TomEG

Random ESC's types in re-re models?

Hi.

I just realised that there were different models ESC's in my newly bought re-re Sand Scorcher and Buggy Champ. The SS came with a 104 while the BC came with a 101. My re-re Avante came with a 104. What types of ESC's came with your re-re's?

Tom

It's not random - unless someone's been swapping them - the 101 is the "old" type, the 104 is the "new" one with LiFe battery cutoff - which should be in the Buggy Champ onwards ... :) edit - so your Scorcher has the "wrong" one ?

I just found it strange that the Buggy Champ and the Sand Scorcher came with different ESC's. But it what you say about the 101 is old and the 104 is new I guess it makes sense.

Tom

Tamiya don't put ESCs in the kits. Distributors/resellers put ESCs in the kits and then whack a sticker on the outside of the box.

The Buggy Champ should have had a TEU104 added though as Tamiya intended the re-re SRBs to be used with thier 6.6v Li-FE packs (the TEU104 has a voltage cutoff for Lion Li-FE packs).

The TEU101 is discontinued now and starting to get harder to find new. It's a shame really. I personally don't like the 50% reverse/brake power of the TEU104.

My SS & Frog came with the 101, my Hotshot, HB2010 & Avante came with the 104, I guess it depends on what stock the distributor had when they were added to the kits

don't get an ESC in the box in Japan...

Overseas suppliers do it, or ask for it, to help sell products... otherwise everyone would just buy and import from Japan for the same or less money including shipping...

It is a shame though, because even a basic ESC like the 104 is expensive here, sometimes as much as a TT-01 kit...

example: The HB2010 only costs 5300 yen... $68 USD... and an ESC costs 6490yen $83 for the Futaba MC231 (only 19T motor...)

so the ESC is more than the car!

you guys get it easy!

don't get an ESC in the box in Japan...

Overseas suppliers do it, or ask for it, to help sell products... otherwise everyone would just buy and import from Japan for the same or less money including shipping...

It is a shame though, because even a basic ESC like the 104 is expensive here, sometimes as much as a TT-01 kit...

example: The HB2010 only costs 5300 yen... $68 USD... and an ESC costs 6490yen $83 for the Futaba MC231 (only 19T motor...)

so the ESC is more than the car!

you guys get it easy!

But how much are the Tamiya ESC's?

I notice Rcmart charges $28.90 for a TEU-104BK.

that's about how much they're worth wholesale, resellers can buy them loose by the carton

or sometimes the kit+ESC is cheaper than buying it separately so shops (with time on their hands)

may decide to buy all ESC kits and split them out... but other kits might sway the other way instead

I was looking for the price on champ website...

It's 3538 yen $45 USD...

things like that are not that cheap here.

Ha, you should try some other countries. If it wasn't for the fact that the Tamiya importer tanked it would probably be $100.

I buy everything from overseas. Even screws for oldfrogshots mod were cheaper on ebay with shipping than trying a local shop.