Sign in to follow this  
Oldie-schrauber

A Great gift from a friend and another find.

:lol: Yeah today, I was really lucky, a friend told me, that he has an old RC Truck wich he doesent need anymore. He asked me if I would take it otherwise it will go to the junk...

I turned out to be a really cool but slightly smashed and bashed Tamiya TNX Monstertruck with 3ccm Engine, some spare Parts and accesorys.

And just as this would not be great enough I found a really old but nearly complete Vintage Tamiya Buggy wich seems to have a nearly similar chassis to the hornet but different Bodyshell.

I am really happy that I discovered those things and I hope to get both clean and running soon :D

best regards

Lukas.

Btw for the pic lovers:

7841453fyj.jpg

7841454uag.jpg

7841455ldi.jpg

7841459wko.jpg

Nice.. Freebies are always good. What a good mate you got there.. That there buggy would be A grasshopper 2 I think.. I'm pretty sure I have one of those laying around.

:lol: Yeah I think you are right, its a Grasshopper 2, btw I discovered it at my local electronic junkyard. There are also some sparepartfrom the transmisson as well as a second motor and some other neat things. The TNX has some broken suspension parts but fixable, the Engine has a brand new piston :D

Regards

Lukas

Sry 4 the doublepost :lol:

I went to the scrapyard on more time with my moped. currently its 3:25 AM in my country so I was there one hour ago... found some more parts to the hopper and also a few pieces more of a metal construction kit. Tomorrow I think I will get started on the hopper, the two batteries that I found with the car are in good condition so I am able to drive a few rounds before I restore it.

Regards

Lukas

There we go, its complete and clean now great little buggy =)

7848951uco.jpg

7848952jpv.jpg

7848953qsn.jpg

7848954jgp.jpg

7848955tri.jpg

7848956tsr.jpg

7848957afm.jpg

7848958ryi.jpg

7848959blu.jpg

7848960qan.jpg

there also is a youtube video soon wich has way more pictures of the process.

Regards Lukas

Edit: There is the Video

<_<

Guys I need your Help.

After a little bit of cleaning I tried to start the TNX but there is a Problem. The engine starts up runs for a few seconds and dies out like you would cut the fuel supply... I am using Jets Pro Mix 25% nitromethane fuel. The jets on the carb are set to rich mixture because the former owner told me he put a brand new set of cylinder and piston in it. The diagnosis is allways the same: the glowplug seems to be faulty. It looks like a little bit melted. I tried the Rossi R1 and R2 and also an OS nr.8 but its allways the same problem. What the heck I am doing wrong??? Do I need a hotter or colder glowplug ? Rossi R3 or R4 or maybee R5??

The Engine in question is a OS FS-18 SR wich has got 3ccm.

Thanks for your response.

Regards

Lukas