Will16

#58502 Blitzer Beetle Re-Release Announced!

It figures that this one would be re-re'd now that I'm almost done restoring one.

What are you restoring next? :unsure:

What are you restoring next? :unsure:

:)

No more for now. I'm taking a break from my RC projects for a while. I've got a holiday to pay for. :)

Sold mine earlier this year..... may put one back on my list, a little down from the top but still......

Jeez, after months without a squeak of info they are hurtling them all out at the same time. :lol:

Anyone find anything on the Sand Rover?

This time with mirrors!

Not a re-release then. Merely a recycled Scorcher 2010. :lol:

Just a rolling minefield of misused terminology :lol:

:D

Fair do's though. The mirrors really enhance the look, and probably look nicer on this than on the Scorcher. :o

:lol:

Fair do's though. The mirrors really enhance the look, and probably look nicer on this than on the Scorcher. :o

And will probably last just as long. I.e.about 5 minutes.. Although to be fair blitzers spend less time on their roof than scorchers :D

ok now i feel REALLY stupid for spending $80 on some orange wheels a year ago OOPS

Looks like it has clear windows to, I wonder if it has a rear windscreen? or if it has the 2010 SS one.

I'm in a bit of an unusual position with this re-re, because it's the re-re of a car that I have already! :lol:

Absolutely delighted that it has been re-re'd, just not sure if I'll buy one because I've got one already. Part of me thinks "Shelfer", but that'd be sacriledge to one of the best bashers in the Tamiya line up. There'd be no point in retiring the old one then running the new one, because the old one is fairly well hopped up anyway.

Saying all of that, who am I trying to kid? It's a Beetle; of course I'll have one :D

Sold mine earlier this year..... may put one back on my list, a little down from the top but still......

I bought one ealier this year, funnily enough......I've had a Stadium Blitzer sitting in my cart at Stella for about 3 months now, do I change it for another of these, or go one of each, get your old one going and buy the SB over the BB, Hmmmm decisions, decisions, although knowing me, it'll one of each re-re as well as the original

Anyone got any ideas what the price is going to be?? I suspect around what the Stadium Blitzer costs, maybe a bit more for the Bug shell??

Nose cone isn't SS2010 but as per original by the looks, no aerial hole in the sunroof so hopefully remounted somewhere else. Think my driver is getting annoyed at the orange pole smack in the middle of his face! Maybe I can use him as a scapegoat for the erratic driving B)

The price is $263, which is around £160. Not a bad price!