Japanscaledriver

2011 (1995) Ford F150 Baja

this one has the manta ball diff in the rear.

The original one has a ball diff in the rear too.

as an SC truck, this rolls way too easily when turning with any speed... but can be fun.

Put the DF01 buggy lower wishbones, DF03 dogbones (these have steel balls on the ends, DF01 has plastic), and DF01 or DF03 turnbuckle upper and steering links to make it handle corners better. The kit damper towers will still work with the longer suspension arms, but you may need 65mm long dampers to get the right ride height. Sort of turns it into a 4WD stadium truck with the wheels outside of the gaurds. This is what I did to mine, and it handles great.

img20319_04122009143440_1.jpg

Don't forget to toss the kit pinion and fit a steel one!!

Put the DF01 buggy lower wishbones, DF03 dogbones (these have steel balls on the ends, DF01 has plastic), and DF01 or DF03 turnbuckle upper and steering links to make it handle corners better. The kit damper towers will still work with the longer suspension arms, but you may need 65mm long dampers to get the right ride height. Sort of turns it into a 4WD stadium truck with the wheels outside of the gaurds. This is what I did to mine, and it handles great.

I knew you couldn't leave that out ;). Mate, I have ordered 0.6 mod RR steel pinions for this before I have even ordered the model (based on your advise in other threads).

TA-Mark you are a flippin legend around here IMO. I dig your wide track F150 too, that is exactly what I will be doing when my young bloke gets tired of going slow or I just get itchy Tamiya box wrench syndrome :(

@Japanscaledriver, this one will crawl before she flies so I'm not worried about the narrow track initially. Thanks for the incentive buddy.

Do you have a picture of this with a body on it? but how durable would this be as opposed to a 2wd traxxas slash?

img20319_04122009143440_1.jpg

Well mine arrived late yesterday so let the fun begin.

This is a 4 colour box art paint scheme and I have decided to do this first. I have done plenty of 2 colour schemes and I have always used masking tape and never had any trouble like bleeds.

Would liquid mask be better given the added difficulty or should I stick with tape, boom boom. There are plenty of succesfully painted originals on here so I would be interested to know how people have achieved best results?

Having said that there are plenty of originals on here, I have also noticed that nobody has posted a re-release F150 in their showrooms and 58495 doesn't even appear in the model database yet :D I'm thinking this re-re might be a bit of a slow mover, any thoughts?

i had the pleasure of building one of these when they were released the 1st time round, immense fun and they are made for jumping! :D

I've haven't had much time lately but this one is getting close now.

FordF-150Chassis001.jpg

FordF-150Chassis002.jpg

The body is finished and waiting so I will post some completed pics soon. I know it only needs wheels and body posts but with two kids under 3yrs that will probably take me about 4 days. :blink:

Now i REALLY want one . The Bowler just has to be built , and this is just the chassis to build it on .

Hello all I have this kit delivered from the shop now. I'd like to see your news and more pics specialy alternative body paintings. I have bought alu motor mount and bearing rubber sealed. Thanks.

Hello all I have this kit delivered from the shop now. I'd like to see your news and more pics specialy alternative body paintings. I have bought alu motor mount and bearing rubber sealed. Thanks.

Hi, user rides is a great place to start :o

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/userrides.asp?id=167

Hello all Tamiyaers :blink:

To chassis:

I'd like to ask you before I will start to build up the chassis of this truck. Do you have any recommendations what to do differently from the included manual ? I've read something about front dumpers (they are too low). What modifications (preferable DIY) do you recommend to do as MUST before I start ? I've made an order of rubber sealed bearings and alu motor mount for now.

To body:

I have an idea to make a first layer with silver paint (just back rims and spare wheel rim), I think it is easier to mask off these rims outside than inside. Than I will continude with black...

Thank you for answers.

To chassis: This thread covers the important stuff I think. The dampers are fine but the body will foul on the front of the front tyres.

To body: Be very thorough with your masking, it will be worth the extra time.

Go for it :)

To chassis: This thread covers the important stuff I think. The dampers are fine but the body will foul on the front of the front tyres.

That is, would be nice to know "how-to" prevent from this issue before I complete that dampers.

First option how to modify the dampers (shocks). - I prefer this

Second option how to modify the dampers (shocks).

And what are the best alu hop ups dampers to replace ?

Here's one I just finished. Pre Re-Re. All stock except bearings. I did enjoy building it but built it to sell. It sold on E-Bay yesterday. It was fun to drift inside the house during set-up!! Never ran it outside.

15fsis.jpg

I know it's a Chevy shell, but the chassis mods work for either body - I recommend going with Hummer suspension parts for a little extra width and MUCH better handling...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=63' rel="external nofollow">Hi752&id=1363" target="_blank">http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.a...752&id=1363

It's a few years old now, but at the time it was the only way I could get a proper Stadium truck!

sTeVE

Hi there, can u please pm me where you got those arms from? And what drive shafts did you use? Cheers, Dave

Hi there, can u please pm me where you got those arms from? And what drive shafts did you use? Cheers, Dave

I'm going wide track on my F-150 also but I would prefer to keep with Tamiya parts on this one. Very interested here. @ redzone, I'm keen to know what your up to over there if you are doing the same :blink:

I have been looking into these more. I currently have a lot of stuff that was build pre 90s. I was thinking of doing one of these up. The price is right for them. I was wondering if you can put hottter modified or brushless motors in these and if they can take the abuse?

Thanks

OSR

I have been looking into these more. I currently have a lot of stuff that was build pre 90s. I was thinking of doing one of these up. The price is right for them. I was wondering if you can put hottter modified or brushless motors in these and if they can take the abuse?

Thanks

OSR

I can't see why not, there are plenty of pumped up TA-02's out there. Wide track all the way if you want go fast though. The COG with the truck body and kit wheels / tyres is a bit too high even for a silver can.

I'm thinking either Manta Ray arms and driveshafts with buggy wheels and tyres or Hummer arms and driveshafts with kit wheels and F-350 Hi Lift tyres.

I can't see why not, there are plenty of pumped up TA-02's out there. Wide track all the way if you want go fast though. The COG with the truck body and kit wheels / tyres is a bit too high even for a silver can.

I'm thinking either Manta Ray arms and driveshafts with buggy wheels and tyres or Hummer arms and driveshafts with kit wheels and F-350 Hi Lift tyres.

Maybe we chould start a thread on pumped up hop-uped TA02??? I would love to see some. I am not big into Fords never have been but I could see a lot of different bodies on this chassis! Thommo you wan to start the thread? I really don't wan to take away from this guys original thread?

OSR

Maybe we chould start a thread on pumped up hop-uped TA02??? I would love to see some. I am not big into Fords never have been but I could see a lot of different bodies on this chassis! Thommo you wan to start the thread? I really don't wan to take away from this guys original thread?

OSR

OK. I tried a lexan brat shell on mine last night and the wheelbase is spot on for starters. Good thinking OSR, I'm on it ;)

I'm going wide track on my F-150 also but I would prefer to keep with Tamiya parts on this one. Very interested here. @ redzone, I'm keen to know what your up to over there if you are doing the same :)

Not quite the same here, i'm interested in longer arms for my TA02W onroad cars :D

im definitely getting this as soon some funds get found :) . always wanted the old one in the 90s