Sign in to follow this  
SWAGGER

MFU max mAh Battery?

Hey all,

Does anyone have any idea of the max size battery that you can run on the MFC? I currently run a 2000 mAh battery but I bought a 5200 mAh a while back thinking that I would get much longer running time. However, i'm now a little nervous in case I burn out my MFC. Obviously the MFC is a pricey unit and I don't want to take any chances.

What is the common consensus on this?

Thanks in advance...... :)

mAh means the length or capacity the battery will last. As long as you stay with the correct voltage your 5200 battery is safe.

- Jeff

Cheers Jeff, that was a very fast response!

I shouldn't really have had to ask to be honest. I knew what milli Amp per hour was and was confident when buying the battery, but I had put the truck and all the kit away for nearly a year and when I took it all out again the other day, I just had lost that confidence and forgotten a few things. Thought it best to check with the pros before going ahead and plugging it in. It is 7.2V so should be fine.

Thanks for the reassurance, I will enjoy the truck for longer now!

While the manual recommends against prolonged continuous use (which today's huge capacity batteries can be compared to considering the batteries available back in 2003 when the MFU was launched) you need not worry.

The MFU does have circuits that protect it against overheating.

Thanks Mouton. I don't be running it hard anyway. It has not yet been used outdoors even, plus it has never pulled anything but it's own weight, so all good for now.