gottago

Anyone know other Re-releases in the near future?

Does anyone know if Tamiya will re-release anything else other than whats on their website now? cars such as the King cab, monster racer, and the one I would really want, the Bruiser?

We would all like to know!

But it seems only some guys at Tamiya know... there's no logical order or timing as to thre re-releases, kinda fun actually!

So we'll just have to wait and see! :(

I really hope the original Hilux or Bruiser will come... those were on my wish list as a kid, but way WAY too expensive ;)

Wish I knew that answer.

I'd like to see the Wild One, Supershot, Ford Ranger. In no particular order, please!

As long as Tamiya follows its 2-per-chassis-re-release pattern we will see in the near future:

- Wild One

- Egress

- Chevy S10 or Toyota Prerunner

- VW Golf Mk1 on M05

Possibly also a Monster Beetle II on the Blackfoot III chassis, although I really hope not! ;)

Really not sure about the vintage 3-Speeds, but I keep my fingers crossed!

Christian

Expect the Clod to reappear - too iconic not to have it in their offering.

Well the FAV just re re so you would think the Wild one wouldn't be too far away 6 months or so ( MAYBE )

I would have thought that the supershot would have been out as well , BUT seems not .

The 58500 I was thinking that may have been the BIGWIG as this was the 10th anniversary model . BUT NO that didn't come as well .

You just never know what will come out & if it's going to be any good . I'm not into the DT02 junk , Just not my cup of tea , to

cheap & way to far from the original HB .

The 3 speed stuff ???????? we will have too see but don't hold your breath ....

Well, I had already gotten my wish when the brat came back since it was my first Tamiya kit I bought as a kid with my own money for $69.95 at the local hobby shop!

Bringing back the bruiser would be just a real bonus for me!!!! I don't see why they wouldn't since they made the metal parts come back on the sand scorcher, a friend of mine seems to think it would be at the 30 year mark that the bruiser would resurface.

Well, I had already gotten my wish when the brat came back since it was my first Tamiya kit I bought as a kid with my own money for $69.95 at the local hobby shop!

for interest and if you don't telling. How many years was that and what did the re /re brat go for?

As for future re-release, maybe Mr. AJ Anderson? the TC member that works for Tamiya USA may know, provided he is at a high enough payscale to know or without lossing his job or his has planned bugs in the big guy office. :lol:

Well, we know they are able to remake any model they want! Just think about it - they even re-re'd the XR311!!!

So I'm 100% sure the 3-speeds will arrive sooner or later... but why should Tamiya rush it?

Think about it... over more years they continue giving us oldies goldies... the more cars in total we will buy ;)

If they gave us the Beetle, 3-speeds, Avante +++ in one year, it would be too much money to spend... but over MANY years most guys can get ALL the models they want...

Only thing I see is that they prefer to bring back the "basic cooking models" + without bearings, carbon, titanium etc, only to make the prices as low as possible. Most cars won't leave the shelves anyway :lol:

Tamiya, I love it!!!

Btw. I saw Kyosho just released a mini-Z or something of the old Scorpion... maybe they want a piece of the action as well?

Oh, and I agree as to the HB and SR re-releases, they should at least have made the chassis quite similar to the original! I mean, if I want performance I may just as well put a HB shell on top of a Team Xtreme Predator X11 (laydown susp so any shell would fit...).

How many years was what? I bought the original sometime in 83, and the re-release in about 2007, they were going for about $150 but are now like $180.

I bought one if the first Japan verisons with the crome plated chassis, with a oval plated sticker on the front of the box stating it had the crome plated chassis.

I also bought another re-release brat and bought a crome chassis kit for it as well as some crome plated factory rims as well.

I would love it if the brought back the King cab and hi Lux monster racer, even though I have a fully restored one of each with brand new unpainted bodies right now.

I would love to buy them so I can drive them at the local track.

for interest and if you don't telling. How many years was that and what did the re /re brat go for?

As for future re-release, maybe Mr. AJ Anderson? the TC member that works for Tamiya USA may know, provided he is at a high enough payscale to know or without lossing his job or his has planned bugs in the big guy office. :lol:

the re releases have been like that roulette game with chocolate covered confectionary, you might get one you don't like now and again but still all sweets. we should start a sweepstake for who calls the next rere without insider info, just for fun and bragging rights :lol:, we know from the to car rule a couple have good odds but there is all was the change of the 1/100 long shot making it out first!

anyone have any new pics of the new Montero wheelie? I loved the original as well as the honda city turbo!

Egress - 2011/12

Porche 959 Rally (and Toyota) - 2012

3-speed (Hilux and Blazer) - 2013

Sonic Fighter 2012 - you heard it here first. :(

That's funny dude !!!

But I do desperatly want an original Sonic Fighter Nib :)

the re releases have been like that roulette game with chocolate covered confectionary, you might get one you don't like now and again but still all sweets.

"Life is like a box of chocolates" ? Run, Forest, run. :)

whats your reason?

I pray that they won't rerelease anything anymore!

I hope the RC gods get my devotions!

I pray that they won't rerelease anything anymore!

I hope the RC gods get my devotions!

Just don't buy 'em and let the rest of us have our fun.

Thats what I say!

The hobby should be affordable and fun! Just like back in the 80's when I first got my brat and learned to assemble it and getting it all put together. The first time I pulled the trigger with my 2 stick futaba radio I was blown away by the crazy power of that Mabuchi RS380 motor!

i thought i just escaped this disscusion :) @ Outta Control have you made any rc related sacrifices to the deity?

blazing blazer 2012

toyota 4x4 2013

hilux and bruiser 2014 both in the same year just to test our loyalty!

@ taliesin :)

Crystal-ball gazing (my guesses are as accurate as anyone's I suppose):

I'm reasonably sure we'll see a Wild One re-re soon, probably just after everyone who really wants one (including me) has decided an FAV is "close enough" and settled. They know we'll buy both anyway, so they just hold off a few months. But that will be the last vintage-style chassis for a while.

With the Blitzer Beetle coming back, I'd be surprised to see anything that looks like a Monster Beetle, but if we do, it will likely be on the Blackfoot III chassis. Which might be kinda cool actually; I bet the wheelbase disparity would be less noticeable.

It will infuriate the purists, but I can see the 959 and Celica Rally bodies coming back on an M chassis. (After, of course, the Golf Mk1.) No reason to bring back a complicated old chassis when you already have a line of simple ones that will match the dimensions; just whip up a batch of bodies. Fortunately, it won't be too hard to take the body shell and drop it on an HPI Cup Racer chassis to get proper 4WD back.

Lastly, I doubt we'll ever see the old 3 speed return, but a Blazing Blazer High-Lift wouldn't surprise me. Again, the body is the easy part.

I just get the feeling they're losing their shirt on the Avante (again!) and it will scare them off any more big-ticket re-res. Might see a Fox or a Bigwig, but that's about it. I'm guessing the era of modern chassis with classic bodies is only beginning. Which is fine with me; I'd rather have the performance and reliability.

Of course, I could be wrong...

I will not buy any Re-Re.

Even if they give 3 pretty girls as freebie with the kit.

Never ever!

I just get the feeling they're losing their shirt on the Avante.....

Why would you think that? Over 50 of them in the showrooms after only 6 months and it's constantly sold out at Stella. I think it's selling pretty well tbh.