be good, but i don't know any venues. That said, Derby has some prety stunning scenery (and indoor halls :lol: ), what about hring a racetrack for the day???? Some of the Eastmidlads must know of some good venues in that area...

I will look into a beach with camping facilities, will make some calls to sites see what I can find out. Petrol is a pain in the bum! When I got on the road it was 64p per ltr and that was only 11 years ago!

maybe a beach in the mids some where?

location ideas please.........

I know there is an awesome beach in formby near southport with great dunes and all sand I think there is a camp site near buy will look into it, If we can get the numbers up it would be ace to do. If not will have to be a south west dooooo.

There has to be loads of great locations all ideas welcome...

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Gwithian mate, north cornwall.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...175095&z=13

There is a campsite that is seperated from the beach by only sand dunes! How perfect is that? It'd work for a weekender, I did mention it to the bunch at the first Brean Sands meet. It would mean we can sleep, bash, eat, bash, sleep some more, bash, you get the picture. Stayed there a few years back, it had hookups and amenities.

I reckon it'd be a blast.

24/25th June is the only weekend I have until August though! Fully booked with Sound engineering jobs!