Alan P

What other bodys fit a Hornet

I've just picked up a very battered Hornet and the orignal body is toast, just wondered if there were any other buggy bodys that would fit?

2 for starters: Grasshopper (with small mods) and Fire dragon (was originally sold as an alternatrive hornet shell).

Parma also makes a lexan version of the Grasshopper body that should work.

MrLexan does a lovely Parma Stinger, I used to run one on my Hornet BITD, definitely worth checking out.

2 for starters: Grasshopper (with small mods) and Fire dragon (was originally sold as an alternatrive hornet shell).

Well to be correct I think it is the "SUPER Dragon" body you are talking about :) But I really don't know if even the Fire Dragon body will fit!

Pretty sure both the fire dragon and Super Dragon will fit the Hornet :) I even have a feeling that the Thunder Dragon will too. The Saint Dragon body instructions also show how to cut it to fit the Hornet also... Plenty of Options!

James

Hi you could allways use a kamtec vw baja shell or a rere scorcher or m/beetle shell & do a scorcher / baja l@@k a like

craig

Like this

DSC02048.jpg

Kamtec Baja Beetle shell

If you can fabricate some simple body mounts almost anything can be made to fit, its a good chassis to work on.

I saw a picture of a Hornet with a Fire Dragon body once. I think it looked quite good.

One body that has not been mentioned and is a direct fit is the AYK Roadrunner II body. Hard plastic polystyrene like the Grasshopper body. It's almost like a cross between the Hornet and Grasshopper in looks.

I also found out this weekend that the Brat polycarb body fits the Hornet/Grasshopper wheelbase perfectly, presumably the hard plastic body does too. Just a thought.