RARECRX

My R/C gameplan has changed. Any recomendations?

Well, Of course you guys know I'm a fairly new member, yes, go ahead and look to the left at my post count..

My intentions when joining this forum was to off all my old R/C stuff and be gone.. That has changed from reading on this site.... You may think "But This guy is selling all his old Tamiya's/R/c's on the e-bay" Well technically no.. I gave a original shelf queen bruiser and a juggernaut to my older brother to stay as shelf queens because he bought them for me when I was young..

I am NOT a collector at all.. Just a guy who kept a bunch of old r/c stuff some never ran due to having too many to run and not enough money to fund for radio's etc at my young age.... SO I have decided to sell most of my old stuff that is worth a bit more money (unknowingly to me until about a week ago)..

I will keep My original Clodbuster (and a 3/4 new one) .. The mildy run one I will run and the 3/4 one I will build into a fully restored shelfer for memories.. I will keep My original Hornet and a 1/2 and run it like heck with the Novak rooster and 14 turn double, the Wild willy will also be kept... And of Course the King Hauler and Trailer..

With my "newfounded riches" lol.. I plan on buying a Bunch Of RE-RE's to build AND RUN!!! I can now afford to do so (somewhat).And teach my 12 & 8 year old about the hobby, Honestly, R/C cars is what kept me from becoming a bad egg, as most my young friends are now, well, incarcerated or not doing too well.. Maybe it will help with them as well.. What do you recommend? I'm, not into this new stuff, or Gas stuff at all.. I'll stick with what I know..

I was thinking RE-RE, anything I'm missing?

FAV

Holiday buggy

Buggy champ

Sand scorcher..

I think any fleet of runners should include a 4WD buggy somewhere. I have a re-re Hotshot and a Fire Dragon and can recommend either of them. The Hotshot has a bit more vintage-cool vibe, but the Dragon handles a lot better. Both are great fun to build and run. There's also the Boomerang, though I hear they're getting hard to find, or the Manta Ray or any of its derivatives.

Ahh yes, the Hot shot I totally forgot about that gem.. IMO The hot shot was one of the meanest looking buggies to date.. I already have the FAV kit coming in.. I find a sweet spot to run them the other day and can't wait to get some video up.

I think any fleet of runners should include a 4WD buggy somewhere. I have a re-re Hotshot and a Fire Dragon and can recommend either of them. The Hotshot has a bit more vintage-cool vibe, but the Dragon handles a lot better. Both are great fun to build and run. There's also the Boomerang, though I hear they're getting hard to find, or the Manta Ray or any of its derivatives.

What he said,you have to have a re release 4wd for a runner. They are great fun.

Blitzer Beetle (got to have one of these as they are a great buggy/truggy

Lunchbox (you hav'nt learnt to handle an rc until you can get one o0f these to turn without falling over) Lmao

just my opinion but they are two that I would include in the list

Pete

I can understand starting with the vintage cars, restoring my Grasshopper and Bruiser was what got me back into the hobby. A few years later I have pretty much everything I wanted when I was a kid.

I'd also recommend that the OP not rule out the new toys that are out there. There have been quite a few advances in the last 25 years.

yeah unless you've got some fond nostalgia about the oldies, i don't think your kids

would care that they're re-releases... get them some new RCs to fang about with

And unless your existing cars are all pristine NIBs, i don't see how selling used cars and buying

re-res will put you ahead financially - afaik any new re-re kit is still dearer than a used original.

Might as well keep the originals and fix them up with new parts where needed.

Agreed, I'd also add that the diffs are a lot stronger in the thundershot / fire dragon series, I've run mine with a 9.6V battery and a 8.5T brushless system with no problems, I wouldn't want to try this with the hotshot or a boomerang.

If it was me I'd ditch the hornet as well. They handle about as well as an R/C off road unicycle, and I probably wouldn't go for a buggy champ and a sand scorcher, as they're pretty much the same car under the bodyshell. If you want something for the kids to play with you can't go wrong with a Mad Bull, they're tough as old boots and can be made to go very fast very easily. Given the choice, I'd go for the new sand rover when it comes out rather than the 2010HB, I think the sand rover looks better.

I get a lot of fun from my TXT-1, but you really need a good piece of rough uneven ground to get the most from them, they're pretty dull in standard form bumbling round on smooth lawn or tarmac.