Sign in to follow this  
TWINSET

50519/50520 Shock Caps

Do the shock caps for the DB01 shocks (50599 W parts and 0225073 Y parts) fit 50519 and 50520 shocks?

I need to build a set of shocks with ball fittings at both ends, and not sure if 50519/20 have ball caps - and if they don't, the DB01 bits would do it, if they fit.

gallery_1.jpg

Im pretty sure that the DB01 runs those very shocks, CVA Mini front and CVA Short rear, so yes, ball fittings at both ends.

That's a pic of the DB01 shocks, but apparently 50519/50520 don't have ball caps - I either need to confirm the ball cap issue, or that the DB01 parts will fit the 50519/50520 shocks.

That's a pic of the DB01 shocks, but apparently 50519/50520 don't have ball caps - I either need to confirm the ball cap issue, or that the DB01 parts will fit the shocks.

I have had several packs of the CVA II Super Mini shocks and they all have ball caps. But I have never bought a packaged set of Mini or Short shocks, so you might be right. They are certainly the same bodies that the DB01 uses.

Where 50519 and 50520 are suggested as hopups, the original kit has used screws at the top (on the ones I've checked the manual for) so that doesn't confirm the shock sets will fit on balls without mods.

If the DB01 caps will fit the shock bodies, then I can do what I need to by swapping parts around, but have no idea if DB01 caps will fit those shock bodies - can't find any details on what sprues are in the shock kits, nor any body diameters etc.

pretty sure all the CVAs & TRFs have ball cavities in both in the cap and bottom cup

the only things where you must use the stepscrew is the friction units in TL01, M03 etc