Wandy

Re-release Egress

Agreed, I think it'll be great to see the Sand Rover back in the line-up again but at the same time I'm almost dreading what they'll do to the poor thing to make it fit on that chassis!!

That is true, but that's what we all said about the 2011 Holiday Buggy, and yet ironically, it seems to have become a classic on its own merits!

Oh right i see, well thanks a bunch Wandy / Europro for getting everyones hopes up for nothing, idiots.

Someone sold all his Egress stuff expecting a re-re?

Bit strong but made me laugh (no offense to anyone! just in case someone gets shirty LMAO).

@ QATMIX....... Vajazzle?, one thinks you might just have accidentally owned up to watching the WORST program on TV right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to admit I managed about 10 minutes before i just laughed and thought seriously people watch this rubbish?

:lol: All that anticipation, speculation and discussion were good read :) kept me checking on the forum daily :) Well if there is no Egress, the next best thing to Egress would be Vajra. Who knows , maybe changing the wheels & putting on a repro body would make it an Egress look alike. Anyway I would get a Vajra if Egress is not goin to be re-released. I always wanted to have a feel how the Egress chassis drives/handles as compared to Avante.

I would just buy an Egress of feebay. The Vajra seems very expensive - I honestly just don't get the Vajra at all - unless its a warm up for the Egress. Should mean parts will be easy to get for the original Egress out there.

Give it a couple of months and someone start a rumour about the Astute being re-re'd :)

@ QATMIX....... Vajazzle?, one thinks you might just have accidentally owned up to watching the WORST program on TV right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to admit I managed about 10 minutes before i just laughed and thought seriously people watch this rubbish?

Only person i've heard go on about a Vajazzle is Jeremy Clarkson surely you cant be knocking Top Gear? Or am I missing something here?

On another note im pretty gutted if the Egress aint gonna be kit 500 as the Egress was one rc car I really lusted after and owning one was just a dream.

From tamiyablog :

As for 58500, at Tamiyablog we of course also knew about the rumours that 58500 was supposed to be the Egress. This information was however at no time available from any source we consider to be reliable or credible. So we refrained from posting it, trying to stay in line with our policy of being early with correct information rather than presenting rumours or fantasies.

Considering that the Vajra very clearly seems to use some of the parts exclusive to the Egress, Avante 2001 and Vanquish, we feel confident that further Avante-series models will be (re-)released. At this time we have no information whether this will be the Egress, Vanquish or something completely different though.

Only person i've heard go on about a Vajazzle is Jeremy Clarkson surely you cant be knocking Top Gear? Or am I missing something here?

On another note im pretty gutted if the Egress aint gonna be kit 500 as the Egress was one rc car I really lusted after and owning one was just a dream.

Clarkson nicked the quote from a really bad program based in essex!, Top Gear rules! (The Uk version not the cheesy licensed ones!)

Clarkson nicked the quote from a really bad program based in essex!, Top Gear rules! (The Uk version not the cheesy licensed ones!)

Last nights episode was the best one in a long time. And I've only just mopped up the dribble after seeing the test of the Lambo Aventador.

'Scuse the thread derailage... as you were :D

listen... is that the sound of the purists barfing?! :D

at best it'll be a hoppedup Avante 2011, or a Egress "tribute" replica haha... worse, its a "backVaj" :huh: (google "BackSlash" heh)

Avante diffs aren't that bulletproof, if your motor has too much torque it might rip the nubs off the planetary gears.

Twin balldiffs and the oneway centre helps handling a lot, especially with longer wheelbase.

Have Egress runners for many yrs - one stock, one racetuned from when it was new.

Avantes didn't really work ... Optima Mids performed much better back then.

But they're from an era of gentle undulating grasslined loamy offroad tracks

not today's crazy mountainous stadia where a legit shortcut is taking jumps 2-3 peaks at a shot.

Oldskool tracks don't exist anymore; it ain't fun running them on modern track where it doesn't cope.

Hotshot & ORVs are a different breed, they're more a basher type of toy.

More nostalgia relived from running them around grass lawn & pavement than the track.

Must be a lot like what vintage F1 car collectors suffer... got nice car, nowhere to drive except the track. :angry:

At least RC we needn't worry if your torso fits :rolleyes:

Gear diffs are stronger than ball diffs that is why there is no brushless 1/8 buggy with ball diff and that is why we in 1/10 touringcar switch back to gear diff. I drive a 8.5t Transpeed brushless motor in my Avante: my gear diffs holds fine except I had to replace the 3rd ball diff cause it was melted. I also replaced the steel balls with ceramics and glued the metal diffrings to the plastic and metal parts. It is now holding fine!

After some time I checked out TC.

Can please somebody can tell me what´s about the Egress?

58500 is the Sand Rover and not the Egress...

The Egress is confirmed for 2011?

After some time I checked out TC.

Can please somebody can tell me what´s about the Egress?

58500 is the Sand Rover and not the Egress...

The Egress is confirmed for 2011?

Nope, nothing known about any Egress re-release.

Many think it will happen since the parts are all out there (Avante and Varja) but nobody knows when.

The 58500 is not the Egress, so that rumor was false.

Thanks for the fast replay mate.

Just was wondering... anyway, the Egress will come this year or what?

Would be a nice re-re for sure.

What´s about the 3-speeds? That was a big point to the last time.

Thanks for the fast replay mate.

Just was wondering... anyway, the Egress will come this year or what?

Would be a nice re-re for sure.

What´s about the 3-speeds? That was a big point to the last time.

No official news on either the Egress or an original 3-speed, so it's not going to happen in the near future, any release timeframe is pure speculation. I reckon the chances of the original 3-speeds ever seeing the light of day are very slim after the Hi-Lift re-releases, but never say never.

- James

I think it can safely be assumed at this point that rolling over the "odometer" on model numbers doesn't mean much to Tamiya - but release dates seem to. So, Egress fans... when did the original come out? 1989 or so? Maybe in 3 years when it turns 25...

... when did the original come out? 1989 or so? Maybe in 3 years when it turns 25...

Egress was released 29th June 1989.

-Lars

they seem to make big hoohaa about "30yrs" more than anything else - eg 934, SRB

apart from TopForce with its special #100 logo wasn't much big deal sunsequently made

about 58200 (Jun TA03), 58300 (Audi TA04SS), 58400 (CooperS M03L) anyways

What's with the countdown on the tamiyausa website?

i just veiwed the source on the webpage and the flash file that produces that counter is named ....countdown_wrd2011.swf

wrd mean anything to anyone? i havent been on here for 2 years so am well outta the mix ;)

i just veiwed the source on the webpage and the flash file that produces that counter is named ....countdown_wrd2011.swf

wrd mean anything to anyone? i havent been on here for 2 years so am well outta the mix ;)

Well "RD" I'd imagine would be "Release Date" ? The "W" could mean a whole load of things I suppose. "Wheelie"? "Willy"? "WildOne" ?

Well "RD" I'd imagine would be "Release Date" ? The "W" could mean a whole load of things I suppose. "Wheelie"? "Willy"? "WildOne" ?

i think you are right on the RD ;) i love a good mystery, lets just hope the W dosent stand for wild ceptor ;)

Hmm... last time I saw a release countdown on an RC company's website was when Axial hurled up the XR10. I hope Tamiya can do better than that.

My guess would be Montero Wheelie; I can see them making a big deal out of it like they did with the Wild Willy 2.

My hope would be Wild One.

I would say WRD would be "world release date" ? Or it's for the release of manuals , stickers & maybe parts , bodys etc ;) .

What's with the countdown on the tamiyausa website?

How"s the countdown goin at the TamiyaUSA website? I can"t see it on my Mac computer or iPhone - no Adobe flashplayer