Cooltoys

Hotshot 1 or 2 for restoration.

Got a hotshot recently came with a lot of parts. Cleaned it up a bit as it was really dusty...

Need a little help on this model as i am not too familiar with it.

So far i know it missing an underside piece cover or chassis?

Looking for one dogbone for the front, wheels & other stuff that i will discover when you guys look at it.

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

looks like an original Hotshot (1)

you're missing bottom "tub" for chassis that holds the servos etc,

plus you'll need the servo hardware & servosaver etc

tub & parts from re-re will be usable, wheels/tyres identical.

Not so on dogbone though, you'll need to get original.

looks like an original Hotshot (1)

you're missing bottom "tub" for chassis that holds the servos etc,

plus you'll need the servo hardware & servosaver etc

tub & parts from re-re will be usable, wheels/tyres identical.

Not so on dogbone though, you'll need to get original.

Nice to hear the re-re tub/chassis will be usable.. Time to order one..

It has the servo still on the car but not sure if its complete. I see two pieces of it there.

Anybody has a original dogbone around? I need one..

Thanks! That will be very useful for me. B)

I'll see if I can free up the time to scan the vintage manual I have.

You could also try to search on google.com like this: "tamiya 58047 manual"

-Lars

i got 2 bottom tubs and a spare bone or 2 . as far as i could tell there was no difference in the bones on my original hotty . the bones had some line around the ends but other than that , the same . the end bits are different to other drive cups as the ball is bigger . how are the rear arms ? no broken off bits ?

i got 2 bottom tubs and a spare bone or 2 . as far as i could tell there was no difference in the bones on my original hotty . the bones had some line around the ends but other than that , the same . the end bits are different to other drive cups as the ball is bigger . how are the rear arms ? no broken off bits ?

Remember that there are two different lengths to the original Hot Shot dogbones. The rear ones are slightly longer and do not have the line around them, the front ones are shorter and do have the line. I don't think it will cause any problems if you mix them up.

The re-re Hot Shot instructs you to use the TA01 style front knuckles. The front dogbones are also shorter than the rear, and have a rib around the middle.

- James

The rear arms are great. No broken off bits or anything.. :) It looks like after the rubber bag melted on the motor it wasn't used much after. The tires didn't have much wear on it too. I guess parts went missing from storage or something.. I haven't replaced anything yet on the buggy. Still missing bottom tub,dog bones & 2 tires.

I'll take better pics on the next one..

Yeah the rubber bags disintegrated pretty quickly. Better just to leave it off.

Radio box was probably removed and raided to get the RC gear out of it, and never reattached to the car. You're probably missing some miscellaneous parts from the radio box, like the servo mounts (and washers/screws), steering horn, brass steering ball joints, and servo saver (easy to get, same as re-re E parts, and S servo saver parts are still easy to get), and the 6 screws that attach the radio box, and the snap pin mounts and snap pins that hold the battery plate onto the radio box.

You're also missing the front bumper and skid guard (and mounting screw hardware). You can just use re-re C parts for that.

I would ditch the standard speed controller that's in it (the thing dangling underneath with all the wires), and replace it with a modern electronic speed control (ESC). A TEU-101BK/TEU-104BK will do just fine.

- James

Got a few photos yesterday. Found another hotshot. Installed the right side wheels for pics bald ones.. ;) the first one i got was missing 1 front & 1 rear wheel..Still have to dismantle everything for a full rebuild some time. Its missing a bumper.. Anyone have one?

I replaced the motor from the other hotshot i got it had a nice motor on it.. :)

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

nice... very nice.... I like the stand too where did you get that from?

hey cool , i found a 2 tubs and front bar and some reasonable wheels . one tub brand new , the other used but looks new ,the front barhas red painton it , looks a bit used but better than the one you got , no bone . and no i really dont want to stuff about with pics . if ur keen pm me ur address and i will work out postage and price

Looking good! i really should start my super shot resto.....

Thanks Simondo! Would love to see the super shot resto too..

@ KALEI63 Got the stand from a buddy of mine sitting in his shelf. I'll ask where he got it from.

@Commiedoor pm sent.

Them front dogbones are like rocking horse poo. My resto was missing one. The one i had was knackered. Just found a new set on ebay, curtisee of a fellow member. I will now have a roller original.

Them front dogbones are like rocking horse poo. My resto was missing one. The one i had was knackered. Just found a new set on ebay, curtisee of a fellow member. I will now have a roller original.

If you have a spare propeller shaft, I'm interrested ;-) I need one for my Supershot.

Tom

If you have a spare propeller shaft, I'm interrested ;-) I need one for my Supershot.

Tom

Sorry no , just had a look throo my bits. Got rear driveshafts, gears, hub carriers, etc All the usual stuff you break

Rych

Sorry no , just had a look throo my bits. Got rear driveshafts, gears, hub carriers, etc All the usual stuff you break

Rych

I'll just have to keep looking ;-)

A little update on the hotshot. Bought some new re-re rims. They are too white & didn't match the fronts.

Only to find out later i had some new in package ones sitting in the shelf hiding.. :D

Installed the new rims & tires. I had some front ones that i know of. Totally forgot about the rear ones.. New battery holder from crp.

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

A little update on the hotshot. Bought some new re-re rims. They are too white & didn't match the fronts.

Only to find out later i had some new in package ones sitting in the shelf hiding.. :D

Installed the new rims & tires. I had some front ones that i know of. Totally forgot about the rear ones.. New battery holder from crp.

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

Great looking battery holder , very nice job . If i look around ALL of my stuff & in box's , cupboards etc I would be surprised on what i have .

I'm sure we all would ., We are RC junkies , with hidden rc bits :lol:

Those front drive shafts are a nightmare, I still need a pair for my vintage hotshot :)

Yeah i know.... The re re ones can be used i think? Unless you are restoring to full vintage then you need to find those...

@ Matman Thanks! The battery holder is a cheap upgrade.. B)

Rc junkies yup!! hahahha... :)