steeley

Re-release of a re-release.

Apparently the Lunchbox gold edition is getting a re-release. I was randomly browsing on Wonderland models website and seen that it will be available on Wed 7th September 2011. I think i'll be getting one.

Lunchbox Gold Edition

Lol, another re-re-release :)

I thought they ran out of gold paint when they did the Buggy Champ Silver Edition :D

Is funny how Tamiya Marketing department works or they know consumers of Tamiya will buy anything Tamiya puts out.

Call it limited edition, chrome it, add a T shirt, now gold wheels and is a collectible and we all rush out and buy 3. At least Tamiya is putting a new spin for a old product. Kind reminds me of GM or Ford back in 70 when they just change the body or add new opening on the body over an old chassis can call is a new model. Now, they got the balls to call a model years a few more years down the road instead of just next year's model. Marketing = Snake & Oil Salesman

Is funny how Tamiya Marketing department works or they know consumers of Tamiya will buy anything Tamiya puts out.

Call it limited edition, chrome it, add a T shirt, now gold wheels and is a collectible and we all rush out and buy 3.

Haha, thats true. As long as Tamiya Marketing Dpt. see's potential in sales they will re-release it over and over again.

Even if they call it a ltd. edition. i feel that they are foolin' us somehow!!!

I'm waiting for a re-re-release Top Force. I love that car and didn't get a chance to buy it first or second time around.

I actually still kicking myself for not buying one of these ages ago when they were not selling well and the prices were low. I just didn't care for the look, but remember they were cheap as chips. Now that I know what a beating the body takes anyway, I should have pounced on one as a runner. Even the basic VLB are more expensive than what they were asking for the "special gold edition" there for a while. Opportunities missed. ;)

I'm waiting for a re-re-release Top Force. I love that car and didn't get a chance to buy it first or second time around.

I hope they do too. I had two of the re-re's but sold them and now regret it. Really they brought it out too early as it would have fitted in better with the current batch of re-releases. If they bring it back again I think it will sell a lot better this time.

Do Tamiya actually do any official Limited Edition releases of anything? I`m not aware that they do.

I would have thought that a second run of a product which was initially sold as a limited edition would violate some trade descriptions act.

It seems what happened here is somebody tried to push the product by calling it a limited production run, encouraging people to think that once the run has finished there will never be another. Probably not mis selling, but not very classy.

The Top Force re-re was on a 58xxx number so I don't think it was intended as a limited edition. It seems that, just like the Manta Ray & T-Shot, it didn't attract much attention. I reckon that wouldn't be the case if they brought it back now though.

Anyone going to start the...

I don't like the RERE RERE market, its ruining my RERE collection <_<

lol

Yes Andy, limited production, not limited edition. And i agree with you that the reason was probably because of lower than expected sales.

I think that when the TF was re-re'd in 2006 the whole nostalgia scene was nowhere near as big as it is today. They should do what they have done with the Mad Fighter and give it another whirl, together with a Terra Conqueror. <_<

hedge :) what are the odds of a xr 311 rere rere? do you think it could happen? was there some trouble over the cheetah? are they enough of a pair for the two car rule?

I know Tamiya do release various limited edition parts, the Avante Ti screw set for example and the Black GT-01 Porsche was a limited edition kit.

Do you know if Tamiya numbered each limited edition kit like Hornby do with Scalextric cars? (for example they`ll say #392 of 1000 or something similar on the box).

Do you know if Tamiya numbered each limited edition kit like Hornby do with Scalextric cars? (for example they`ll say #392 of 1000 or something similar on the box).

Some truly limited edition kits are numbered, like the GT-01 1/12 black Porsche 934. Most aren't. They just put a limited edition sticker on the box. Limited edition is really just a marketing term, it doesn't imply there will only be a tiny amount of those kits issued. Rest assured most 'limited editions' there will be enough of them to meet demand.

Top Force re-issue was definitely only relatively low production numbers. They sold out rather quickly. The Manta Ray and Thunder Shot were re-released at the same time, and stock of these was around for a lot longer.

- James

I'm glad they are bringing back the Gold Lunchbox as it looks great with decals on. Means the overall Lunchbox legacy continues for sure.

I now hope they also bring back the ClodBuster with the white shell again. Such an iconic Tamiya also..

Limited edition is really just a marketing term, it doesn't imply there will only be a tiny amount of those kits issued. Rest assured most 'limited editions' there will be enough of them to meet demand.

Oh I know - but it is nice to see how many will actually be produced. With Scalextric some models are limited to a run of 1000 or less, but other limited editions are runs of 10000 - years after they were first released people are still trying to shift them.

a little high jack, while were on scalextric, i had a golden wonder rover, the wedge shape one p7? in white with orange decals i think the only new car i had all track and cars were second hand. has this ever been rere i would love to get one. i haven't more than glanced at the cars since '85. is there data base of the cars? fan site. will web search later but, if anyone has any pointers cheers