dabigbozz

84227 Renault R5 Turbo Rally announced ?

This was posted on Tamiya USA too. Clicky

Interesting bonus parts too ...

A new addition to the M-05Ra chassis R/C series line-up is the Renault 5 Turbo Rally, which was developed based on the popular Renault 5 in order to race in the World Rally Championship.

Specs and Features

1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.

Kit includes FREE BONUS PARTS (Matte-finished gold-plated wheel x 4pcs.)

Polycarbonate body.

Rally-tuned M-05Ra chassis features greater ground clearance and suspension strokes compared to the standard M05 chassis. Rally spec allows you to enjoy driving on both on-road and flat-dirt surfaces.

Rally block tires included

Short wheelbase specification (210mm).

Includes 540 type brushed motor

I think the Blitzer Beetle was something that we all thought was due to be re-released but the Sand Rover will be a bit of a surprise too, at least there will be bodies available again for project SRB chassis conversions :( I'll be at the front of the queue for the R5 Turbo, sure to be a good looker... Glad I didn't buy one of those other shells currently on ebay...

James

fresh new shell y'think? or just another rehack of 1/12th like the 280ZX

Why M05? R5 Turbo is supposed to be mid-engine RWD. They used to be careful to get the drive wheels correct on the M-chassis cars; what happened?

PS, Tamiya, if you're listening... Golf next. I want to do a Mk1 GTI.

the Zed is on M05 too, although SWB M06 is doable the tail not have enough space

Why M05? R5 Turbo is supposed to be mid-engine RWD. They used to be careful to get the drive wheels correct on the M-chassis cars; what happened?

It depends which version of the R5 Turbo they do. The monsters were mid-engined RWD as you say, but there has also been front engined FWD models...

It depends which version of the R5 Turbo they do. The monsters were mid-engined RWD as you say, but there has also been front engined FWD models...

It says its based on the WRC cars so it'll be a ReRe of the 5 Turbo Maxi body.

4604324684_3607a4024b.jpg

tamiya renault 5 by PANDAFRED, on Flickr