fireballv8318

too afraid to use them now....

I managed to get the last set of, uhhh... :) -"stick-on decorations"- :angry: from tamiya club ,for the Blazer I am restoring. I recived them on thursday, went to start cutting them yesterday and stopped.....I looked at them and thought " this is the last set in exsistance"... now I'm too afraid to use them. what should I do? :)

what should I do? :)

Frame 'em or use 'em - you can't sell them anywhere :)

You have some TC history there & should keep it . :)

There's about as much history in them as a photocopy of the Mona Lisa - tart up the Blazer and enjoy - the problems only begin if you roll it

There's about as much history in them as a photocopy of the Mona Lisa - tart up the Blazer and enjoy - the problems only begin if you roll it

Well said!

Looks like I got my "non specific plastic moulding" and "adhesive items" for my Terra Scorcher just in time then!

I managed to get the last set of, uhhh... :) -"stick-on decorations"- :) from tamiya club ,for the Blazer I am restoring. I recived them on thursday, went to start cutting them yesterday and stopped.....I looked at them and thought " this is the last set in exsistance"... now I'm too afraid to use them. what should I do? B)

Scan them and make a set for your runner if you have one. If you dont have a runner, scan them and then use them for a template to paint the details. If you use them they will fade/shrink or peal off over time anyway.

Whatever you do scan them first!!

well I managed to get some yesterday evening from ebay, I'm only posting this now because it looks like they've been removed. but some sellers can't afford to just bin them and will find ways to sell them, even if its a 4 hour window on ebay before being removed becuase they know there are plenty of tamiya fans sitting there updating the newly listed item list hoping to snap up bargains

I managed to get the last set of, uhhh... :) -"stick-on decorations"- ;) from tamiya club ,for the Blazer I am restoring. I recived them on thursday, went to start cutting them yesterday and stopped.....I looked at them and thought " this is the last set in exsistance"... now I'm too afraid to use them. what should I do? :)

I managed to find vintage decals for my Grasshopper and Dirt Thrasher and went through the debate of what to do, frame them or put them on the car. My plans are to have 2 bodies, one to run and another one for the shelf and the vintage decals.

The things will still be displayed and preserved, but instead of in a frame on the wall they'll be on a car on a shelf on the wall B) .

Looks like I got my "non specific plastic moulding" and "adhesive items" for my Terra Scorcher just in time then!

I need to order a few non specific plastic mouldings too - better get my act together before it costs me mega money for originals !

Well i've got a new set of TC grey Mounty decals and a set of TC scorcher decals - guess what, I cant want to put em on and run the cars .. I run cars with original decal sheets on - dosn't bother me one bit.. Will look bland without & plain so enjoy.

Applying decals is best bit anyway...