Sign in to follow this  
Mighty flex

For Sale: Compagnucci, Kyosho 1/8 Delta+

Hi guys, long time no post for me. 84 pages of unread posts. Uni has been distracting me. Anyway I have far too many cars and not enough room. and I need a real car for a job, so sacrifices must be made. Going up on here for a bit then to ebay... Located in Cornwall, UK

First up is a Compagnucci Petrol Saxo. is 1/8 scale - similar to Superten cars. Basically a long wheel base 1/10 buggy dimension.

A very interesting and unusual model that uses a 6.28cc petrol motor, that can also be run on regular nitro glow fuel if you so wish.

The chassis is in great condition, having only been run a few times. The engine started fine recently, and ran well, though will need fine tuning for best performance.

The foam tyres are beginning to split, but still have lots of grip, and are not very worn at The rechargeable battery pack is a bit old, and could do with replacing (just 2x 4.8v AA 4cell packs heatshrinked together). I forgot to add: the rear diff is a little lumpy, but has been as ong as I can remember - I don't think its a problem.

The body shell is very good, with no damage, though some decals are peeling, and there are a few marks to some decals.

These are fast machines, but have high gearing and really need to have a large flat space to stretch their legs - speeds of nearly 60mph are claimed, but around 50 is more realistic.

One 125cc tank of 50:1 petrol-oil mix lasts for 30-40 mins, and the fan cooled engine sound much less annoying than it's nitro equivalents. The spark is controlled by a small box next to the engine. There are two battery packs - one for the spark and one for the radio.

All that is required to run is a radio (transmitter and receiver), petrol and two stroke oil. If you need a radio I can supply a basic used set for a reasonable price.

Parts are probably still available from a few places on the net, but It is getting difficult.

What you see in the pictures is what you get. I have a manual and some papers which are included but not shown. I do not have the original carry bag or tools/charger.

£75 + P&P

100_3127.jpg

100_3126.jpg

100_3125.jpg

100_3124.jpg

100_3123.jpg

100_3122.jpg

100_3121.jpg

100_3120.jpg

100_3119.jpg

100_3118.jpg

Next up is a Kyosho Delta

I bought it with the intention of fitting the shell to one of my 4wd buggies, but the size wheelbase and track work out quite right. I have decided I can't really justify having so many cars, so something has to go!

Based on the 2wd raider chassis, kyosho released a series of cars on this chassis in the early nineties, such as the RS500 and this Delta, which is a lot less common than the Ford. The design is simple and sturdy, but to be honest, dynamically it is not great and would be transformed by some decent oil shocks and springs.

This car looks to have only been run a handful of times, as there are only very few scratches on the underside, and the tyres are almost unworn. The tyres have gone hard with time and offer very little grip now. The original bright white coating on the wheels has peeled in places, exposing bare nylon, but this is not very noticeable (more obvious than my pic suggests)

The shell is good, with just one (repaired) crack at the front left corner, though the decals have peeled and the painting is not great. The paint is strong but there is some over spray on the windows and edges have been masked poorly. That said there are repro decals available on ebay as well as origianl replacment shells.

With a bit of work and new decals, it would look great as a runner.

I have rebuilt the car, and everything is as it should be - one or two screws are not original, and one bolt is longer than the original (it just sticks up a little more).

When rebuilding, all origninal bushings were replaced with ball bearings (metal sheilded on internal parts and rubber on external parts such as wheel hubs), and thick grease was added to the diff to give some limited slip effect. The whole car runs very smoothly.

Included are two futaba servos for the speed control and steering.

There is no manual, but one for a similar model can be found at this address: http://www.retromodelisme.com/manuels_page...e2b4c3a768aea87

All that is required to run is a radio (transmitter and receiver) and a 7.2v battery (please note kyosho seem to use their connecters the other way around - there is a female Tamiya connector on the speed control for some reason). If you need any of these things I can supply a basic used set for a reasonable price.

Parts are shared with many other Kyosho models, and can usually be found on ebay.

What you see in the pictures is what you get.

SOLD

100_3096.jpg

Finally my trusty Pirate 10 monster. I have had it for 8 years from new, and not been run a huge amount. Whenever it is run, it brings a smile to my face as it cartwheels its way into the undergrowth :unsure:

Really very fast with 21 engine. insane if you fit anything powerful... in the 60mph range with a basic hyper 21. A barely controllable missile... but that's part of the fun!

Rolling chassis with some parts (all the bits that break when you get it wrong) and two acoms servos.

I also have a mostly complete pirate 10 buggy chassis (blue alloy) that may be of use for spares, but not all parts are shared - THis can be included for an extra £10

Comes with a Monster Energy stickered HPI Chevy shell (I don't think i have ever run it with this shell). Looks great from a distance, but there are a few scratches, and the decals are not the best - a few are slightly ripped, but this is not noticeable when its running. I also have the roiginal shell (chrome paint has peeled off) and a butchered Tamiya Alfa GTA to fit (not pictured)

I'm quite happy to hold onto it as a project - The addition of a wheely bar would be my first step...

£65 + P+P

100_3143.jpg

100_3144.jpg

100_3142.jpg

100_3141.jpg

100_3140.jpg

100_3139.jpg

100_3138.jpg

100_3137.jpg

100_3136.jpg

100_3135.jpg

100_3134.jpg

Thanks

Felix

Just to say Thank You to Felix, who is an absolute gent to deal with, and the Delta arrived in pristine condition with superb packaging to protect it.

Thanks Again Buddy!

Sign in to follow this