Sign in to follow this  
commiedoor

grounds for divorce ?

i ran in to an old r/c mate from years ago the other week , hadn't seen him in about 2-3 years . i asked him if he still wanted me to have his r/c collection to look after as he had just gotten married and the new wifey wanted him to clean out the spare rooms , one for a babies room and one for all ''HER'' special stuff she moved in to HIS house .

well , he went pale , his bottom lip started to quiver and a tear flowed down his cheek as he said '' she chucked them out while i was on a 7 day shift at work '' ..( he works at one of the many coal mines here in nth queensland ) , '' everything ! gone ! ''

well , i could see he was in distress so i said a quick '' dang , thats a shame '' , talked for a bit more and beat a haste retreat .

in one fell whoop , she had thrown in to a skip bin , cause '' he didn't need those toys any more '' and '' they arn't worth any thing '' , the following ....

a tamiya clodbuster in imaculate condidtion ,

a terror scorcher in imaculate conditin ,

an rc10t in race condition with many hop ups ,

a lossi xxt in race condition with many hop ups ,

a tamiya days of thunder nascar ,

a kyosho lazer zx 4x4 buggy in race condition with many hop ups

a tamiya fire dragon in imaculate condition

and all their transmitters , 10 or so matched battery packs , 2 peak chargers and all the spare parts and race gear in his race boxes .

i was in a state of shock at the thought of all that stuff being dumped in to the local land fill ! . poor bloke never had a chance when her married her , no old friends and now , no old mementoes of days gone by ... what would you have done in his place ? divorce sounds good ! .. did i mention she got rid of his old motorcycle too :) .

Her shoes and handbags going into landfill sounds like a start!

poor bloke that is just not on.

For heaven's sake! This story choked me up almost as much as a freakin' George Jones song! :)

Is there any way we can help the guy get something back?

I don't want to sound harsh, but how can you end up so deeply in a relationship without being on the same line about a hobby like this? I just don't understand how someone can not see enough value in any hobby to chuck it away, especially if you love someone so much? :) It's already painful to hear, let alone to experience! :blink:

The sex had better be legendary, otherwise he's getting the short end of the deal.

The sex had better be legendary, otherwise he's getting the short end of the deal.

:) LOL! No kidding.

Steve

That poor bloke.

She certainly has problems.

She should respect that they were his things, and she had no right to throw them out.

It could've been a pet rock collection, it doesn't matter. If that what he wants, so be it.

It's not like he had hundreds of them, and they were taking up the whole house.

If that was the case, his hobby would be an addiction, and impacting on her life.

Even then, it should be up to him to decide which ones to keep, and which ones to sell.

But seeing he only had seven cars, and they were in the spare room out of the way, there is no harm in that.

She sounds like a psycho, who needs help with her issues.

If she can do that to someone she loves, she's not worth being married to. (let alone have kids with)

I can't believe that someone could be so selfish.

He should kick her out, and move on to a healthy life while he still can.

OMG, this just broke my heart. Before every race, we should do an r/c burnout for him. And yes, the sex better be crazy and she better be a perfect 10.

I get the line, "she moved into HIS house". What I didn't get is the part where she moved out of HIS house on her behind! :) When I met my wife she knew from day one about my fascination with cars and she had to buy into it. If she wasn't understanding and didn't see eye to eye with me on the point, well let's just say she would never had the chance of being my wife.

From the word go we had an understanding with regards to where and where not to have cars standing around.

This is really screwed up big big time. Man seven cars doesn't even take up space. This is just not on. Like the saying goes "die wiel draai" The wheel turns........ today your riding high on top but remember, one time or another you are going to feel the crunch when you are underneath it. Beee aaaaaatch!!! :blink:

I say "Get rid of her"lol

Oh well, only toys, thats what you have to say to your self.

Man, that's incredibly shocking that she just got rid of them, perhaps he should tell her the value and make her pay it back out of the allowance that chances are come out of his pocket anyways... I hope he doesn't get too committed to her, I mean childrenwise, will she chuck out their prized possessions too? Sounds selfish to me... My wife said she could handle 100 cars, as i close in on that number we shall find out what happens, I somehow doubt that even car number 101 one will mysteriously vanish to the tip...

James

:):blink:

Except that no amount of that could make up for being under the thumb like this poor bloke.

That poor bloke.

She certainly has problems.

She should respect that they were his things, and she had no right to throw them out.

It could've been a pet rock collection, it doesn't matter. If that what he wants, so be it.

It's not like he had hundreds of them, and they were taking up the whole house.

If that was the case, his hobby would be an addiction, and impacting on her life.

Even then, it should be up to him to decide which ones to keep, and which ones to sell.

But seeing he only had seven cars, and they were in the spare room out of the way, there is no harm in that.

She sounds like a psycho, who needs help with her issues.

If she can do that to someone she loves, she's not worth being married to. (let alone have kids with)

I can't believe that someone could be so selfish.

He should kick her out, and move on to a healthy life while he still can.

Aint that last line the truth. Thing is though, IMO she's not a psycho or has problems. She just doesn't sound like a nice person.

Well after i dryed my eyes & loaded my gun ready for action . :lol: They have no idea how much the rc cars a re worth , All they see is a toy . If you put it into $$$ & how many pairs of shoes they could get then i'm sure she would under stand . But on the other foot it would be how much did you spend & why etc etc etc bla bla OMG! i just want to shoot my self Bla etc etc Will this ever end :lol: . You couldn't win . I would have got rid of some thing that she loves , Ok it might sound childish , But why not . eye for an eye :) The divorce proceedings would have said :blink: . Well he can always buy more , even if it's not the same as this original .

Gotta feel for the guy! :lol:

I totaly made sure my missus was on board with my r/c stuff very early in the relation ship. I have had previouse girlfreinds that didnt get it! I didnt want to be in a relation ship where I couldnt enjoy my hobbies. She has her's and I have mine. :lol:

And know my daughter and I go bashing down the beach with our sandys, Awsom! B)

Sounds like she needs to learn the rule I taught my kids - "If it ain't yours, don't touch!" Then she needs to learn a little respect for her husband and replace the stuff she threw away. If she can do that with good grace they may have a future together.

I think the problem is that in Australia women have too much power and control in relationships. This of course I think extends to most westernized countries.

No offense to your friend, but he is a little wimpy b1tch if he had put himself in such a situation where his new wife didn't even need to worry about his reaction after doing something like this behind his back.

I bet he'd be too scared to do that to her belongings (let alone if he had moved into her house) and I am sure had he done that her reaction would have been something to document.

Your friend needs to become a man, because if he was a man, she would not have done that.

Time to cut up her wedding dress to use as shop rags and find a really, really greasy project that requires him to use the dishwasher to clean up some "parts". Preferably something like disassembling a Harley in the sitting room....

My wife doesn't like the RC cars, my Transformers collection or my model railway but she would never do anything so heartless as throw any of it away. The cars in particular don't have a home right now so are in the little room which was supposed to be "hers". She keeps her shoes in my wardrobe which drives me beserk as they always fall out heel first and stab my poor bare feet. I would not more chuck her shoes out than she would my RC cars.

You can probably tell the sort of woman that would do that early on so is this dude just a horrendously poor judge of character or what? Even if she was a complete whore in the bedroom that wouldn't make up for what she's done to him.

Definitely worth a swift kick in the babymaker. Sadly, he sounds irretrievably henpecked already.

Definitely worth a swift kick in the babymaker. Sadly, he sounds irretrievably henpecked already.

Indeed. His choice of spouses is poor.

My wife doesn't like the RC cars, my Transformers collection or my model railway but she would never do anything so heartless as throw any of it away. The cars in particular don't have a home right now so are in the little room which was supposed to be "hers". She keeps her shoes in my wardrobe which drives me beserk as they always fall out heel first and stab my poor bare feet. I would not more chuck her shoes out than she would my RC cars.

You can probably tell the sort of woman that would do that early on so is this dude just a horrendously poor judge of character or what? Even if she was a complete whore in the bedroom that wouldn't make up for what she's done to him.

Good to see someone else here loves them some Transformers B)

Tragic!!

Handbag and shoe bonfire in the backyard while she's away for payback... then throw it in the gutter and go find another.

Seriously I couldn't live with a woman like that. If she didn't take an interest in my interests and vice versa there's not much of a relationship going on. Would rather be single than date/marry the 'modern' woman.

I can happily say my wife has no problems with my addiction to 'toys' (she knows they are not) and supports it. I can even have them displayed in the bedroom, or strip one down and rebuild it in the bedroom or kitchen, and get her help with the job. She will take time out to photograph the cars while the kids and I drive and she even has her own cars which sometimes she does drive (when no one is watching because she thinks she drives bad). Life is good when there is harmony and co-operation in each other's pursuits.

Only one last thing needs to be said... A ship only has one captain and I don't think your mate is steering the boat somehow. It's sad...

Only way to stay in that relationship is to write her a fully inclusive invoice for everything she dumped and give her 7 days to replace the lot. If 1 item is still missing after that then goodbye wifey B) Maybe then she'd get the message.

grounds for divorce? heck thats grounds for a 55 gallon drum and a 50 pound bag of lime.