Sign in to follow this  
9519sam

Mixing up kit

Hi I was under the impression that any transmitter would work with any receiver as long as the correct crystals we're being used but after mixing some of my stuff around today it didn't work what's the rule with this is it by brand, or even more specific than that?

Also I have a buggy with a MSC and it has a fault with the motor and the MSC servo isnt so good any more so am planning to replace with a cheap ESC and slightly better 540 motor I'm just going to get cheap stuff off eBay, can I mix any motor and ESC? Or is there something I have to look out for?

Many thanks

Sam

Hi I was under the impression that any transmitter would work with any receiver as long as the correct crystals we're being used but after mixing some of my stuff around today it didn't work what's the rule with this is it by brand, or even more specific than that?

Also I have a buggy with a MSC and it has a fault with the motor and the MSC servo isnt so good any more so am planning to replace with a cheap ESC and slightly better 540 motor I'm just going to get cheap stuff off eBay, can I mix any motor and ESC? Or is there something I have to look out for?

Many thanks

Sam

Yes it will always work as long as you ensure you pair it up with a partner from the se standard.

27mhz

27 MHz narrow

40 MHz am

40 MHz fm

40 MHz HSR

2.4ghz won't work as it manufacturer specific

Many thanks

Sam

Generally you need to use the same pair of crystals. So a blue Futaba with a blue Acoms may not work. This can be luck of the draw as the crystals have some variation, so you may get a pair that don't match. Try to keep your crystal pairs together. Also, I don't think you can use the transmitter crystal in the receiver or receiver crystal in the transmitter.

When it comes to ESC and motor, make sure you use a brushed ESC with a brushed motor and brushless ESC with brushless motor. ESCs also generally specify how low a wind they can support, so make sure the ESC you are getting goes as low or lower than the Motor wind. Motor wind is the T number. E.g. a ESC that supports max 13T cannot be used with an 11T motor, but works fine with power to spare for a 23T motor.

Thanks for the replys looking at the faded sticker one handset is 40mhz and the other is 27 so that's why it's not working

I'm going to see how cheap I can get a dirt tuned brushed motor and ESC but if it's over 20 Inc delivery I'll prob just get ezrun brushless for 40 have one in my ta04 and it's fast enough for me to be bashing around

What's the difference in turns on the motors?

My understanding is the higher the turns, the more torque. There might be more to it than that though.

There's a 13t Ezrun combo going for £25 with free postage on the bay. The delivery takes between 3 and 6 weeks but if you are not in a rush it's fine.

I have one in a TA03 that runs like a dream.

Yes it will always work as long as you ensure you pair it up with a partner from the se standard.

27mhz

27 MHz narrow

40 MHz am

40 MHz fm

40 MHz HSR

2.4ghz won't work as it manufacturer specific

Not always the case, I would recommend matching brands at all times.

There's a 13t Ezrun combo going for £25 with free postage on the bay. The delivery takes between 3 and 6 weeks but if you are not in a rush it's fine.

I have one in a TA03 that runs like a dream.

That's an unbelievable deal cheers for that! I'm going to wait till next week and get a couple combos as spares for when I pick up random non runners off eBay

Sam

Very true. On 27mhz its very mix and match, but on 40mhz it can be brand-specific. For example, I used a Novak XXL receiver with a Hitec transmitter and it worked, and the same receiver with a KO transmitter which worked fine. KO transmitter with a Futaba reciever was OK too, but the Hitec transmitter didn't like the KO or Futaba receivers.

Very true. On 27mhz its very mix and match, but on 40mhz it can be brand-specific. For example, I used a Novak XXL receiver with a Hitec transmitter and it worked, and the same receiver with a KO transmitter which worked fine. KO transmitter with a Futaba reciever was OK too, but the Hitec transmitter didn't like the KO or Futaba receivers.