Will16

#58502 Blitzer Beetle Re-Release Announced!

This also raises a question about a possible Monster Beetle re-re too. That kit has yet another set of mounting holes in, so are they just going to release it with all the holes of the predecessors? Maybe we'll only see an MB re-re once we've had the Blitzer Beetle run, BB XB and bodyshell run before Tamiya blank out the holes for the Scorcher and Blitzer so that we get a "virgin" shell for the MB?

Otherwise the MB is going to look like a Tetley teabag!

MB uses BB holes. Or to be precise, the other way 'round.

MB bodies are identical to original BB bodies, apart from colour.

EDIT: You might be correct if thinking of a MB rere on the Blackfoot III chassis. OMG! :)

Currently I have the bonus holes filled, the horrible mold join lines on the fenders removed and the flaring around the nosecone and sunroof sanded down and it's in it's first thick coat of primer/filler drying to be sanded back.

This is the first Blitzer I have seen in person, and that extended nose really changes the profile of the body. I quite like it for the application.

But, for not much more than $30 you can get a SS body kit so it's really a moot point....

Jeeeez - imagine saying that 5 years ago with a straight face! :lol: ! You would have to add at least one zero to the end of that figure!!

Amazing what a difference a bit of re-re plastic can do!!

Good stuff.

Cheers

Darryn

Does it not bother any Blitzer Beetle owners here that the body supplied does not really match the wheel base of the chassis? I feel the front wheels are too much forward.

I rechecked the diagrams to see if I did not put the mounting at the right place but I could not see any mistake.

So I drilled 3 mounting holes on my spare SS body which made the body sits forward a little on Blitzer's chassis. Looks better but I still wish Tamiya had made some adjustment to the wheel base in this re-re.

Furthermore, unless I carefully cut/trim the white nose cone of SS, I need to use the orange one. <sigh>

Does it not bother any Blitzer Beetle owners here that the body supplied does not really match the wheel base of the chassis?

No. Actually, I prefer it the way it is. Since the tyres are so much bigger than the radius of the openings, with the dune buggy style body I think it's appropriate that the trailing edge of the tyre lines up the rear of the front guard :lol: The Monster Beetle's wheelbase was better matched, but the front tyre could contact the body work causing damage.

Models with full, un cut bodies like the Blackfoot and Clodbuster need some sort of alignment though.

Awesome colour scheme, well done and it looks mint. It certainly didn't end up box art as you suggested it might.

The orange/purple works really well together. You even have an orange HK servo in there too I see.

She'll look better still with dirt roosting off the tyres. :lol:

Thanks. I wanted to evolve the colour scheme, since I had to match the wheels anyway and that is what came to mind.

Yeah, a HK servo... :lol: Orange, orange, orange....

I will get it going, and might have to crash one of the central coast beach runs. I have a set of Proline Sandpaws to throw on the back.

Thanks. I wanted to evolve the colour scheme, since I had to match the wheels anyway and that is what came to mind.

Yeah, a HK servo... :lol: Orange, orange, orange....

I will get it going, and might have to crash one of the central coast beach runs. I have a set of Proline Sandpaws to throw on the back.

Orange is such a great accent colour. What you have done would have worked equally well on black, blue or even gun metal or silver. The purple you have used actually reminds me of a Violet Crumble wrapper which not only looks great but makes me hungry for chocolate. Hang on, chocolate brown with orange accents. Just kidding. :D

The sandpaws will certainly get the dirt roosting.

Orange is such a great accent colour. What you have done would have worked equally well on black, blue or even gun metal or silver. The purple you have used actually reminds me of a Violet Crumble wrapper which not only looks great but makes me hungry for chocolate. Hang on, chocolate brown with orange accents. Just kidding. :lol:

The sandpaws will certainly get the dirt roosting.

My own blitzer looks looks awesume blasting down the beach with the proline sling shots throwing up the sand . Great work fella . Nice quality build .

BMT i did the self same mod a few months back . so far it works perfectly and no problem with the lower arms .

Jak- I love your Bug!! Where did you get the VW flag at the back??

I like it very good, nice paint.

Are these the white rims from Stadium Blitzer?

I am looking for a good tire for the street.

Has anyone installed a brushless motor? If so, how many turns?

Yes those are the White wheels form the Stadium Blitzer

Good street tyres are Proline Speed Hawg or Proline Road Rage. All terrain tyres that are good are Proline Dirt Works or Proline Dirt Hawg.

IMO any brushless system will go in it. I've a 9 turn one in mine and its awsome! Get LiPo and your sorted.

P.S. Your Bug looks great!!

Jak- I love your Bug!! Where did you get the VW flag at the back??

Yes those are the White wheels form the Stadium Blitzer

Good street tyres are Proline Speed Hawg or Proline Road Rage. All terrain tyres that are good are Proline Dirt Works or Proline Dirt Hawg.

IMO any brushless system will go in it. I've a 9 turn one in mine and its awsome! Get LiPo and your sorted.

P.S. Your Bug looks great!!

9t brushless in mine too and its totally balistic . Great fun and the gearbox can take the extra power no problem .

OK I look at proline tyres, thx :)

Each system? Goes by too fast motors, the gear not break?

In German forums, many people say that it was not good in the "old" Tamiya models to run fast brushless motors.

Thank you, after almost 20 years, the first model, then, I had the grasshopper 2

I use the google translator, I can speak and write English, but not 100% :D

Ich kann mit 100% iger Sicherheit sagen, dass die Blitzer-Getriebe wird gut mit Brushless Power. Sie müssen den Tamiya Ritzel auf eine Stahlplatte ein zu ändern, aber das ist alles. Ich hatte Beschlag Tourenwagen harte Schalen und Antriebswellen besser zu beraten. 3Racing (e bay) tun einige Blackfoot extreme CVD-Wellen, die sich optimal ergänzen. Diese sind sehr stark. Ich habe eine 9t 4370kv Brushless im Bergwerk für das letzte Jahr laufen ohne Probleme.

Prost Arron

Sierra, wenn Sie möchten, Herz-und Gefässkrankheiten, ich habe einen Satz zu verkaufen

(Von Google Translate)[/url]

Heart and vascular diseases? No way I would ever want that! :)

Ah google translate just sucks, especially with R/C related words. However, great fun!

Sierra, remember to get a module 0.8 steel pinion, Carson #13403 (13T) or #13405 (15T) should do the job.

(Sierra, ich lege dir ein Stahlritzel Modul 0,8 wärmstens ans Herz, entweder Carson #13403 13Z oder #13405 15Z. Die den Bausätzen beigelegten Alu-Ritzel von Tamiya sind zu weich und können bei hoher Beanspruchung abnutzen und anschließend dein Plastik-Zwischenzahnrad zerstören)

Heart and vascular diseases? No way I would ever want that! :)

Ah google translate just sucks, especially with R/C related words. However, great fun!

Sierra, remember to get a module 0.8 steel pinion, Carson #13403 (13T) or #13405 (15T) should do the job.

(Sierra, ich lege dir ein Stahlritzel Modul 0,8 wärmstens ans Herz, entweder Carson #13403 13Z oder #13405 15Z. Die den Bausätzen beigelegten Alu-Ritzel von Tamiya sind zu weich und können bei hoher Beanspruchung abnutzen und anschließend dein Plastik-Zwischenzahnrad zerstören)

The 0.8 module opinion doesn't mesh well, better get a proper 32p robinson pinion .

Well, I apologize then. I thought for most Tamiyas, metric sized pinions would be those to replace Tamiyas AV-pinions, not imperial sizes?