TomEG

Late to the Re-Re party, but.....

Well, haven't been around for a while, and basically missed the whole re-re party.... so I decided to throw my own re-re party.

Just carried these three beauties in the front door ;-)

ND3_4057_800.jpg

I think I'll start building the Avante right away (well right after Edvald Boasson Hagen has won todays TdF stage ;-)

Tom

Welcome to the ReRe club Tom. Good to see there are more of us in Oslo.

Hope you can find some PS-16 for that Avante, I just scoured Norwegian RC shops for paint. The stupid importer has gone bankrupt.

Well, haven't been around for a while, and basically missed the whole re-re party.... so I decided to throw my own re-re party.

Just carried these three beauties in the front door ;-)

ND3_4057_800.jpg

I think I'll start building the Avante right away (well right after Edvald Boasson Hagen has won todays TdF stage ;-)

Tom

What the bonus parts in the Avante <_< .

Very nice kits . Will be fun putting them together .

What the bonus parts in the Avante <_< .

Just the usual extra set of wheels.

Tom

Welcome to the ReRe club Tom. Good to see there are more of us in Oslo.

Hope you can find some PS-16 for that Avante, I just scoured Norwegian RC shops for paint. The stupid importer has gone bankrupt.

Yes, I just heard they went bankrupt.... Did you find the paint anywhere?

Tom

Great choice of kits. I haven't got an Avante but I thoroughly enjoy my SRB re-re's. Have fun <_<

Nice choices better to be late to the party so you can buy them all at once. Have fun with the builds as for Edvald Boasson Hagen who knew Norwegians could ride bikes <_<

who knew Norwegians could ride bikes <_<

You should know by now ;-)

BTW

I almost burst into tears when I realised Tamiya didn't re-release the Sand Scorcher with the original body.... I opened the box, lifted the body out, and instantly saw something was very wrong... What were they thinking???? Substituting that beautiful original body with this inferior, ugly thing???? Have they lost the original mould?? Does anyone know why?

Tom

Nice kits! You will enjoy.

I agree the original rounded guards look nicer, but it's not that bad is it? Check out this thread: Sand Scorcher VW 2010 Corrected

Speculation is that Tamiya modified the original moulds to make the Monster Beetle, and then the Blitzer Beetle. They didn't change them back for the SS 2010. They may have left it that way intentionally, so a collector could easily tell the difference between an original Scorcher, and a 2010 Scorcher.

- James

Yes, it really isn't that bad.... I just was so disappointed when I realised it wasn't the original body.... But what the heck... I have two original SS bodies, anyway ;-) And I also have a 30 yo NIP clear lexan BoLink body, used for racing.

I'm not so familiar with the Rough Rider/Buggy Champ, so does anybody know if the re-re of that model is faithful to the original?

Tom

I'm not so familiar with the Rough Rider/Buggy Champ, so does anybody know if the re-re of that model is faithful to the original?

yeah RR/BC body moldings is authentic apart from the updated statutory (eg <PS>) markings

re-re chassis differences in minute detail already documented by the tome in earlier threads by much-more-enthusiastic-than-i <_< re-re buyers

BTW

I almost burst into tears when I realised Tamiya didn't re-release the Sand Scorcher with the original body.... I opened the box, lifted the body out, and instantly saw something was very wrong... What were they thinking????

Makes it allot easier on the mind to cut and modify the body to your liking though.

Yep the whole world knows

To TomEG and Yonez and anyone else in Norway....I am truly sorry for the senseless tragedy that happened in Norway today. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your country. <_<

To TomEG and Yonez and anyone else in Norway....I am truly sorry for the senseless tragedy that happened in Norway today. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your country. <_<

Big Al,

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers in these sad times. They are truly appreciated.

Tom

Have not been watching the news but this prompted me to look it up online...Man that is just sad a bombing and mass shooting our prayers go out to you guys.

Sorry to hear about the tragedy in Norway.. Prayers to all of you over there...