Sign in to follow this  
WillyChang

F104 cheap-china-cloned!

Gee it looks good , I have a F104 pro & i would say that looks better B) all most . What won't they clone ?.

How can they get away with this ?. This is why tamiya is getting touchy on stickers etc MAYBE .

I have seen 416 etc cloned .

I stumbled upon a DF02 clone on ebay - surprising how they can get away with it really.

I have one of R2Hobbies' 1/18 trucks...clone of the Associated 18T. It is a nice little truck and loads of fun for bashing, and the radio that it came with is the nicest one I have.

Wow, nice! I wont mind getting one to bash around if it is cheap enough. Where did u find that?

In fact it would be a good chassis to display my additional F104 body shell...

1/18 Truck

R2Hobbies

1/10 F1

R2Hobbies F1

Wow, nice! I wont mind getting one to bash around if it is cheap enough. Where did u find that?

In fact it would be a good chassis to display my additional F104 body shell...

LOL, I wonder if this was the sort of reaction expected..... :lol:B)

certainly I expected less enthusiasm, lol

I'd rather buy the Racing F109 F1 car. Sure this is cheap but I have doubts about the quality, it is grab.

I haven't been impressed with the material quality or fit & finish of the Chinese cars I've seen. The electronics seem fine, but the cars' plastic parts feel flimsy and brittle. You really do get what you pay for.

Now to preface this I know hardly anything about these cars. But from what I know they have a plastic 'T bar' on the bottom that is supposed to flex and with the aid of the shock and disk damper on the top it acts as the rear suspension? In that case I somehow think the aluminum T bar on the R2 isn't going to work very well B) That shows the skill of the manufacurer when they can't even clone something properly!

05.jpg

Kieren

And Tamiya thought they are only worried about people ripping them off with various repro decals, as has been discussed in the forums lately....

china gets away with copying every thing because it doesn't recognize international copy write laws ........ and most of the big multi -national companies moved their manufacturing to china , they gave them the product to copy but soon the feindish chineese managers discoverd that they could sell the same artical with their own brand , or some times not change it , to the distributers for a bigger profit . ie nike shoes made in china sell for say $100 a pair , cost to make $10 . the chineese sell them for $80 , still made in the same factory with the same materials ...cost $10 . stupid companies for moving to cheap labour countries in the first place ..

china gets away with copying every thing because it doesn't recognize international copy write laws ........ and most of the big multi -national companies moved their manufacturing to china , they gave them the product to copy but soon the feindish chineese managers discoverd that they could sell the same artical with their own brand , or some times not change it , to the distributers for a bigger profit . ie nike shoes made in china sell for say $100 a pair , cost to make $10 . the chineese sell them for $80 , still made in the same factory with the same materials ...cost $10 . stupid companies for moving to cheap labour countries in the first place ..

I believe though that it's illegal to import such copies to countries where the copyright laws are recognized - which is the reason why there isn't an official importer for these copies. So all in all, the copies can only be sold in China, Russia, a few other countries that don't recognize the copyright laws, and by the internet. They sell well, I'll give you that, but their market could be bigger if it wasn't a copy.

Being a copy though, it probably still sells better than a non-copy chinese car because many people know that the spares of the original/genuine car will fit - which I expect one would need pretty soon with the cuts on costs that have been made to make it cheaper (cutting costs on material is one of the first things to do - which is probably why they used aluminium for all the plate parts including the T-bar :huh:).

I believe though that it's illegal to import such copies to countries where the copyright laws are recognized - which is the reason why there isn't an official importer for these copies. So all in all, the copies can only be sold in China, Russia, a few other countries that don't recognize the copyright laws, and by the internet. They sell well, I'll give you that, but their market could be bigger if it wasn't a copy.

Being a copy though, it probably still sells better than a non-copy chinese car because many people know that the spares of the original/genuine car will fit - which I expect one would need pretty soon with the cuts on costs that have been made to make it cheaper (cutting costs on material is one of the first things to do - which is probably why they used aluminium for all the plate parts including the T-bar :huh:).

Most countries have copyright laws but this for 95% done only on clothing. Not on r/c cars and not even on Ipods etc. You can order easily a clone through the internet without any problems by customs. I had a mini inferno clone by Iwaver within 14days from ordering to delivery. Great cars because you have clones and clones. Sometime you have a bad clone but mostly they are an exact copy of the original build with high quality materials. Take a look at this one: http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail.php?prod=rcve00051 Great materials such as carbon, alloy and high tensile steel BUT still a clone of the Tamiya TRF 415. Way cheaper than the original.

Yeah - I got one, good for what I paid too - just over £50 inc postage.

I'd never have bothered buying an actual Tamiya F104 - the parts all appear compatible although the quality of the plastic parts leaves a little to be desired, I managed to break one of the front-end parts while installing a steering servo. I'm not really a fan of F1, so it's just a bit of fun for me to run occasionally and mess about modding.

That alloy t-bar is going to lead to one bad case of tweak after a while - and you don't need to even crash the car fo it to show up, just taking a tight turn at high enough a speed to bend it should be enough...

Most countries have copyright laws but this for 95% done only on clothing. Not on r/c cars and not even on Ipods etc. You can order easily a clone through the internet without any problems by customs. I had a mini inferno clone by Iwaver within 14days from ordering to delivery. Great cars because you have clones and clones. Sometime you have a bad clone but mostly they are an exact copy of the original build with high quality materials. Take a look at this one: http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddetail.php?prod=rcve00051 Great materials such as carbon, alloy and high tensile steel BUT still a clone of the Tamiya TRF 415. Way cheaper than the original.

I understand that you don't get any trouble with customs. They are not up to date with what's a clone or not, and it's only one item - that's if they even open the box anyway to check the contents, because it's usually not mentioned in such great detail on the customs form.

However, if you would start importing and selling these in masses, I think you'll soon have someone knocking at your door about it (in a bad way). I'm not sure of this though, and it also contradicts with the 90+% clones like the clone of the Fox back in the day, and the copy of the Dark Impact that Conrad (a large German and Dutch online webshop) is selling.

If you buy this you are a communist ;) I seriously believe that

ahh the old better '' dead than red '' syndrome ! .. on a side note , i am a member of an american gun forum ( owned by a greek ! ) and was told that i had to change my user name from '' commiedoor '' because the word '' commie '' was in it ! even though i said i was an aussie and the word '' commiedoor '' is slang for a gm holden commodore automoble , it didnt matter ! lol strange fish you americans :P

ahh the old better '' dead than red '' syndrome ! .. on a side note , i am a member of an american gun forum ( owned by a greek ! ) and was told that i had to change my user name from '' commiedoor '' because the word '' commie '' was in it ! even though i said i was an aussie and the word '' commiedoor '' is slang for a gm holden commodore automoble , it didnt matter ! lol strange fish you americans :)

Should have told him it was about showing commies the door (possibly at gunpoint) - Stan Smith anyone...? :P

Should have told him it was about showing commies the door (possibly at gunpoint) - Stan Smith anyone...? :D

:):P