Sign in to follow this  
zakspeed

Mardave Cobra ? what they like ?

It looks like I've managed to pick up a Mardave Cobra - what are these like ? I know nowt about em. Any info appreciated

Cheers

Looking a bit dated now - but good fun and cheap parts.

Gearbox can be a bit weak - make sure you're fully ballraced and your slipper (if it has one) is properly adjusted - most of the problem is caused by the idler gear and it's bearing mounts melting, drilling the centre of the idler out and replacing it with a metal shaft helps apparently. I got one in fairly poor condition along with a load of Meteor spares I bid on, ended up trading most of it for more Meteor spares but still have some parts if you're interested.

Gearbox can be a bit weak - make sure you're fully ballraced and your slipper (if it has one) is properly adjusted - most of the problem is caused by the idler gear and it's bearing mounts melting, drilling the centre of the idler out and replacing it with a metal shaft helps apparently. I got one in fairly poor condition along with a load of Meteor spares I bid on, ended up trading most of it for more Meteor spares but still have some parts if you're interested.

Cheers - i'll have a good look over it when it comes, it was bought with other cars but it's always good to get the heads up on weak spots etc.. I'll post pics when it arrives

Would you have any slipper clutch parts for a Cobra?

I could do with one for this beasty:

MardaveCobra016.jpg

MardaveCobra001.jpg

Whoops,just clicked Jez,no you won't have.

Mark