teddyt

which band ?

hi guys,

picked up a nikko turbo panther at a car boot it all seems to work ok.

but i have no transmitter, how do I find out what band it is running on? so i can look out for a replacement tx

Look at the crystal (elongated silver cylinder with 2 wires out the bottom) that is soldered onto the circuit board in the car. On the side will be printed the frequency.

Even if you find another TX that is the wrong frequency, you can unsolder the crystal and solder in new ones. Just need to keep it in the same band. If the board and tx are set for 27mhz, you need to use 27.*** mhz crystals. If the boards are 35mhz, 40mhz, 72mhz or 75mhz, then you can't swap them over for 27.*** mhz crystals, you must use the right band.

Printing on the RX's xtal casing might actually be the freq of that xtal itself... not the xtal freq you need in your TX.

They usually differ by 450kHz.

Look at the crystal (elongated silver cylinder with 2 wires out the bottom) that is soldered onto the circuit board in the car. On the side will be printed the frequency.

Even if you find another TX that is the wrong frequency, you can unsolder the crystal and solder in new ones. Just need to keep it in the same band. If the board and tx are set for 27mhz, you need to use 27.*** mhz crystals. If the boards are 35mhz, 40mhz, 72mhz or 75mhz, then you can't swap them over for 27.*** mhz crystals, you must use the right band.

Does this hold true for a Nikko jumping Car?

I have one where I have lost the controller.

The other problem the OP faces is crystals are sold as a matched set, one TX and on RX. Even though a TX crystal may be the same frequency a RX, it still may not work.

Before the switch to 2.4GHz one of the habits you tried to train people into was, when running with a bunch of strangers in a public area, hold your car off the ground and switch it on to check if anyone was on the channel. If someone was using the channel you would see all kinds of random behavior, the thing would be "controlled" but not "in control" in anyway.

Of course after establishing that the channel was free turn off the car, turn on your radio, and then turn the car back on :(

The receiver of Nikko Turbo Panther does not have crystal.

JdUei-FuiXXMOWe8mfobJQ3rPbDrS6hJhikpPt1f

The receiver uses the heterodyne system (coil and capacitor - cheaper) and receives all 27Mhz bands.

You have to look at the decoder integrator circuit on the board; there are two versions:  2061D and 1059CA

For the 2061D i.c., the transmitter is this one:
e-5trans.jpg

For the 1059CA, the transmitter is:

e-FULLF-turbo2.jpg

The Nikko transmitters and receivers (decoders) are in this web:

http://reparar-cochesrc.blogspot.com.es/p/emisoras-y-decof.html