Sign in to follow this  
commiedoor

grounds for divorce ?

i ran in to an old r/c mate from years ago the other week , hadn't seen him in about 2-3 years . i asked him if he still wanted me to have his r/c collection to look after as he had just gotten married and the new wifey wanted him to clean out the spare rooms , one for a babies room and one for all ''HER'' special stuff she moved in to HIS house .

well , he went pale , his bottom lip started to quiver and a tear flowed down his cheek as he said '' she chucked them out while i was on a 7 day shift at work '' ..( he works at one of the many coal mines here in nth queensland ) , '' everything ! gone ! ''

well , i could see he was in distress so i said a quick '' dang , thats a shame '' , talked for a bit more and beat a haste retreat .

in one fell whoop , she had thrown in to a skip bin , cause '' he didn't need those toys any more '' and '' they arn't worth any thing '' , the following ....

a tamiya clodbuster in imaculate condidtion ,

a terror scorcher in imaculate conditin ,

an rc10t in race condition with many hop ups ,

a lossi xxt in race condition with many hop ups ,

a tamiya days of thunder nascar ,

a kyosho lazer zx 4x4 buggy in race condition with many hop ups

a tamiya fire dragon in imaculate condition

and all their transmitters , 10 or so matched battery packs , 2 peak chargers and all the spare parts and race gear in his race boxes .

i was in a state of shock at the thought of all that stuff being dumped in to the local land fill ! . poor bloke never had a chance when her married her , no old friends and now , no old mementoes of days gone by ... what would you have done in his place ? divorce sounds good ! .. did i mention she got rid of his old motorcycle too :lol: .

So who's THE BOSS in that house? HE or SHE B) In other owrds she has NO respect for her husbands hobby. In fact the hobby were there BEFORE her!

Not a good way to start out. But obviously the wife will not be getting a lot of sympathy in this forum. A few things to consider, though:

- She may have had no idea whatsoever about the value of what she threw out

- When moving together in his "old" place, she would probably need to make some changes and put her mark on the place to feel at home, unless he is very good at making room fer her. That would also apply for a man to move into a womans "old" place. Imagine the amount of pink objects, you'd need to get rid of.

Still, the sex better be legendary :-)

grounds for divorce? heck thats grounds for a 55 gallon drum and a 50 pound bag of lime.

A man after my own heart. B)

No way, I think I'd have to dig a hole in the garden put her in it and build an RC shed on top, maybe name the shed after my late wife because that's all she would deserve, that's dia man.

On a more serious note, I agree that if you are in love you interests should not conflict, my fiance is totally fine with all of my many hobbies, I still spend time with her and we share responsibilities, (kiddy winks, animals) She sounds like a control freak, has an idea of what she wants and is trying to mold him into it, which will breed contempt, leave quick I say before more dreadful things start happening.

I think the problem is that in Australia women have too much power and control in relationships. This of course I think extends to most westernized countries.

No offense to your friend, but he is a little wimpy b1tch if he had put himself in such a situation where his new wife didn't even need to worry about his reaction after doing something like this behind his back.

I bet he'd be too scared to do that to her belongings (let alone if he had moved into her house) and I am sure had he done that her reaction would have been something to document.

Your friend needs to become a man, because if he was a man, she would not have done that.

yeah . well , australia is sposed to be a civilized country where women are equal and dont walk 2 steps behind and are less valuable than the pet donkey .. the poor old mate isnt a wimpy bloke , just a poor bugga that was from the country and married the first girl that showed interest in him , to his families delight i might add .

all of us mates warned him but , they say love is blind , and in this case , proves it . its and interesting to note , that his dad is '' hen pecked '' the same way .. so , poor old mate just prolly doesnt know any better

and as for becoming a man ? does that equate to smacking her around , yelling at her , destroying her belongings ? all of which would lead to a divorce court real quick , with her getting the 50% plus 20% for the child as settlement plus paying a quarter of his monthly income as child surport .

it really sucks what has happened , so take a lesson from it and hope it dosen't happen to you .. B)

Commiedoor, I didn't mean smack her around, or treat her as a subordinate or something, but his role should have been established long before even getting married, and if this was done she would have shown him the respect not to have done this, rather not shown him, but actually have the respect for him to not to whatever simply pleases her. I believe in all fairness that women should have equal rights but within reason, and not to mention in Australia I think women have more than just equal rights.

I don't know your friends complete living status but I assume if she has moved into his house, and he goes on 7 day shifts that he is the main "bread winner". Now for her to go and do something like this would lead me to either the conclusion that she is a sociopath (which I doubt would be getting married) or that your friend has undermined his role to such an extent that he has become nothing more than an appliance and convenience to her by supplying her a house and financial security.

Also your friend may not be wimpy to you or the guys, but this does not mean his tough nature transcends to his attitude with his wife.

And lesson number 2, ALWAYS sign a prenuptial agreement

Sounds like the relationship needs some work. No understanding at all, or respect for that matter. Granted we all here are essentially "playing with toy cars" but that doesn't matter. It could be a pet rock collection (as previously posted, made me chuckle) The point is it is important to him, is an outlet of some kind and he enjoys it. She blatantly has no regard for any of this, and this is a huge red flag in my book. My fiance has a a good understanding of my hobbies, she may not support all of them but does understand their importance to me. Therefore our new house has a room that is all mine and I'll put as many cars, robots, and keyboards in it as I want. (Not to mention I'll have a workshop in the basement... and what woman rightfully wants anything to do with the garage either? <_< ) Nonetheless she understands and respects my hobbies, as I do hers.

I think your friend needs to explains his new hobby to his wife. Since she obviously can't handle some toy cars... how does drinking at the bar every night talking to loose women sound?

Your friends new wife's name isn't Sarah is it? Sounds just like the sort of thing my ex wife would do, which is largely why she's my ex. I was lucky in that I was only just getting in to RC towards the end of our marriage, but I remember that despite having a house full of all her cr*p, when I bought my old MB and TL01 back home from my parents house, I got the famous words "Huh. Where are we going to keep that?". Ironically, when she moved out she left large quantities of her cr*p at my place. FIFTEEN large bin liners worth. I do get a twisted satisfaction in the knowledge that if she got the hump with just two cars, she'd probably have a major cardiac episode over the 23 cars that I now have.

One thing that's a slightly larger issue than his RC collection is that he is going to spend the rest of his life with this woman. If she displays such a flagrant lack of understanding and respect about the things that are important to him, it's really not going to be a happy one.