Sign in to follow this  
tamiyafier

My TA02

I've always wanted a TA02, and I snapped up this eBay special a few months ago for 60 odd dollars shipped:

anglen.jpg

It was in okay-ish condition, without any broken parts but was fairly well used. It had some sort of aftermarket alumminium driveshaft and no bearings....

So I tore it down...

img1833tu.jpg

... cleaned it, added full bearings, an aluminium motor mount, stiffer springs and new tires for good measure:

img1837p.jpg

Then I threw in a R32 GT-R body ( I know, I know, it was a TA01 body, not a TA02 body...) and some two-piece gun metal meshies from my Porsche GT3 VIP kit:

img1952cy.jpg

img1953j.jpg

Soo...that's how she stands today :P I don't really drive it much, it's more of a semi-shelfer.

Nice pick up. :D

You could almost swear that was a 1:1 car, except for the giant spray cans in the background! :P

Quick little update....got some brand spanking new gearcases to replace the old cracked ones. Now I just need to get my grubby hands on a tub...stay tuned :)

img0254mr.jpg

Bit of an update... car is now completely rebuilt with new parts, and a set of Skyline rear body posts are on their way.

Also... B)

img0837r.jpg

img0839e.jpg

img0840vd.jpg

I decided on the somewhat uncommon JTCC scheme, as I actually prefer the appearance of the JTCC car over the STW car.