Sign in to follow this  
BiggusDitchus

58044 Pajero decals

Restyle, modify and modernise vintage decals. Omit Tamiya however you can keep words like Egress as egress is just a word. Very easy graphic design changes and sell them on here, I'll buy them for sure. Being able to do a slight customisation with a restyled but based on original decal set would be gold. I would do more bodies if these were available.

Anyone here second that motion?

Restyle, modify and modernise vintage decals. Omit Tamiya however you can keep words like Egress as egress is just a word. Very easy graphic design changes and sell them on here, I'll buy them for sure. Being able to do a slight customisation with a restyled but based on original decal set would be gold. I would do more bodies if these were available.

Anyone here second that motion?

well how about adding a TC contest Design an alternative look to a tamiya model and then people can vote on it or it may give others even more ideas the best of the best could be public domain and if people like it maybe they could preorder them if enough people really want it then one of the decal makers could market them.

we have many talented people on here i loved the rothman's Themed cars that come out every so often to carry on the look of the 959 Porsche onto modern and classic cars "shodog" made some very nice alternative looks to tamiya classics.

Agree with the idea of alternative liveries. The 1/43 kit industry already has the aftermarket decals available for many rally cars so why not doing it for 1/10?

A contest of designing a livery is a good idea.

There is a way around it. Omit the Tamiya logo and Tamiya name on the decal sheets for a start. Then when you advertise them for sale do not use the name Tamiya at all. The intellectual property on the decal designs and other names (Hornet Wild Willy etc) are not Tamiya's anymore. The only rights Tamiya has is with the word Tamiya and the 2 star logo. Hope this helps.

I totally agree with this. Also remember that genuine Tamiya, TRF and Tamiya Logo decal sheets are still available and will fill the gaps.

Tamiya is just a name, its actually Hebrew for "Twin" or commonly "Tammy", looking back to 2010 according to online stats 72 american baby girls were christened Tamiya in that year, the highest was in 2006 when it was 111.

Looks like Tamiya's Idea of using "Twin" stars was based on Hebrew name Tamiya taken quite literally, would probably go as far as saying the Japanese Name Tamiya likely has its origins from Hebrew.

Wonder if you could use Tamiya as its just a name, alternatively i could father a baby girl call her Tamiya and use it all i want lol.

Regards the logo, yes that is their property and they told me that and I removed it, then removed the decals.

Fair call mate. I would still be interested in vintage decals minus logo. I'm sure a lot of others would too but I might be a vocal minority (hope not). On a personal level, I hope that you are not discouraged by this and I hope you don't mind us openly discussing your predicament here.

Tamiya is just a name, its actually Hebrew for "Twin" or commonly "Tammy", looking back to 2010 according to online stats 72 american baby girls were christened Tamiya in that year, the highest was in 2006 when it was 111.

Looks like Tamiya's Idea of using "Twin" stars was based on Hebrew name Tamiya taken quite literally, would probably go as far as saying the Japanese Name Tamiya likely has its origins from Hebrew.

Wonder if you could use Tamiya as its just a name, alternatively i could father a baby girl call her Tamiya and use it all i want lol.

Regards the logo, yes that is their property and they told me that and I removed it, then removed the decals.

So are you going to retouch them with the logo removed and then relist?

Fair call mate. I would still be interested in vintage decals minus logo. I'm sure a lot of others would too but I might be a vocal minority (hope not). On a personal level, I hope that you are not discouraged by this and I hope you don't mind us openly discussing your predicament here.

+1

Hope you find a way around this. Other repros often dissapoint, yours havent.

So are you going to retouch them with the logo removed and then relist?

No, im thinking about things and deciding what to do about it for the long term.

No, im thinking about things and deciding what to do about it for the long term.

Well done, stay true to your moto "repro it and they will come"

By the way, did anyone find some 58044 Pajero decals for BiggusDitchus out of all of this?

TC has also removed the link.......Repro decals RIP :huh:

Shame on Tamiya you need to listen to your fans once in a while! This will only hurt your re-re market and us vintage restorers!

Hi, so was Tamiyaclub/Lee asked to discontinue providing decals or was it a cautionary measure?

James

Hi, so was Tamiyaclub/Lee asked to discontinue providing decals or was it a cautionary measure?

James

Yeah, what's the situation here?

What is Tamiya doing? :huh:

What do they expect to gain from all this?

TC has also removed the link.......Repro decals RIP :lol:

Shame on Tamiya you need to listen to your fans once in a while! This will only hurt your re-re market and us vintage restorers!

:lol: NO!!! i need to get some , as i got bodys coming . What is the world coming to ! :huh:

Looks like Tamiya are shooting themselves in the foot, thats what it looks like to me, I can understand the repro decals being removed if it was the 1st step into stopping repro decals it makes sense that others would soon follow if they got their teeth into it, but Manuals?, seriously!, whats the issue there, they are provided for people to help them BUY parts and fix up vintage cars, I hope its just TC re-arranging the manuals section and not Tamiya asking them to remove it.

If they going all out on decals they might be going all out in other areas too?

Does this mean that the repo stickers here on TC will be removed from sale ? and the down load manuals as well ?

Does this mean that the repo stickers here on TC will be removed from sale ? and the down load manuals as well ?

The link for Repro decals has been removed completely, looks like they are gone im afraid

Looks like it at the moment . Till admin let us know & i'm sure they will in time .

I knew i should have ordered stickers last week :huh::lol::lol::P

All they are going to do is make stickers , bodys go underground & people will make more money ??. :huh: Just like most

things in life . Why tamiya why .

The link for Repro decals has been removed completely, looks like they are gone im afraid

WOW, I just ordered a set of Blazer stickers last week.... I got conformation of the sale, and dispatch....looks like I am the last person to get any repo stickers for any tamiya :lol::lol::huh: