Sign in to follow this  
kenno

Grasshopper hop ups?

Hi all, im back to bug you all for more information :-) this time it's a favour for my dad not me lol, basically he has just picked up a grasshopper rolling chassis, and he wants to hop it up to a brushless system (more than likely a ezrun setup as he likes the way mine runs) so I know the simple hop ups ie bearings and change the pinion but first of all which pinion will he need for the hopper? Also iv seen people saying about the front suspension hop up, does anyone know if anywhere still has this available? And any other hop ups available that he can get to make it better?

Thanks in advance

Kenny

Pinion wise wise need a 32dp pinion in 18t, like these clicky other than the hopup's you've mentioned maybe the only other one would be hornet rear oil shocks and a 3rd shock mod, its never going perform like a modern buggy, but they are great fun, also i added some weight to the rear on the chassis, makes the shocks work better.

Pinion wise wise need a 32dp pinion in 18t, like these clicky other than the hopup's you've mentioned maybe the only other one would be hornet rear oil shocks and a 3rd shock mod, its never going perform like a modern buggy, but they are great fun, also i added some weight to the rear on the chassis, makes the shocks work better.

Thanks for the help with the pinion mate, and yea I totally appreciate it won't handle like a modern buggy, it won't even handle as good as my vintage thunder dragon, I have a hornet so I no there not great but it's what my dad wanted so I just figured I would try and help him get it handling as best as possible.

What Kv is the brushless system you are thinking of fitting? Anything over 4300Kv you are better off using the Lunchbox 10 tooth long brass pinion and the Lunchbox motor mount.

I have 4600Kv in my Grasshopper with the Lunchbox 10 tooth pinion and motor mount and it's doing around 55km/h with 2S 4000mAh Li-Po (way too fast for the primitive handling), and the runtime is huge long (like over 2 hours).

I think 3300kv would be more suited to an olden like the hopper.

Im about to recieve a turnigy 3300kv 6450 i think its called.

What battery do you want to run?