Flat_Out

SRB chassis modded with CRP and RCH parts? anymore info?

I scored this chassis (and a box of parts) the other day and looking for more info on the aftermarket parts. From what I've heard it's a CRP "butterfly" chassis and front shock extensions. The rear shock set up seems to be RCH. Anyone know about the nerfs and cage? Are they CRP too?

Just trying to figure out what I've got here.

Thanks for any help!

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

9d631860.jpg

I know nothing about your new find but i just want to say its cool !

Have fun with it

The Nerf Bars appear to be an old Team CRP design (Part 3061), they are normally stock aluminum - the previous owner appears to have painted them black: http://www.rcchopshop.com/crp/3061.html

The Roll Cage is likely to be a Team CRP release as well possibly part 3062 or 3064

Team CRP also made two Butterfly Chassis designs. A standard Chassis (Part 1015) and a 'short' chassis (Part 1021). Part 1015 was 1" longer than the stock SRB chassis whereas the 'short' chassis matched the length of the stock Tamiya SRB chassis.

Hope this helps.

Dan

The Nerf Bars appear to be an old Team CRP design (Part 3061), they are normally stock aluminum - the previous owner appears to have painted them black: http://www.rcchopshop.com/crp/3061.html

The Roll Cage is likely to be a Team CRP release as well possibly part 3062 or 3064

Team CRP also made two Butterfly Chassis designs. A standard Chassis (Part 1015) and a 'short' chassis (Part 1021). Part 1015 was 1" longer than the stock SRB chassis whereas the 'short' chassis matched the length of the stock Tamiya SRB chassis.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Thanks for the info! This is the longer chassis for sure. I though I might slide a basher MB body on it, but the wheel base is indeed longer and it would look stooopid. <_<

That chassis with cage and nerfs is soooooooooooo cool!!!! Gimme, Gimme!!!

That thing needs to be restored not used as a basher :(

kinda my thoughts too. I'm gonna clean it up the best I can and display as soon as I can. I'm in the middle of moving into a new place right now though and it will be a couple more months before I'm 100% operational again. It will be in my showroom (as well as the rest of my stuff) as soon as I'm settled into my new garage and back to work!

Hmnnn nice....

RCH Front uprights,

RCH Front arms

Front shock extenders - not sure who made these

Front shocks and rear mono are Kyosho series 200 1/8th shocks (best of the time) with coil overs - not standard.

Chassis RCH/CRP butterfly - can you please tell me how many sets of mounting holes there are for the front uprights and which ones your uprights are in!

Nerf bars look JG to me not CRP

Rear cage - again not 100% sure JG/CRP/RCH

CRP rear stabiliser

RCH rear mono shock mount

RCH rear arms

I would expect a diff in the gearbox probably Thorpe.

Finally you would normally see widened front and rear end (hence my Q above) but your rear is standard. I would take the gear cover off and look to see if its running the standard SRB gearing or if the previous owner replaced it with changeable spur hub.

Would you be happy to divulge how much this cost or would you part it out for spares?

Hmnnn nice....

Would you be happy to divulge how much this cost or would you part it out for spares?

Indeed spares would be good as I seem to have missplaced the Nerf bars I had on mine :P

Chassis RCH/CRP butterfly - can you please tell me how many sets of mounting holes there are for the front uprights and which ones your uprights are in!

Finally you would normally see widened front and rear end (hence my Q above) but your rear is standard. I would take the gear cover off and look to see if its running the standard SRB gearing or if the previous owner replaced it with changeable spur hub.

There are two sets of holes up front, and the uprights are mounted in the outer most. How were the rear's widened on these cars? longer axles and swing arms?

I got this in a package deal with a couple other cars (like new Bulldog minus body and a crappy Blackfoot turned Monster Beetle). Not much invested really. Not looking to part it out really. I might sell it later, but not really sure what it's worth. For now I'm going to clean it up some, get it rolling, stick some sort of proper body on it, and display it with my Volkswagen based R/C collection. I've got a set of See's wheels that would look great on here, but don't think they ever made adapters to fit the rear hubs of this.

Indeed spares would be good as I seem to have missplaced the Nerf bars I had on mine :D

Hey Swarm - Nothing to see hear move along :)

Paul

There are two sets of holes up front, and the uprights are mounted in the outer most. How were the rear's widened on these cars? longer axles and swing arms?

I got this in a package deal with a couple other cars (like new Bulldog minus body and a crappy Blackfoot turned Monster Beetle). Not much invested really. Not looking to part it out really. I might sell it later, but not really sure what it's worth. For now I'm going to clean it up some, get it rolling, stick some sort of proper body on it, and display it with my Volkswagen based R/C collection. I've got a set of See's wheels that would look great on here, but don't think they ever made adapters to fit the rear hubs of this.

So to add to the "specials" you also have a wide front end, that means extended tubes and either CRP or RCH hardenend front axle pins. The rear was simply widened using CRP rear axles - I sold a pair NIP about 3 months ago.

Despite the absolute rarity of the items, when they are all bolted on a chassis they get surprisingly little money (there's a live one on ebay right now down california way). On their own each individual part is worth much more to a collector - like myself. I think the reason is people want stock originals as opposed to old cobbled together racers.

The best bits imho are the RCH mono shock kit - you can sell the shocks to Kyosho nuts they love em. The other beauty is the RCH front uprights and shock extenders that I would happily give you an offer for when (if) you are ready - IM only.

Cheers

Paul

Great find!!

Would it be possible for you to put that long/wide butterfly chassis in a scanner and scan it, as I'm trying to make some new "blueprints" for that chassis.

Tom

Great find!!

Would it be possible for you to put that long/wide butterfly chassis in a scanner and scan it, as I'm trying to make some new "blueprints" for that chassis.

Tom

I was going to scan this and draft it out myself, but there's some stupid lack of a twain plug-in for photoshop cs5 and it wont recognize my scanner. I'm just taking measurements and drafting it out instead of drafting it over a pic, but in and out of town this time of year for work, so not sure when i'll have a dxf file done.

I'll keep you posted.

scanner.jpg

I was going to scan this and draft it out myself, but there's some stupid lack of a twain plug-in for photoshop cs5 and it wont recognize my scanner. I'm just taking measurements and drafting it out instead of drafting it over a pic, but in and out of town this time of year for work, so not sure when i'll have a dxf file done.

I'll keep you posted.

That would be great!

Tom

i have one of these chassis as well but i would need to strip down a car to scan it.

It's not THAT many screws, you know ;-)

Tom

you haven't seen all the boxes around and on top of it :lol:. I'm going to be on hoarders one day and it won't end well.

Can I be in your will in case you get smothered to death under a pile of fallen RC boxes? :)

you haven't seen all the boxes around and on top of it :lol:. I'm going to be on hoarders one day and it won't end well.

Nonono, it's not THAT important... Not worth risking your life for, anyway!!! ;-)

One of the things that I find very cool about this SRB is that with all the very delectable go fast bits on it, judging by the front post they were still using the F150 Ranger body.

i have one of these chassis as well but i would need to strip down a car to scan it.

MrLexan had made a run of these chassis's a couple of years ago. There may be more left.