mongoose1983

Decal glue residues.

As title says, I'm now dealing with an old Tamiya hard plastic body with decal glue residues. Decals were not Tamiya but other brand. Is there a safe way to remove the sticker stains without ruining the paint? Any help or ideas will be appreciated!

You all have a good week! :P

You could try Eucalyptus oil, it can remove sticky things, not sure about if it harms paint so worth experimenting with :P

James

i've said it before and i'll say it again ! '' shellite '' or commonly called '' lighter fluid '' ! ..bought at most supermarkets .........

"Shellite" is an Australian thing, tm to Shell Petroleum.

O/s its also known as Petroleum Spirits, Naptha, Coleman Gas etc

Worth trying rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) and the Selley's or Turtlewax Bug & Tar remover aerosol for autos.

Avoid solvents like turpentine or thinners unless you know what paint you're working on.

WD40 is ok for some, but will take off some paints eg Tamiya Paint Marker, X-bottle paint

''Shellite" is an Australian thing, tm to Shell Petroleum.

O/s its also known as Petroleum Spirits, Naptha, Coleman Gas etc ... yeah maybe , but its still '' lighter fluid '' ! :blink:

Hi

House furniture polish does the trick in the uk we have mr muscle or pledge ,its great spray it on & use a soft cloth to rub it off,

regards

craig

works good getting prices off cd cases etc when giving them for gifts lol

Thank you guys. Will try something tonight when at home and will let you all know. Cheers! :blink:

De-solv-it is good for this, although I'm not sure if you get it in Chile mate. Best of Luck :blink:

Thank you all for the tips, fellow TCers!

I tried some stuff similar to the traditional WD-40 and it worked. I'm super happy now.:unsure: