WW-nut

*** Dissatisfied with Tamiya petition ***

Dissatisfied with Tamiya poll  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's a private joke Matman but thank you for pointing it out :P

B) That's the hole point :D

+1, but a couple of things do spring to mind. Technically they're right. It's copyrighted material, and TC has infringed it by publically distributing it without Tamiya's permission. However much that sucks, unfortunately that's the way it is. (whomever it was who said "Once it's out as a manual the public should be able to do what they like with it", I would suggest getting in your spaceship and returning to whatever planet you're from, cos you're clearly not from this one)

The other thing though is why has it taken so long before this crackdown has taken place? Seems a bit odd that it's happened now all of a sudden.

If it's in their rights to do it, I have no problem.

Perhaps they are going to make the manual all in PDF? TamiyaUSA has a nice collection of all the newer cars in PDF.

+1. I can see their point about the decals, but it does seem rather petty to remove the old manual downloads. After all, TC does not profit from people downloading these, and there are clear warnings about not selling them on. There is no benefit to anyone by removing them. I guess for us the bottom line is, if you are unhappy about the way a company deals with you, vote with your feet. They will keep doing what they want until they see a hit on sales.

+1.

I joined TC as a true old school Tamiya fan. With that said, let me say that this has caused me to seriously rethink my opinion of Tamiya. To force the removal of vintage and out of production manuals and decals from the TC site looks like pure greed from Tamiya. I have 3 Grandsons that I have been sharing the RC hobby with, and all their vehicles are rare and vintage Tamiya. I think I will switch them to Kyosho. Anyone see ANYthing in my showroom? Make me an offer. TAMIYA can KMA.

PS. I never downloaded any manuals from TC. I only referenced manuals to assist with parts and construction of vintage restorations.

+1

The whole decal business takes the fun out of finding and restoring old cars. My relatively newfound interest in old used cars has also inspired to me buying 2 new and expensive tamiya kits this year, the Avante and a buggy champ. But no more cars from tamiya for me if their policy continues.

How long are the moderators going to let this one stew... TWINSET??!?? LOL. There has to be some clarifications as to how this one went down. We can all speculate, but it would be nice to know what happened.

How long are the moderators going to let this one stew... TWINSET??!?? LOL. There has to be some clarifications as to how this one went down. We can all speculate, but it would be nice to know what happened.

Well, seeing as you asked so nicely, try reading what I wrote at the weekend; http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=62588

The real important bit for those needing a summary is; That's all I know at the minute, when there's updates they'll be posted here. (here relating to here)

Whilst you're brushing up on your reading skills, have a read thru the request the guy that opened this topic posted; No messages, just add a blank post below to show Tamiya the dissatifaction they are creating in the rc community................

:D

Note to OP - please don't count my post as a +1 as I'm only responding to a Q

The other 'discussion' posts from those that never read your request either probably shouldn't be counted as it'll give a false indication of disgruntlement

+/-13 posts out of 63 not actually '+1' from a quick read-thru - good going guys B)

Whilst you're brushing up on your reading skills, have a read thru the request the guy that opened this topic posted; No messages, just add a blank post below to show Tamiya the dissatifaction they are creating in the rc community................

Thanks for the reply Andy, I guess logic should have lead us all to the TC News BB (will keep an eye on that one, thanks for taking the time to share the news). BTW, everyone that is adding a +1 can't read either B)

BTW, everyone that is adding a +1 can't read either :)

In their defence though, I don't think a blank post is possible (I can't be bothered to try it) so +1 is one way around it

15/65 not relevant to topic now

But Tamiya doesn´t own the specific sponsor declas so just little moving and re-moving and just call it vintage sponsor decals, and Tamiya can't do

anything about it as long it doesn't say Tamiya or their car names and look the same as Tamiya original... If you ad different door number and Mr T can't do anything...

So you can easely go around it if you want but I guess TC as a public community doesn't want to pic a "fight" with our godfather/mentor Mr T.

But as I've been saying about re-res, If you (pivate person) can sell one Chevy Blazer for €2k + why not (factory) re-re them and sell 4 for the same price?

As the vintage market gone thru the roof, I understand that Tamiya want a taste of the cake too.

Of course it happens just when I was about to order some repro Super champ decals... :)

Badboy

** EDIT - it appears that many people didn't read/understand the first post, 'no messages, just add a blank post', so I have added a poll **

** EDIT - it appears that many people didn't read/understand the first post, 'no messages, just add a blank post', so I have added a poll **

Poll / Comments. Is either going to make the slightest bit of difference ?

To all those that have already posted +1 - Please vote in the poll too - the 'discussion' has made the posting of +1 relatively pointless now, as it'll take ww-nut a lot of work to tot-up the +1s and ignore the discussion

Emailing Tamiya JP directly would be a more visible dissatisfaction feedback.

Can someone provide a genuine @tamiya.com contact email address in Japan, not USA - some tamiya.com account addresses head there)?

Pref customer service, international, or legal dept recipient address. I do not advocate hassling the good people at international appointed agents. This is a head office directed feedback.

PS. I can read, but I don't think we need a third thread on this topic.

Can someone provide a genuine @tamiya.com contact email address (in Japan, not USA - some tamiya.com account addresses head there) ?

Pref customer service, international, or legal dept recipient address. I do not advocate hassling the good people at international appointed agents. This is a head office directed feedback.

The way I did it was that a couple of days ago, I sent an Email of objection sent to The Hobby Co. Ltd (our UK distributor / agent / "exclusive" importer for Tamiya), asking to be forwarded to Tamiya Japan, and another Email of objection sent to the only e-mail address that I could find through trawling the web, of Tamiya Japan i.e. WINDOW@tamiya-inc.co.jp.

The next day I got an e-mail from The Hobby Co. Ltd. telling me that they had passed on my mail to the relevant department of Tamiya Japan. Looks like that's how you contact Tamiya Japan LOL.

Cheers,

Alistair G.

I know this is not directly addressed to Tamiya headquarters but my hope is that enough people send an email to Tamiya USA they will fwd them to Tamiya Japan office.

This is what I sent via the Tamiya USA contact us link:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/cs_form/contact.php

Dear Mr. Shunsaku Tamiya,

I am a long term customer of over 28 years. I am a member of TamiyaClub.com and use their online resource of Manuals as a way to restore all my vintage Tamiya classics. Since Tamiya do not provide this resource I was deeply disappointed that you requested TamiyaClub t remove them from their site.

I fully understand the copyright laws and why you might ask TamiyaClub.com to remove your property from their site.

But please consider this. TamiyaClub.com is such a great resource for all fans of vintage and modern Tamiya. Would it not be better for Tamiya inc to grant TamiyaClub with a free license to distribute copies of Tamiya models no longer in production. If TamiyaClub was then to allow the manuals to be downloaded for free by anyone they would not be profiting from distributing manuals that Tamiya hold the ownership of.

This would keep your copyright intact and continue to allow the thousands of fans around the world to research & restore their old vintage Tamiya models.

If you can not find a way to do this I really hope you can make all the manuals available on your website. This is such a great resource and your decision has taken something very special away from the loyal fans of Tamiya.

Yours Sincerely,

James Knight (toykid).

Can someone provide a genuine @tamiya.com contact email address (in Japan, not USA - some tamiya.com account addresses head there) ?

I do intend to make this petition more visible to Tamiya by contacting them and hoped that by uniting in this way we could request they reconsider their action against Tamiyaclub.com.

Yes there are other threads on this subject, but this was purely to vote, not to discuss the subject.

By all means you can contact Tamiya at: cs@tamiya-inc.co.jp

I know this is not directly addressed to Tamiya headquarters but my hope is that enough people send an email to Tamiya USA they will fwd them to Tamiya Japan office.

This is what I sent via the Tamiya USA contact us link:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/contact/cs_form/contact.php

Dear Mr. Shunsaku Tamiya,

I am a long term customer of over 28 years. I am a member of TamiyaClub.com and use their online resource of Manuals as a way to restore all my vintage Tamiya classics. Since Tamiya do not provide this resource I was deeply disappointed that you requested TamiyaClub t remove them from their site.

I fully understand the copyright laws and why you might ask TamiyaClub.com to remove your property from their site.

But please consider this. TamiyaClub.com is such a great resource for all fans of vintage and modern Tamiya. Would it not be better for Tamiya inc to grant TamiyaClub with a free license to distribute copies of Tamiya models no longer in production. If TamiyaClub was then to allow the manuals to be downloaded for free by anyone they would not be profiting from distributing manuals that Tamiya hold the ownership of.

This would keep your copyright intact and continue to allow the thousands of fans around the world to research & restore their old vintage Tamiya models.

If you can not find a way to do this I really hope you can make all the manuals available on your website. This is such a great resource and your decision has taken something very special away from the loyal fans of Tamiya.

Yours Sincerely,

James Knight (toykid).

Good letter, sounds very reasonable.

All this has got me thinking though. Now that we know for sure that Tamiya watch TC and the wider internet and, added to the fact that they are currently in dialogue with this club, it appears that we have a golden opportunity to ask the company about the viability of selling manuals & decal sheets as part of a download file that can be taken to a local printing company and replicated in the exact form of the original (with the exception that decal sheets would be missing the original sponsors). By doing this the company's outlay would be practically nonexistent as they would not even have to fork out on paper.

Consider this. If Tamiya charged say $5 for a manual download and $10 for a decal sheet download and you could then take it to a printer would that be appealing to you?