Sign in to follow this  
BeetleLover

Grasshopper Super G rear suspension

Hi, I'm building a Grasshopper Super G but can't find the instructions or the additional insert to make the changes up from the GH2. Does anyone know the setup on the rear? Does it have the Hornet Ball ends on the Short CVA's? Also did the Super G version have different coloured dayglow wheels, were they all yellow or did green accompany some kits too?

cheers

James

James

Look in the reference section at the Grasshopper 2 - manual page 18 I think should give you what you want.

I don't know abount the wheels but have recently got hold of a green set of wheel now looking for a yellow set.

Good luck with the build.

Rich

I thought the Super G had white wheels, but I'm not sure.

It came with yellow 90mm CVAs that mounted on shoulder screws, so no it does not use the hornet style ball cups on the rear shocks.

Thanks for your replies :) All sorted now, page 18 did the trick, surprisingly i didn't even flick through my GH2 manual... Yup GH Super G had the bright yellow wheels, they seem to be hard to find now... I think mine will have it's Super Hornet Orange rims for a while yet... Does anyone have the yellow ones for trade?

cheers

James

BeetleLover :)

Couldn't remember whether the wheels were white or yellow - it's been so long and I've destroyed so many sets of wheels and tires. Now that you say that, I seem to recall trying to find some, giving up, then trying to find white ones, giving up, then trying something else, and getting it wrong....

Eventually, it ended up wearing whatever shoes I had laying around and it has always looked kind of funky.

I hope you have success finding a set of the proper wheels! :)