Sign in to follow this  
Nitropete

Super rc newbie here

well just joined the site, been reading up ect. Anyway ive got a tt-01 (yea yea starter i know but not going to change for a while) had it for a few years now, started just bashing it and very novice drifting, it was gathering dust for a year or so and now ive decided to get it going again but more for getting into racing. So far ive got:

Front and Rear ajustable arms, 13mm oil shocks and gear shafts (3 Racing)

An Ally driveshaft, Brass eyelets for the suspension, Ajustable Steering and servo linkages (GPM)

Steering linkage, 2 Degree Caster rear hubs and ally front hubs (Yeah racing)

Its running the TEU-101BK Esc with a Sport tuned Tamiya Motor (with heatsink) and Acoms Techniplus radio gear

Anyway now you know my current setup, after installing the Ajustable Servo link my steering seems to get stuck going to the right say 60% and 20% when going to the left, theres more pressure on the Servo horn itself (Warping slightly) Any idea why this is happening, ive checked all the screws and clearences and it all seems ok. Anything i might be missing?

is the servo horn vertical when at the neutral position. If not, this might explain the uneven binding. Some photos of the steering setup would be beneficial to diagnosis :lol:

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0215.jpg

Ill be trying the original servo arm out soon to see if its an issue with the angle, other than that im stumped

So putting the origanal servo arm has fixed the problem, has anyone else fitted a Ajustable arm to a TT01? If so did you have the same problem or was there another way? maybe a different horn to make the bar more inline as that was the problem i was having. Also with the Steering bars im noticing them slowly working loose over 10 mins or so, maybe using loctite? I feel these should be bar joint like on the rear suspension arms.

Can you move the servo back in the chassis about 1mm? Sometimes this is possible by using different servo mounts or re-arranging the kit supplied ones. This would give enough clearance for that adjustable link.

Threadlock is a good idea when things undo by themselves.

Hi Nitropete & welcome to the club.

I have fitted the same steering setup to my TT01 & I experienced the same binding problems.

Turned out the knuckle on the steering servo arm was binding against the servo saver/horn, dremelling out a bit of the servo saver solved the problem.

here's a pic you can see where I ground out the servo saver a few mm to fit the arm.

img27857_11082011230120_1.jpg

hope this helps.

Thanks for all the support, I started cutting the Horn back and it snapped :blink:. But whilst i was surfing Ebay for some parts i just decided to go for it and got a 3racing chassis. Turned up today (only took 3 working days from HK!) But as alot of my other parts havn't turned up i started mocking it together and ran into a issue, The Standard gears don't mesh (Not even close). So I was wondering if anyone eles had the Chassis kit and what gears to run on it?