Wandy

Re-release Egress

EDIT. Title changed to reflect the actual confirmed news. KIT NUMBER 58500 WILL NOT BE THE EGRESS!

Post below has been left unaltered for you all to have a good snigger at me jumping the gun. :blink:

Ok, it's not actually confirmed on tamiya.com as yet but, like previous re-releases, this kit deserves it's own thread where the specification of the forthcoming buggy can be discussed...and therefore any perceived rights or wrongs of it actually being kit number 58500 can perhaps be thrashed out on the *other* thread?

So then...

This will be another quite astounding re-release from Tamiya, and one that seemed highly unlikely just a short while ago, but how good was the original? I don't know too much about it except that the transmission was almost identical to the Avante's but the rest of the car is actually quite different (which makes it that bit more surprising that this one will come back).

Did it come with the titanium screws as standard? It will be interesting to see if they come back on the re-release or if this will be part of the now familiar cost cutting that has occurred on past re-releases.

Questions, questions!

Finally, who is going to get one? Mine is on order to Santa as we speak. :lol:

I wonder if the latest TRF shocks will be provided instead.

I wonder if the latest TRF shocks will be provided instead.

I imagine that they will stay true to the original and bring back the platinum ones. Although, like on the Kyosho buggies, I've always preferred the look of the gold ones to the platinum. They are more exotic looking IMO.

Blister packs have got to be a good bet for a comeback....

egress.jpg

The original kit didn't even come with a motor so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

first-batch freebie of black Dark Impact wheels? :blink:

The motor could be the actual bonus part with this one. :lol:

Speaking of wheels though, that's another reason to be well happy with this re-re as the wheels & tyres go so well with loads of other buggies. I've seen Supershots, Frogs etc with them on and they look great.

If the Egress is classed as a hopped up Avante, what with balldiffs, one way centre bearing, blue rubber sealed bearings, titanium screws & alloy bits like motor heat sink then it's possible that it could be ~30% more expensive than the Avante '11. That would mean about £400 shipped from Hong Kong which is expensive enough but I wouldn't fancy their chances of shifting them in the UK at more than £600 a pop. :blink:

Speaking of wheels though, that's another reason to be well happy with this re-re as the wheels & tyres go so well with loads of other buggies. I've seen Supershots, Frogs etc with them on and they look great.

Agree wholeheartedly with this. I think the white Vanquish versions look even better, but I'm looking forward to getting a few sets of the Egress wheels.

If the Egress is classed as a hopped up Avante, what with balldiffs, one way centre bearing, blue rubber sealed bearings, titanium screws & alloy bits like motor heat sink then it's possible that it could be ~30% more expensive than the Avante '11. That would mean about £400 shipped from Hong Kong which is expensive enough but I wouldn't fancy their chances of shifting them in the UK at more than £600 a pop. :o

Egress was more of an evolutionary improvement of the Avante rather than a hopped-up Avante, with many simplifications, eg plastic ball ends instead of metal rose joints and suspension geometry changes. Since the Avante 2011 already has the carbon chassis, I can't see how the Egress would be overall any more expensive to produce. I would think it would be around the same price.

- James

What is going on? This for real Andy?

Confirmed by Antony in TC News....

Egress was more of an evolutionary improvement of the Avante rather than a hopped-up Avante, with many simplifications, eg plastic ball ends instead of metal rose joints and suspension geometry changes. Since the Avante 2011 already has the carbon chassis, I can't see how the Egress would be overall any more expensive to produce. I would think it would be around the same price.

Ah, well that is good news. The prospect of having to pay 400 quid for it isn't very appealing, even though I still would do if it was that high. It's a better looking car than the Avante too IMO.

Egress is a racing buggy - buy it to run.

Avante is to showcase Tamiya technology, so in a sense more for shelf display .

In fact I read from an rc mag who interviewed the Avante designer, the Avante was suppose to be for 1 competition run only & then to be retired.

Is this speculation or for real, I mean for real for real........... for real?

It's the real deal. I'm sure that tamiyablog will have some concrete info very soon.

The one ive been missing after all these years is comming back! Can't wait :(

And I think it will be cheaper then the avante as your have less metal parts "well I hope cheaper"

X2 here ;)

:( After all the hype................... Quite disappointing if you ask me.

:( After all the hype................... Quite disappointing if you ask me.

Very disappointing if you ask me. If Tamiya were going to re-release another high end vintage racer I would have much preferred the Supershot. I like the Avante but the other Avante based cars have never done anything visually for me.

Very disappointing if you ask me. If Tamiya were going to re-release another high end vintage racer I would have much preferred the Supershot. I like the Avante but the other Avante based cars have never done anything visually for me.

Yer i'm with you mobias , they have the platform to make the supershot , so why not do that ?. With the re re of the hotshot , boomerang , I would have through that they would have brought that out :( c'mon tamiya .

Not to hard to do ;) .

;) After all the hype................... Quite disappointing if you ask me.

+1 :(

Well this is excellent news then, as a kid this is the kit I wanted the most, I can remeber standing in beaties looking up at the kit and struggling to believe the £324 price tag (this was in 1992).

In recent years I have been coming to terms that I might have to spend £1000 to get hold of one NIB but now a re-re? amazing! i'll be buying one no matter what the price and probably 2 if they are sub £400.

You only need to watch ebay to see how desirable this kit is compared to others, sure you can see a lot of kits on there right now with high buy it now prices, that just means the guy selling it thinks its worth that. Last year I saw an egress start at 99p on ebay, proper auction no buy it now and it finished at £970. I havnt seen another kit do that, top force evos are BIN for £700 and still sit there, 959 went for £650, super shot BIN for 1000 didnt sell. Bruiser ....yes maybe, but maybe not aswell I see high BIN prices but cant remember the last time I saw one actually sell.

So anyway, gimmi gimmi gimmi :(

Well this is excellent news then, as a kid this is the kit I wanted the most, I can remeber standing in beaties looking up at the kit and struggling to believe the £324 price tag (this was in 1992).

It was £324 in 1992?? :(;)

That was with full RC kit I assume?

It was £324 in 1992?? ;):o

That was with full RC kit I assume?

You assume wrong, that was kit. Beaties, milton keynes :( (well pretty sure anyway, lol it was 19 years ago!)

You assume wrong, that was kit. Beaties, milton keynes :( (well pretty sure anyway, lol it was 19 years ago!)

Actually yeah that makes sense. £324 in 1992 is worth £511 in 2011. I imagine that is what it will cost in UK shops.

Actually yeah that makes sense. £324 in 1992 is worth £511 in 2011. I imagine that is what it will cost in UK shops.

Thats one heck of a high price for a buggy & in my opinion a buggy that could wait and be released with any kit number,

Why cant Tamiya do the right thing and rere the top force evo thats a buggy that realy deserves the 58500 kit number seeing as it missed the first 100 and was tamiya's first real performance buggy that did'nt break every time you ran it

just my 2p worth but I think it would be allot more worth while and would'nt cost as much when it hits the shelves

Yer i'm with you mobias , they have the platform to make the supershot , so why not do that ?. With the re re of the hotshot , boomerang , I would have through that they would have brought that out :lol: c'mon tamiya .

Not to hard to do :lol: .

No matman, no Supershot Re-Re, I just bought an original, they cant go an re-re it now :lol:

Infact, I wouldn't mind if they did, and I'd buy one, this is the simply most awesome looking Tamiya Buggy ever IMHO.

As far as the Egress goes, I'd definately look at getting one, but will get my Avante first, as I consider the Avante more significant in the long run